CBC: Deal Not Expected Today, Discussions Into Mid-Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
http://www.cbc.ca/story/sports/national/2005/07/11/Sports/nhltalks050711.html

Despite a marathon negotiating session on Sunday, the announcement of a new NHL collective bargaining agreement didn't appear imminent as the league and players' union planned to meet again Monday.

A source close to the labour talks told the The Associated Press that there was "still lots to do" and that discussions likely would continued into the middle of the week.

Sportsnet reports similarly: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/shownews.jsp?content=s071121A

A source close to the talks told The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity that there was "still lots to do" and that discussions would likely stretch past Monday. The sides, which already met for seven straight days, were scheduled to resume negotiations in the later morning. Talks wrapped up for the night at 1:30 a.m.

It's the same AP story, but FWIW.

baldrick

Jul 1, 2005
That's what happens when kids don't start on an assignment until the night before its
due....

GSC2k2*

baldrick said:
That's what happens when kids don't start on an assignment until the night before its
due....
A poor analogy, sorry. That is what happens when you are negotiating a complex deal ...

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
it's obvious that fans have been, are, and always will be taken for granted. the arrogance with which both sides operate is appalling.

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
gscarpenter2002 said:
A poor analogy, sorry. That is what happens when you are negotiating a complex deal ...

They had over 10 years to start on it.. what are you talking about???????

complex deal.. they only started negociating for a few months......

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
If there is "still lots to do" then lets label this thing another 2 weeks again and delay the season already.

NHL and NHLPA are crazy... a few more weeks and no one will care............. :shakehead

GSC2k2*

joepeps said:
They had over 10 years to start on it.. what are you talking about???????
complex deal.. they only started negociating for a few months......
Something apparently quite different from anything in your experience, based on your post ... :dunno:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Remember people, no optimism allowed.

I'm glad people see it my way

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
go kim johnsson said:
Remember people, no optimism allowed.

I'm glad people see it my way

yep, I have absolutely no optimism left, I just can not believe they quote "still lots to do" again.......... Just delay the season already.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
i bet there are some point being argued contentiously at this point...a few last things here and there that aren't a big deal but netiehr side wants to give in on

probably won't drag out very long but kind of annoying at this point. course, i could be wrong ;)

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I don't mind as much the length of time this is taking now, but it does get old for every media outlet to keep setting dates, and having them exceeded many days over.

Either way, lets all hope this ends SOON.

oildrop

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
This is pathetic. "Lots to do"...what the hell. How can they keep having the same statements time and time again? Can't they at least give us some comments that lead us to have a little bit of optimism? Or would that be too cruel for us fans? Just terrible, this thing is going to drag on for another "2 weeks". If it does, they are going to lose a few more fans I am afraid. We can only follow this horribly scripted soap opera for so long before many of us say enough is enough. :rant:

Hatter

Microagression King
Jul 9, 2004
Northern Idaho
gscarpenter2002 said:

actually it is a fine analogy. The PA and League should have been doing this 2 years ago.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Jobu said:
http://www.cbc.ca/story/sports/national/2005/07/11/Sports/nhltalks050711.html

Despite a marathon negotiating session on Sunday, the announcement of a new NHL collective bargaining agreement didn't appear imminent as the league and players' union planned to meet again Monday.

A source close to the labour talks told the The Associated Press that there was "still lots to do" and that discussions likely would continued into the middle of the week.

Sportsnet reports similarly: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/shownews.jsp?content=s071121A

A source close to the talks told The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity that there was "still lots to do" and that discussions would likely stretch past Monday. The sides, which already met for seven straight days, were scheduled to resume negotiations in the later morning. Talks wrapped up for the night at 1:30 a.m.

It's the same AP story, but FWIW.

Once again..what Brooks reported on Saturday.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
The deal will get done soon and the season will start on time. All this will do is make the chaos before the season even more fun to watch. :D Hell even TSN in it's version of possbily a couple more days then a week for ratification has the draft tentatively scheduled for the 30th.

Chaos, but they won't push the season back. There is no need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad