Caufield vs Zegras vs Turcotte

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I voted for Zegras, but I really like Turcotte as well, and preferred him pre draft. He just really needs a full/healthy season.

Nothing has really changed, in my opinion, with how I'd rank these three. I'm a big fan of Turcotte and Zegras. Caufield is also good, but I've never had him in the top tier of the 2019 draft. I'd argue he had the best season of the three, but it was a shortened season, and I'm not sure one season changes as much as some think.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
1a. Zegras

1b. Turcotte

____

3. Caufield

I'm admittedly a bit of a Zegras stan, and my position here is pretty consistent with my position on draft day. Thought Zegras impressed a bit more from what I saw during his D+1, and he was a standout at the WJC.

Still think it's neck and neck between these two. I also think Turcotte is more of a lock to play center than Zegras, so that could tip the scales the other way in a year or two. Big fan of both prospects, loved that '18/19 USNTDP team.

Still like Caufield's projection as a high-energy top-six scoring winger. Good value pick for Montreal at #15 imo. That said, I doubt many non-Montreal fans prefer him to Zegras or Turcotte. Caufield or Boldy is, and really always has been, the more interesting conversation.

Last edited:

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
I do think that the initial results in this poll (between Turcotte and Zegras) indicate that a lot of folks here either

a) don't get a chance to watch enough of these players during their draft year to form an opinion that they're willing to stick with, or

b) people swing too hard after D+1 years.

This poll is leaning hard for Zegras, and on draft day Turcotte was like the 80-20 favorite. I remember, because I really really wanted Zegras to the Wings.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
You’re not going to like the results

As a Habs fan, I like the results. It's hard not to like Zegras, he's a fun player. He has his flaws sure but he also has oh so much upside. If he was offered in a 1 for 1 trade for Caufield, I wouldnt say no by any means (for arguments sake, it wouldn't happen I know).

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I do think that the initial results in this poll (between Turcotte and Zegras) indicate that a lot of folks here either

a) don't get a chance to watch enough of these players during their draft year to form an opinion that they're willing to stick with, or

This poll is leaning hard for Zegras, and on draft day Turcotte was like the 80-20 favorite. I remember, because I really really wanted Zegras to the Wings.

Honestly I had Turcotte and Zegras pretty close on draft day, I'm willing to eat crow on Zegras and admit that I focused too much on his flaws and not enough on his talent. Imo he's progressed far more post draft than Turcotte.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

More the WJC than the past season. Zegras got a crazy bump from casuals after that tournament. People are going to regard what they watch, and for many that’s the only time all year they watch these kids.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Not too surprised by these results. Caufield is the least likely to have a career in the National league, but if he does he will be the best of the three.

Last edited:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Zegras pretty easily for me. I think Caulfield is the 2nd best of this bunch though.

Turcotte just doesn't do it for me. I think he's got it in him to be a pesky 2nd/3rd liner in the NHL but Zegras looks like a top line player, and Caulfield is top 6 or bust.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I'm grateful for this thread because I've had to think a lot in several polls recently

This thread is a breath of fresh air as I was able to vote with just my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad