Caufield vs Robertson

Caufield v Robertson

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
I love banter between two teams but that one TML fan sounds like a super villain and it’s super cringe lmao squeak squeak

Last edited:

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
Caufield's career trajectory has already projected him higher than Robertson. The OHL is weaker than the NCAA for competition level; particularly for undersized forwards. Men are better than boys. They wouldn't be comparable if Robertson wasn't a Leafs prospect. Caufield has mainstream press backing him as a top 5 prospect in hockey; Robertson does not.

It's like when Leafs fans shoehorned Schenn into the Subban and Karlsson debates. Two of them won a Norris, one was never a top 4 dman. Guess who?
I find it ironic that you're using this as a comparison when the leaf player was a 1st and pick and the other mtl drafted player was in the second round. It's almost as though you're saying a small sample size and projections dont matter. And that over time one proved to be better. So strange....

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
25th overall is a high pick now?

Well at least he's doing better than other players picked in the 20's like Biggs, Percy, and Gauthier
Ahh touché. That's definitely true...thank god those messes of gms who picked those guys aren't gms in the league anymore?

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I find it ironic that you're using this as a comparison when the leaf player was a 1st and pick and the other mtl drafted player was in the second round. It's almost as though you're saying a small sample size and projections dont matter. And that over time one proved to be better. So strange....
The irony is lost on you. Subban was better immediately. There was never a point where Schenn was a better player than Subban. Caufield has been better than Robertson consistently; completely ignoring the draft status of either of them. You could say they were both drafted in the 7th or undrafted and nobody in a blind pick would take Robertson.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Thats an absolute joke of an opinion DD. Who on the right wing does he replace? Marner? Nylander? Soupman? Simmonds? Spezza?

How would it sound for a traditionally "soft" team with lots of scoring to remove one of our big guys and replace them with a 5'6 goal scoring winger?

Its about more than that, they dont play the same game and Robertson wouldnt be needed as a primary goal scorer on Toronto as badly as Caufield was on Montreal. We still need physicality and two way play to accent our top lines and the top team in the division cant count on a rookie to do that in the playoffs yet. He will get his chance but we arent going to rush him into a role he isnt ready for and have him end up stunted like Kotkaniemi.

Edit: Also we dont even know if its comfirmed Gally will make the leafs final roster for the playoffs, we are still missing Hyman and Foligno with Nash practicing as well.
That wasn't what the post said that I replied to. The post said the Leafs were just too deep. Players like Noesen, Engvall and Galchenyuk are just too good.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Robertson isn't playing because another game burns an ELC year. Not because Noesen is a better player. With Hyman, Foligno and Nash expected on the playoff roster he wasn't going to have a spot. Engvall and Galchenyuk are likely going to be left off as well.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Ahh touché. That's definitely true...thank god those messes of gms who picked those guys aren't gms in the league anymore?

Well none of your current GMs picks have made the NHL in a full-time role yet, so it remains to be seen how good his drafting is

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
That wasn't what the post said that I replied to. The post said the Leafs were just too deep. Players like Noesen, Engvall and Galchenyuk are just too good.
I said they were deep, not too deep. Those players all play vastly different roles from a 19 year old scoring rookie, if you dont understand that then youre either being purposefully ignorant or you need to become more educated in how the sport of hockey works.

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
The irony is lost on you. Subban was better immediately. There was never a point where Schenn was a better player than Subban. Caufield has been better than Robertson consistently; completely ignoring the draft status of either of them. You could say they were both drafted in the 7th or undrafted and nobody in a blind pick would take Robertson.
Lol subban was drafted in 2007 spent a year in the ohl and another in the ahl and entered the nhl in 09. Schenn was drafted in 08 and played in the nhl in 08. How could subban been better immediately? So again in the scenario you pointed out it's entirely possible robertson becomes subban since hes getting some reps in the ahl and caufiled becomes schenn since hes been annointed your savior and rushed into the nhl

See the irony now. Should get you facts right.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I said they were deep, not too deep. Those players all play vastly different roles from a 19 year old scoring rookie, if you dont understand that then youre either being purposefully ignorant or you need to become more educated in how the sport of hockey works.
Lol, such an arrogant post.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
As I've said all along, I have a hard time saying this isn't Caufield, but can everyone show Robertson some respect? He's really good. Caufield isn't Ovechkin. This is close.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
As I've said all along, I have a hard time saying this isn't Caufield, but can everyone show Robertson some respect? He's really good. Caufield isn't Ovechkin. This is close.
Robertson is good and I had him one spot ahead of Caufield in the draft, but Caufield has put some serious separation between them. Nick had it going last year but this year is very, meh? While Cole kept it up, and even went above this season.

Its Caufield hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad