Cayouche's 2nd Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Round 1

1. Washington Capitals : Alexander Ovechkin
The clear cut #1 prospects, one of the best prospects in 10years with Kovalchuk and Lecavalier. Only with him, Washington can have faith to have a brighter future.

2.Pittsburgh Penguins : Evgeny Malkin
Some say ''too bad for Pitsburgh cause they deserved the pick more than Washington, but I think Malkin is a very good prospects and a good base to built on it. Penguins have Fluery in goal, Orpik Welch Whitney on D and now Malone Malkin Kotlsov Kraft on Offense they will be feared someday hopefully it'll be in Pittsburgh.

3. Chicago Blackhawks : Rotislav Olesz
I always see Olesz drop on other mock draft, sometimes to #6 others to #7, I still think he's the #3 guy and Chicago ( or another team ) will draft him at #3 spot in two weeks. He's a complete player and i don't think his concussion will affect his game.

4. Columbus Blue Jackets : Cam Barker
They need some young defense and Barker is the best available, he can do it all great first pass, good size and can but don't always do it throw big HIT.

5. Phoenix Coyotes : Andrew Ladd
They pass on Tukonen but they have the chance of taking the power foward of the draft who is very similar to Shane Doan and they won't pass on him, they have young defense and a good prospect goalie in LeNeveu, so I think they will go with a fowards.

6. New York Rangers : Lauri Tukonen
I feel bad to see Tukonen out of the TOP5 cause i really love him, he have the never say never attiude, size and good playmaking skills that make him unless somethings bad happen a sure fire NHLer.Like Michalek last year his offensive skills are underrated and he will show you how to play hockey and he will make the Rangers a good organization again.

7. Florida Panthers : Marek Schwarz
They have the best young goalie in the NHL in Luongo, true but in 3-4-5 years when he will left the panters by UFA or ask for a trade or ask for too much money who will they have in net, who will replace him ? Andy Moog ? if they don't draft or find a young goalie they will be in trouble, Schwarz is the perfect fit and they can wait 3-4-5 years with Marek and wait him to be ready to make the Big Jump.

8. Carolina Hurricanes :A.J. Thelen
The 2nd best Defense in the draft, and I don't think Thelen is far behind Barker. He's Big, Mobile can play well in all the 3 zones, the complete package. Carolina don't have a lot of prospects and needs almost anything ( except Goalie ) so the BPA is the way to draft.

9. Anaheim Mighty Ducks :Alexander Radulov
Anaheim seems to like drafting Russian in the first round, Smirnov Chistov Vishnevsky , and they won,t do it differently this year by making one of the most skilled player in the draft their 1rst round pick. Radulov always want to be the best player on the ice, some say he have attitude problem, i don't buy that.

10.Atlanta Trashers : Robbie Schremp
They need some skilled upfront but with Heatley and Kovalchuk already stars in the NHL, they can draft a High Risk/High Reward player like Schremp. If he reach his potential he can be a star in the NHL he have great hands and can do some wizard move with his stick when he have the puck but when he doesn't he's not very effective. He need to work very hard on his defense.

11.Los-Angeles Kings : Alvaro Montoya
I think it's a bit high to draft Montoya and that's why I can see L-A trading down ( 12-16 not 17th cause St-Louis is the only one team i can see being interested in a goalie) , but if they stay at 11 i think Montoya is their best choice casue they have dept everywhere execpt in goal the only have Ryan Munce who is a good but not great prospects.

12.Minnesota Wild : Alexandre Picard
I'm high on Picard, he's a good siper and doesn't shy away from physical play, he is a constant offensive threat, comes playoff time he elevate his play. Captain Material IMO. I know some say Minnesota needs to go defense, but since 2000 they draft offense and they will not change it this year.

13.Buffalo Sabres : Boris Valabik
I think it's high for Valabik, but I don't know why but I have the Feeling that Buffalo will draft him maybe they will trade down but trust me Valabik is going to Buffalo.

14.Edmonton Oilers : Drew Stafford
I don't think he have 1rst line potential and that's why i can see him going that Low, but he's a really good player who have PowerFoward abilities and he already said that he would like playing in Edmonton.( http://www.hobbyinsider.net/articles/article_70_stafford_interview.asp )

15.Nasville Predators : Wojtek Wolski
He have the reputation of being a Floater but even with that he have some amazing offensive abilitie and that what nasville lack.

16.New-York Islanders : Lauri Korpikoski
Big suprise of the draft, there is always a suprise, Bret Burns, J.Niinimaki... this year it's Lauri. Such a great hard working player with skills and never say never attitude.

17.St-Louis Blues : Lukas Kaspar
They need some Gritty players up front and that what Kaspar brings. Physical play PowerFowards skills i think he was better than Olesz in WJC.

18.Montreal Canadiens : Kyle Chipchura
Best Player available and exactly what Montreal Need Size grit and physical play at Center. May not have 1rst Line Potential but I think his offensive skills are underrated and he should be a good 2nd line center.

19.Calgary Flames : Andrej Meszaros
They wanted Kaspar but he's gone so they take the BPA in Andrej. I think even with Phaneuf they still need help at defense.

20.Dallas Stars : Mike Green
With the lost of vagner they need some D prospects and IMO Green is a good and safe pick.
21.Colorado Avalanche : David Bolland
22.New Jersey Devils : Ladislav Smid
23.Ottawa Senators : Wes O'neil
24.New-York Rangers : Jakub Sindel
25.Edmonton Oilers : Cory Schneider
26.Vancouver Canucks : Viktor Alexandrov
27.Washington Capitals : Kyrill Lyamin
28.San-Jose Sharks : Bruce Graham
29.Washington Capitals : Martin Karsums
30.Tampa-Bay Lightnings : Devan Dubnyk

Round2
31. Pittsburgh Penguins : Adam Pineault
32. Chicago Blackhawks : Enver Lisin
33. Washington Capitals : Johan Fransson
34. Dallas Stars : Roman Tesliuk
35. Phoenix Coyotes : Johannes Salmonsson
36. New York Rangers : Petteri Nokelainen
37. New York Rangers : Oscar Hedman
38. Carolina Hurricanes : Adam Berti
39. Anaheim Mighty Ducks : Sami Lepisto
40. Atlanta Thrashers : Evan McGrath
41. Chicago Blackhawks : Ryan Garlock
42. Minnesota Wild : Blake Wheeler
43. Buffalo Sabres : Roman Voloshenko
44. Edmonton Oilers : Mark Fistric
45. Chicago Blackhawks : Jeff Schultz
46. New York Islanders : Roman Voloshenko
47. St.Louis Blues : David Booth
48. NewYork Rangers : Vaclav Meidl
49. Florida Panthers : Carl Soderberg
50. Chicago Blackhawks : Kyle Wharton
51. Colorado Avalanche : Travis Zajac
52. Phoenix Coyotes : David Shantz
53. Phoenix Coyotes : Sergei Ogorodnikov
54. Pittsburgh Penguins : Bryan Bickell
55. Ottawa Senators : Andy Rogers
56. Carolina Hurricanes : David Brown
57. Washington Capitals : Aki Seitsonen
58. San Jose Sharks : Kyle Klubertanz
59. Tampa Bay Lightning : John Lammers
60. Boston Bruins : Kris Chucko

thestonedkoala

Thank you for Wheeler, but if Stafford does fall out of the top 10, the Wild might opt for him because they did lose their PF in Burns and Wanvig isn't top 6 quality, so it's a toss up between Stafford and Picard, just depends on who the Wild like...

And we went defense last year.

Good mock though, I might question the Panthers taking Schwarz...

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
thestonedkoala said:
Thank you for Wheeler, but if Stafford does fall out of the top 10, the Wild might opt for him because they did lose their PF in Burns and Wanvig isn't top 6 quality, so it's a toss up between Stafford and Picard, just depends on who the Wild like...

And we went defense last year.

Good mock though, I might question the Panthers taking Schwarz...
you went defense last year true but not in the 1rst round when you drafted Burns he was a Fowards

thestonedkoala

Yes he was but we converted him to defense and it has paid off...

I wonder where Burns would've went if he went into the draft as a defenseman?

But yeah Picard, Stafford, or Korpikoski!

May 1, 2003
Visit site
Yup good mock draft, but i dont think the Panthers will draft Schwarz, i doubt the Panthers will let go of Luongo.

Kvashinator12

Feb 27, 2002
United States
Visit site
King Henry I said:
I like this mock, even though I don't like the pick of Korpikoski for the Isles.

As for Luongo, I think that Florida will try to resign Luongo. Whether they have the bucks to do so without sinking the franchise remains to be seen.

how can you not like the Korpikiski pick...his ceiling is higher then most in the draft.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
Anaheim has had a GM change (actually two if you count the latest shuffling) since they constantly looked to Europe for players. And the fact that Smirnov, Chistov and Vishnevski have all not played as well as hoped for Anaheim, may turn the Ducks away from a Russian first rounder.
I would see them taking a look at Stafford and Picard.
I like Lepisto as their 2nd round choice.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
At the risk of criticism, there's no way the Rangers take all Europeans with their first five picks. Figure Sather and crew will have a couple of WHL kids and a college player or two sprinkled in.

Ismellofhockey

Mar 31, 2002
Visit site
No Brent?

I like Schwarz to Florida, it's a gutsy pick on your part: no one needs goaltending in the top 10 but Schwarz is too good to drop out so if someone takes him, why not Florida? Not saying that's how I see it happening but still there's logic in that.

O'Neill to Ottawa seems to be a popular vote right now, it makes perfect sense for the organisation and should happen unless Graham is high on our scouts' list or Meszaros or Smid fall.

gongshow

Jun 9, 2004
etown
Finally someone puts fistric coming to edmonton which will be expected if he is still there in the 2nd round when the oilers come up to pick

Safir*

Great mock from the prospective of my teams!

Schremp and McGrath for the Thrashers.

I absolutely love that O'Neill goes to the Senators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad