Prospect Info: Cayden Primeau

Status
Not open for further replies.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
The irony of it all is that Cayden's father Keith Primeau had to retire due to a concussion suffered from a hit by former Habs player Alexander Perezhogin.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
The irony of it all is that Cayden's father Keith Primeau had to retire due to a concussion suffered from a hit by former Habs player Alexander Perezhogin.

After already having concussion problems though, people around here make it sound like Perezhogin straight up was the sole reason he had to retire. And the Perezhogin hit was sort of an accident to, he was bracing himself to he hit more than trying to lay a big hit.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Black Book Scouting Reports:

Primeau is not a mammoth size goalie although still fits that prototypical size over 6’2” tall who plays a very
solid game between the pipes with positioning, challenging shooters, limits rebounds, displaying his
quickness in leg movements, glove as well as showing good hockey reads. He does a good job using his
awareness for his success. Statistically his numbers in his rookie USHL season at Lincoln are decent,
although could be better after splitting time as the starter. Primeau can sometimes wander in his net that
can get him in trouble yet overall he plays a very composed game and has the tools and mental make-up
to be an NHL caliber goalie. He is scheduled to jump into the NCAA ranks next season with Northeastern
(Hockey East) for the 2017-18 season.
Quotable:: “I’ve been impressed with Cayden’s athletic demeanor, poise between the pipes,
and his hockey IQ. He reads the play well. He always seemed to be top goalie at the USA
184 — 2017 BLACK BOOK TEAM EDITION
Hockey select camps each summer. He comes from a family of hockey talent. Give it
some time, Primeau has the makings for a solid pro career” HP scout, Russ Bitely
Quotable: “I was a bit disappointed in his play at the World Junior A Challenge in
Bonnyville. and I had one scout tell me he thought it was his best hockey of the year. I
didn’t think he tracked the puck very well and left some bad rebounds. The tools are there
for sure so I don’t think he will slide too much in the draft. - HP Scout, Mark Edwards
Quotable: “He had a bad second half that might hurt him. I honestly have no clue when
he’ll get drafted now.I like him though. - NHL Scout (May 2017)

FG #30 G Primeau, Cayden (2017) – It honestly tough to get true read on goalies in Select Camps although
Primeau has the makings for pro goalie in size, as well as playing big in challenging shooters, using
athleticism, and strong techniques/positioning. With his large frame he still has good reflexes and reads
down low to make saves.

USA #30 G Primeau, Cayden (2017) - Two weak goals in the first period on point blank shots. Second goal
trickled in through his arm. Let in a floater in the third over his shoulder. All goals were stoppable pucks. His
team needed those saves in a close game.

LIN #29 G Primeau, Cayden (2017) – Big goaltender who plays big in the net. Was very good at limiting
second chance opportunities and controlled most of his rebounds. Played very deep in the net tonight,
would have liked to see him challenge shooters a bit more. Made 27 of 28 saves on the night and made
some really good saves in the 2nd period when the game was still close to preserve his teams lead. Liked
his lateral movement and ability to battle through screens to locate shots from the points.

USA #1 G Primeau, Cayden (2017)- Primeau only let in one goal, which was a one-timer from the slot that
was perfectly placed, post and in. He made a few very good glove saves and showed the ability to track the
puck laterally. Although he made most of the tough saves in the game, his movement in his net was
inefficient. He often is overaggressive in his angling and had a lot of unnecessary movements in his net. His
rebound control was average, giving up some big ones that required big second saves.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
Strange he dropped so much. McKenzie's list is a consensus list made with many scouts around the league.

Even weirder, he was the 7th highest ranked goalie on Mckenzie's list, he ended up being the last and 20th goalie drafted

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Is he going to Northeastern next year, cause they have Ryan Ruck who will be a Junior and Jacob Theut who will be a Sophomore but he only appeared in 3 games as a Freshman. Northeastern is in a great conference, the same one as Hawkey, but hopefully he ends up better then our last pick from Northeastern.

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
Is he going to Northeastern next year, cause they have Ryan Ruck who will be a Junior and Jacob Theut who will be a Sophomore but he only appeared in 3 games as a Freshman. Northeastern is in a great conference, the same one as Hawkey, but hopefully he ends up better then our last pick from Northeastern.

Apparently he is.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
And I love them young. You can't really go younger than him...99 August born. Awesome in that regard. Especially for a goalie. Can't wait to see his progression.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
This is how it's done with goalies. Draft them later. progression is too hard to predict much better than wasting a high pic a la Fucale!

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
This is how it's done with goalies. Draft them later. progression is too hard to predict much better than wasting a high pic a la Fucale!

Agreed! McNiven, undrafted FA, CHL goalie of the year. Fucale, early 2nd, average ECHL goalie.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

I agree. Warming up to the pick. Not a bad pick.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010

"HI, my name is Carey Price, I might be the best hockey player in the world. I also went 5th overall"

greyboy67

Feb 11, 2004
Whose career was ended by a Canadien.

My first thought upon hearing the name.

I remember the hit by Perezhogin. Keith Primeau's last game in the NHL, if I'm not mistaken.

To be fair, Primeau had a history of concussions. The Perezhogin hit was the coup de grace.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

I'm wondering about that too. At the very least he'll have to split starts with Ryan Ruck, who has been very good for the Huskies for 2 years now and won't lose his spot unless he gets injured. In Mississauga he'd be fighting with Jacob Ingham though so he wouldn't necessarily get more starts there. For what it's worth, it sounds like he'll get a legit chance to be a starter with NE : http://www.gonu.com/news/2017/6/24/...selects-cayden-primeau-in-2017-nhl-draft.aspx

''What Cayden brings us is the opportunity to create some depth at our goaltending position with Ryan Ruck and Jake Theut. He will challenge for that number one position, and it will be a real good competition with Ruck and Theut. So, I'm excited with Cayden's arrival to Northeastern and, for me, this is probably the most depth we've had at the goaltending position."

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm wondering about that too. At the very least he'll have to split starts with Ryan Ruck, who has been very good for the Huskies for 2 years now and won't lose his spot unless he gets injured. In Mississauga he'd be fighting with Jacob Ingham though so he wouldn't necessarily get more starts there. For what it's worth, it sounds like he'll get a legit chance to be a starter with NE : http://www.gonu.com/news/2017/6/24/...selects-cayden-primeau-in-2017-nhl-draft.aspx

''What Cayden brings us is the opportunity to create some depth at our goaltending position with Ryan Ruck and Jake Theut. He will challenge for that number one position, and it will be a real good competition with Ruck and Theut. So, I'm excited with Cayden's arrival to Northeastern and, for me, this is probably the most depth we've had at the goaltending position."

thanks for the link

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
Can anyone confirm how tall he is? I see various sites which have him ranging anywhere from 6'1 to 6'4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad