Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Primeau outplayed Oettinger baically everytime he played him in the NCAA, Wolf is a 6 ft goaltender, I highly doubt he ends up being better than Primeau... Primeau and Luukkonen should be ranked 3rd and fourth respectively, IMO.

i've only read a few things from this Wheeler guy but so far i'm not impressed.

Sorokin has unreal numbers with CSKA who have been a powerhouse in the KHL but he's also now in his age 25 season. The Russians have been hot with the goalies lately though and are set for the olympics for years between Shestrekin, Askarov, etc..

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He's got 33 games so far but of course the problem this year is how many games does the AHL play. That said as long as he plays under 78 NHL games going forward, he doesn't need to clear waivers till '23-'24. So it's great that this organization finally seems to be learning to stop rushing these kids to the NHL before they are ready.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The last time we drafted and developed a a solid 7th rounder was Michael Ryder.

Primeau could become a legitimate NHL goalie.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Primeau outplayed Oettinger baically everytime he played him in the NCAA, Wolf is a 6 ft goaltender, I highly doubt he ends up being better than Primeau... Primeau and Luukkonen should be ranked 3rd and fourth respectively, IMO.

Who do they knock out of the top 3?

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
The only 3 prospects I see better than Primeau right now would be Sorokin, Askarov, and Knight.
Things change more with goalies than any other position but he’s top 4 at this moment in my opinion and hopefully stays on track in that regard

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
i've only read a few things from this Wheeler guy but so far i'm not impressed.

Sorokin has unreal numbers with CSKA who have been a powerhouse in the KHL but he's also now in his age 25 season. The Russians have been hot with the goalies lately though and are set for the olympics for years between Shestrekin, Askarov, etc..

Both Wheeler and Pronman are frauds who are far too influenced by stats and lack any significant ability to actually scout players by watching them.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
The only 3 prospects I see better than Primeau right now would be Sorokin, Askarov, and Knight.
Things change more with goalies than any other position but he’s top 4 at this moment in my opinion and hopefully stays on track in that regard

I am sure Dallas fans will have Oettinger rated higher, Nashville fans will have Ingram rated higher and Calgary fans will have Wolf rated higher, Buffalo fans will have Luukkonen rated higher etc....

I have these guys as well as Primeau as virtually interchangeable and all part of the same tier behind the top tier of Askarov and Spencer. Tiers are far more reasonable than individual slots as there is just too much subjectivity and too many variables for anyone to make a definitive and remotely accurate list. Ultimately these lists just result in tribal **** slinging contests.

Reactions: kevsavard95

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Dostal is also top tier. Hes insane.

I wouldn't put him with Askarov and Knight but he is certainly in the next tier with Primeau and friends. He is a tad undersized for my preference as is Wolf but he is not necessarily small either.

Despite my opinion on which tier he fits into he could also quite easily become the best of this entire group as could anyone in the top two tiers, such is the unpredictable nature of the position. I have only seen him play twice as well so I am hardly an expert here but he doesn't seem to be a consensus equal with Askarov and Knight right now.......for the bag of beans that is worth lol

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I wouldn't put him with Askarov and Knight but he is certainly in the next tier with Primeau and friends. He is a tad undersized for my preference as is Wolf but he is not necessarily small either.

Despite my opinion on which tier he fits into he could also quite easily become the best of this entire group as could anyone in the top two tiers, such is the unpredictable nature of the position. I have only seen him play twice as well so I am hardly an expert here but he doesn't seem to be a consensus equal with Askarov and Knight right now.......for the bag of beans that is worth lol

He's been insane with Ilves

upload_2020-11-26_20-42-51.png

I really like his game.. he's got a lot of talent, he's not Askarov level but he's definitely in the conversation of best goalie prospects in the world.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
He's been insane with Ilves

View attachment 377425

I really like his game.. he's got a lot of talent, he's not Askarov level but he's definitely in the conversation of best goalie prospects in the world.

Yeah, I'm aware of the stats just have him in the tier below Askarov and Knight as they just have more natural athleticism and are bigger. Definitely appears to be a top prospect though

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Primeau and Knight had almost identical seasons at age 18, in the same conference though BC has the benefit of higher NHL draft picks and the most winningest coach in NCAA history.

Primeau - 2005 mins 64 ga 4 SO 1.92 .931
Knight - 1979 mins 65 ga 5 SO 1.97 .931

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Primeau and Knight had almost identical seasons at age 18, in the same conference though BC has the benefit of higher NHL draft picks and the most winningest coach in NCAA history.

Primeau - 2005 mins 64 ga 4 SO 1.92 .931
Knight - 1979 mins 65 ga 5 SO 1.97 .931

Maybe but Knight has more tools than Primeau. He is a way better puck handler and I think his technique is better. Furthermore he has a better resume on the international level.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Maybe but Knight has more tools than Primeau. He is a way better puck handler and has a better resume on the international level. I think his technique is better too

that's the point, it shows what an amazing pick Primeau was as he had an identical season to that of a 13th OA pick that's seen as one of the best goalie prospects in the world. Nothing wrong with Knight being better, he's supposed to be, but yet Primeau was right there with him as both had among the best all time 18 year old seasons in NCAA history, when you look at goalies that didn't play in the weak conferences.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
that's the point, it shows what an amazing pick Primeau was as he had an identical season to that of a 13th OA pick that's seen as one of the best goalie prospects in the world. Nothing wrong with Knight being better, he's supposed to be, but yet Primeau was right there with him as both had among the best all time 18 year old seasons in NCAA history, when you look at goalies that didn't play in the weak conferences.

for a 7th round pick yes for sure great value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->