Recalled/Assigned: Cayden Primeau, Matthew Peca recalled

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
I don't get this either. I would not say that he's been great. Adequate for a 2nd goalie, although he has terrible stats. 6 games is hardly a sufficient sample to draw conclusions, but it's not trending well. The whole team is a hot mess. Not sure how this is supposed to pull the team towards better days.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Bunch of idiots

You guys wonder why so many fans have turned against the team and its management in the last few years? Look no further than this. Always the easy solution. It's been a f***ing joke for almost 8 years and we're still at a point where Bergevin is chasing fringe players in Russia and waiving Kinkaid to shake the team up.

A Joke.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I think they are scared of calling up Primeau and that he potentially overshadows Price. (I hope I'm wrong on this one).
Seriously, kid is not ready. He has been great to start the season, but has had a couple of more difficult starts lately. Let him grow up in the pro leagues.

McNiven is ready for the AHL for sure. Look at his ECHL numbers. Astounding. And Lindgren has been pretty decent in the AHL lately.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
This was not surprising. Dude sucked and should have never been the 'answer' to our back-up position.

Engels and other brown-nosers heralding this and the Chiarot signing have to eat their words so often.

I agree on kinkaid.

Chiarot has turned it around recently it seems to me. You don't think he's doing his part? At worst I see him as an upgrade on Benn for the bottom pair.

Last edited:

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Lol why? He's been great considering the terrible team in front of him.
I wouldn’t say great, but definitely still a head scratcher.

Bergy probably has a hot date tonight and wants to show off all that cap space he has stuffed in his mattress. He needs more because it’s never enough.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I agree on kinkaid.

Chiarot has turned it around recently it seems to me. You don't think he's been good. At worst I see him as an upgrade on Benn for the bottom pair.

He belongs on the bottom pair and makes more than I would pay someone in that role. He hasn't been Alzner bad, which is better than expected but still.. he was never a top 4 D answer, which Engels and LeBrun tried to peddle.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
lol....i remember before training camp when we were vilifying Bozovin over his terrible summer, how the MB defenders were so quick to say...."how can you say he had a bad summer, he filled our 2 biggest needs, a backup goalie and a dman to replace Benn.."

Fast forward 4 months and one is on the way out and the other is useless...

Yes... his summer moves are truly paying off.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Seriously, kid is not ready. He has been great to start the season, but has had a couple of more difficult starts lately. Let him grow up in the pro leagues.

McNiven is ready for the AHL for sure. Look at his ECHL numbers. Astounding. And Lindgren has been pretty decent in the AHL lately.

I'm not saying he's ready or wishing for him to be called up but he seems like the type of goalie that could thrive in a call-up (at least in the short term) and I think that possibility scares Bergevin. His 10.5M goalie already has a GAA over 3/sub .900 sv% this season , would hate to have his confidence go down even more if the rookie looks solid in front of the same team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad