CBA loophole protection clause needed by both sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

eye

Feb 17, 2003
around the 49th para
Visit site
Before signing off on this CBA I really would like to see a loophole protection clause to protect both sides and to insure that future CBA negotiations are not delayed like the fiasco we all just experienced. Each year both sides should be allowed to visit one aspect of the CBA that needs a tuneup or adjusting and to insure that the spirit and intent of the CBA is not compromised by either side. Also, I would like to see a clause mandating that the leaders on both sides only have up until the next deadline to ratify and new agreements which means they would have to start early and overlap each agreement.

Thoughts?

Master Shake*

The league just needs to make sure there arent any loopholes for a few bad teams to use and abuse. Make sure there are no ways to hide salary to a player.

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
eye said:
Before signing off on this CBA I really would like to see a loophole protection clause to protect both sides and to insure that future CBA negotiations are not delayed like the fiasco we all just experienced. Each year both sides should be allowed to visit one aspect of the CBA that needs a tuneup or adjusting and to insure that the spirit and intent of the CBA is not compromised by either side. Also, I would like to see a clause mandating that the leaders on both sides only have up until the next deadline to ratify and new agreements which means they would have to start early and overlap each agreement.

Thoughts?

The reason why they're taking so long is because they're drafting the CBA in meticulous fashion. Everything is drafted carefully so as to avoid little exploitive holes such as the CFA trading, poor arbitration setup, etc.

London Knights

Jun 1, 2004
Master Shake said:
The league just needs to make sure there arent any loopholes for a few bad teams to use and abuse. Make sure there are no ways to hide salary to a player.

Make sure that contracts don't get out of whack, but make sure that the CBA leans slightly to the side of showing improvement in player contracts by the end of the deal. The last thing the NHL needs is the deal turning out that revenues continue to struggle in the "non traditional" markets and the cap level drops losing the PA even more money. If it happens it might be necessary for the financial stability of the league, but there is going to be some point where players just leave the NHL to play in Europe for good and contrary to what some think, the NHL won't be better if they lose the better players because of this.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
how idiot proof does the league need to make this?? it isn't enought that they will get everything they asked for and more, but now you want a clause put in that if they missed anything they can re-open the cba and change those things?? are you kidding??

so if teams expose loopholes that benefit the players you are ready to re-open things and change them. but does that mean that if after year 1 the players decide they don't like it they can re-open things too?? or is this only a one-way deal?

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
eye said:

Thoughts?

That would not be much of a CBA if we have potential cba headaches each year. They should sign the deal and move on and whatever happens, happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad