• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Zegras

Caufield
Turcotte

I took Caufield 1st in my pool because I didn't think he would last until my 2nd pick. Took Zegras 2nd who I considered top 3 in the draft (long before the WJC) because I thought he would still be on he board. Turcotte I would rate 3rd but only because I am afraid he may be injury prone.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Struggled at what?

What’s funniest is that they never even played that well together. At the NTDP, Caufield played best with Hughes and/or Zegras. There seems to be this idea that because they’ve played on the same team for three consecutive seasons that they must play well together. Caufield is better with a pure playmaker like Zegras or Hughes that is going to always look to set players up. Turcotte’s not that kind of player. He’s a good playmaker, but not stylistically the type of playmaker that Caufield plays best with.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
What’s funniest is that they never even played that well together. At the NTDP, Caufield played best with Hughes and/or Zegras. There seems to be this idea that because they’ve played on the same team for three consecutive seasons that they must play well together. Caufield is better with a pure playmaker like Zegras or Hughes that is going to always look to set players up. Turcotte’s not that kind of player. He’s a good playmaker, but not stylistically the type of playmaker that Caufield plays best with.
Id say its pretty telling that Turcotte doesnt have a very high end offensive IQ if he cant play with Caufield. Its on one of them, if they are both that elite of a prospect then they should be able to play at an elite level with a top 5/15 pick at the collegiate level.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Id say its pretty telling that Turcotte doesnt have a very high end offensive IQ if he cant play with Caufield. Its on one of them, if they are both that elite of a prospect then they should be able to play at an elite level with a top 5/15 pick at the collegiate level.

Very limited take. They led their mediocre-to-bad team in PPG for one (and that's even with a bad post-injury stretch), so 'can't play with Caufield' is bunk, never mind the NDTP history. Secondly, lack of chemistry between two players wouldn't necessarily equal lack of high end offensive IQ. Thirdly, PB was talking about Caufield seems to mesh better with 'pure' playmakers like Hughes/Zegras and Turcotte is stylistically different. You blew right past all of that for a post that didn't 'answer' any of it. It's no secret you're not high on Turcotte and that's fine, but you could at least try to respond in good faith.

Anyway the point was more addressed to the "Turcotte has struggled without Cole" thing, I guess I need to be blunt about it--Turcotte hasn't played hockey yet this season, unless you want to count a DEL exhibition in which he definitely didn't 'struggle.'

Reactions: ru4reals

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Still Zegras for me, by a pretty decent margin. Liked him a decent amount more at the draft, and haven't really seen anything in particular since then, to really swing the needle for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad