CBA 90% done

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiavsfan

According to 640 Toronto

Little news is filtering out of the labour talks, which have alternated between Toronto and New York over the past two months. The framework of a deal, which includes a salary cap, is reported to be already in place and the NHL Players' Association informed its members two weeks ago that 90 per cent of the agreement is settled.

I guess that's more news than we have heard as of late

Linky Linky

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
90% is not even close to being done. Closer than we were, but not close enough for this not to blow up

WC Handy*

I would imagine that if they were 90% done two weeks ago that it's a little more done than that now.

chiavsfan

WC Handy said:
I would imagine that if they were 90% done two weeks ago that it's a little more done than that now.

That's my thinking as well. With Roenick saying the deal is "done," with the flurry of hiring and extending contract activity...and if the rumors are to be believed, they are down to talking about parking during negotiations. That signals a close end...but again, nothing has been normal in this whole CBA ordeal.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
WC Handy said:

One would think so, but remember, 90% of zero is zero.

And, yes, I refuse to be an optomist.I hope for the best but expect the worst....

(I guess the NHL season coming back can be considered 'for the best')

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
go kim johnsson said:
90% is not even close to being done. Closer than we were, but not close enough for this not to blow up
Many Reports coming out say the frame work for a deal is in place ,, Meaning that they have decided the deal will include a Hard Cap ceiling and Floor and linkage ..

However the numbers that you put into those will depend on the results of the remaining items of the CBA.

That could get contentious and I am guessing the UFA age will go hand in hand as to what those number are eventually when everything thing else is in place.

Greschner4

Jan 21, 2005
The Messenger said:
Many Reports coming out say the frame work for a deal is in place ,, Meaning that they have decided the deal will include a Hard Cap ceiling and Floor and linkage ..

However the numbers that you put into those will depend on the results of the remaining items of the CBA.

That could get contentious and I am guessing the UFA age will go hand in hand as to what those number are eventually when everything thing else is in place.

I'm sure both sides have agreed that there are no deal-killers of any kind left and that's why they've been able to make such progress. The deal's done.

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
octopi said:
One would think so, but remember, 90% of zero is zero.

And, yes, I refuse to be an optomist.I hope for the best but expect the worst....

(I guess the NHL season coming back can be considered 'for the best')

i'm a math person, so i'm not sure what "90% of zero is zero" means in this context ;)

maybe "90% of 500 pages is 450 pages" would make more sense :)

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
for it to be only 90% after all of those hours.....it would not shock me if it takes all summer to finish.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
bcrt2000 said:
then it wouldn't be a secret at all ;)

A fly on the wall...no secret at all...

Isn't that a line from a U2 song? Is that why the
;) symbol?

darth5

No!
Mar 28, 2002
Smashville, TN
flambers said:
for it to be only 90% after all of those hours.....it would not shock me if it takes all summer to finish.
It is the last 10% of anything that often takes the longest. Still we have more reason to hope for early resolution now than at any time since the cold war began...

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
go kim johnsson said:

90% two weeks ago... Since then the've met for over 60 hours

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Yea the other day I was downloading a movie and it was at 90%.. stupid crap slowed down. :madfire:

I've learned from this lockout not to expect anything. Just take it all at face value, and then when the end finally comes, you wont be pissed that a certain date passed and no deal was announced. Watch July 1st pass and then everyone on these boards start to panic and get pissed.

skellart

Jan 24, 2005
Chattown
Scugs said:
Watch July 1st pass and then everyone on these boards start to panic and get pissed.

I'm already pissed. I know how everybody is feeling. Think about it. You're sick to death of all of this crap, the 2 continuous weeks, the talk of what might happen, even the rants and raves from all of the players that don't even know much more than we do about what's going on. The owners want cost certainty. I want hockey certainty!!! Get this crap done so I can get on here and find out what's going on next, how things are developing and when things are going to happen for sure instead of looking every couple of hours to find out nothing has changed. Oh, I know, I shouldn't check that often but you never know whats going to happen as soon as you log off. :confused: :shakehead :dunno:

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
tnrocketman said:
It is the last 10% of anything that often takes the longest. Still we have more reason to hope for early resolution now than at any time since the cold war began...

10%? Whats the last two minutes of a playoff hockey game? 6%
I swear, the time space continium gets completly warped during those last'two' minutes

WalterSobchak

Blues Trololol
Mar 11, 2004
Where men chunder
www.larddesigns.com
tnrocketman said:

yeah...like when trying to Install a program on the 'puter.

or finishing the last 10 of those 100 wings you swore you could eat.

darth5

No!
Mar 28, 2002
Smashville, TN
ZaphodBeeblebrox said:
yeah...like when trying to Install a program on the 'puter.

or finishing the last 10 of those 100 wings you swore you could eat.
I have been involved in software appilcation development since 1980. Many projects reach 90% and stay there for ages before that final '10%' gets done...

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
Like writing my master's thesis when I thought I was 'almost done'... you've always got 90% done, 90% to go.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Well it's technicaly impossible to quanify how much of the CBA is done.

I think the "90%" means "we have all the big issues done, now we are working on the fine details to finalize it and tie it up in a bow".

Problem is there seem to be many of the details (like the $ aloted to parking... which would have to be included in player benefits... which would affect the cap number... which they had already agreed upon...).

But someday when everything is quiet and we will all be *****ing about the lockout there will very suddenly be an article on tsn.ca that says : "NHL anounces press conference"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad