Caufield v Robertson

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
this has become the DUMBEST thread on HF....
Why?

Career 5v5 (includes playoffs)
Caufield
0.76 p/60
50.15 xGF%

Robertson
1.27 p/60
51.0% xGF%

Man there's an awful lot of chest pounding going on for a guy who has 1 regulation point in 7 games and is -2. Reading through this thread you'd think he's scoring at a point per game clip.

Robertson has been deployed as a bottom 6 player because of Toronto's depth (and because he can). Let's not pretend that 6 games of him playing 9 minutes a night is at all indicative of the player he is or will become.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Yeah, I'm pretty sure their careers are not over quite yet. Slab fans LOVE to squeak loudly, after every tiny achievement by one of their little players. Let's wait a few ticks more, and we'll see who the REAL gem is. Robertson has a MUCH harder road, trying to crack one of the most talented rosters in the league, as opposed to Caulfield, who only has to pass some 3rd liners to make it onto his team.

MORE importantly.........I'm looking forward to Galchenyuk scoring the series winning goal in game 4 against the Slabbers this year, to knock them out.

:)
Caufield pretty easily and i might add Caufield has more goals than Your pine rider has total points.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Following an injury on his first shift and spending the year with the marlies, you mean. Then the leafs went out and got playoff depth, veteran guys to fill some of the possible places he would have been in all season long if not for his earlier injury.

The leafs are a deep team, Caufield would also be in the minors right now with us.
Caufield would easily make your team while Robertson would be in the same spot on the Habs .In the minors or used as a throw in in some trade.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings but i'm sorry if facts hurts your feelings.
I've quite literally already said you aren't insulting anyone, but you're the one that brought up the Leafs historical success in the playoffs in a thread about two prospects as a way to dig at Leafs fans.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I've quite literally already said you aren't insulting anyone, but you're the one that brought up the Leafs historical success in the playoffs in a thread about two prospects as a way to dig at Leafs fans.
You mean like the way Leaf fans keep bringing up the smurf dig about Caufield when in fact Robertson is only 2 inchers taller while being 1 lb lighter.

You keep your pine riding giant while we'll keep our goal scoring smurf

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
You mean like the way Leaf fans keep bringing up the smirf dig about Caufield when in fact Robertson is only 2 inchers taller while being 1 lb lighter.
Ya you got a real giant on your hands. Hope the pine is strong enough to hold that giant of a man.
You're bad at this, but you're doing the same thing that I just said about the playoff comments.

Moving on.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
You're bad at this, but you're doing the same thing that I just said about the playoff comments.

Moving on.
Seems your fine with defending the Leaf putting in digs about other teams/players but it becomes a huge NO NO when done about your team/players.
Ya move on.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
They’re both under 10 games into their careers.. People still debate Ovechkin and Crosby.. It’s premature to act like it’s clear cut already

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Following an injury on his first shift and spending the year with the marlies, you mean. Then the leafs went out and got playoff depth, veteran guys to fill some of the possible places he would have been in all season long if not for his earlier injury.

The leafs are a deep team, Caufield would also be in the minors right now with us.
If Robertson isn’t ready to take over a spot from a boarder line NHLer like Galchenyuk maybe you are getting a little ahead of yourself.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Why?

Career 5v5 (includes playoffs)
Caufield
0.76 p/60
50.15 xGF%

Robertson
1.27 p/60
51.0% xGF%

Man there's an awful lot of chest pounding going on for a guy who has 1 regulation point in 7 games and is -2. Reading through this thread you'd think he's scoring at a point per game clip.

Robertson has been deployed as a bottom 6 player because of Toronto's depth (and because he can). Let's not pretend that 6 games of him playing 9 minutes a night is at all indicative of the player he is or will become.
why? because to judge and attempt to compare two kids with 7 NHL games under their belt is completely ridiculous. This is basically just two large fanbases trying to convince the other that their undersized scoring prospect is better than the other by now throwing insignificant small sample size stats like you just did here.

How bout we wait a full season or two?! This board sometimes.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
why? because to judge and attempt to compare two kids with 7 NHL games under their belt is completely ridiculous. This is basically just two large fanbases trying to convince the other that their undersized scoring prospect is better than the other by now throwing insignificant small sample size stats like you just did here.

How bout we wait a full season or two?! This board sometimes.
Couldn't agree more. Sorry I thought you were insinuating that this poll / thread was dumb because Caufield is clearly the better player after 7 games. My bad.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Now you're counting ahl goals? What took Caufield so long to score 3? Your last stud 1st round pick Poehling did it in one game.

Why wouldn't we count ahl goals? Robertson has played far more ahl games than nhl games, and he struggled to score goals in both leagues.

3 goals in the first 7 NHL games is the best goalscoring start among the 2019 draftees.

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
What took Robertson so long to score 3 AHL goals? Caufield did it in 2 games
Who knows. Injuries, bouncing back and forth with the taxi squad. You guys are so defensive. I should hope your 1st round pick performs better than a late second. But since none of your picks in almost a decade have panned out ( or traded the one who did) I guess I understand your inferiority complex and need to shit on Robertson.

Reactions: Saint Blue

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Who knows. Injuries, bouncing back and forth with the taxi squad. You guys are so defensive. I should hope your 1st round pick performs better than a late second. But since none of your picks in almost a decade have panned out ( or traded the one who did) I guess I understand your inferiority complex and need to shit on Robertson.

Lol yea we're all impressed by Toronto's ability to be terrible for a decade and finally hit on those high picks they kept getting. 17 years (or more?) between playoff wins, truly a model franchise

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It's such an incredibly small sample size for both guys for anyone to be convinced which one will be better down the line, but if we are *just* comparing the two based on that tiny sample size then I'd say Caufield's shown more than Robertson. IMO, Caufield's been more consistently dangerous when I see him out there.

But again, it's an incredibly small sample size where drawing definitive conclusions on either player would be foolish.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Caufield would easily make your team while Robertson would be in the same spot on the Habs .In the minors or used as a throw in in some trade.
Thats an absolute joke of an opinion DD. Who on the right wing does he replace? Marner? Nylander? Soupman? Simmonds? Spezza?

How would it sound for a traditionally "soft" team with lots of scoring to remove one of our big guys and replace them with a 5'6 goal scoring winger?
If Robertson isn’t ready to take over a spot from a boarder line NHLer like Galchenyuk maybe you are getting a little ahead of yourself.
Its about more than that, they dont play the same game and Robertson wouldnt be needed as a primary goal scorer on Toronto as badly as Caufield was on Montreal. We still need physicality and two way play to accent our top lines and the top team in the division cant count on a rookie to do that in the playoffs yet. He will get his chance but we arent going to rush him into a role he isnt ready for and have him end up stunted like Kotkaniemi.

Edit: Also we dont even know if its comfirmed Gally will make the leafs final roster for the playoffs, we are still missing Hyman and Foligno with Nash practicing as well.

Reactions: Atomos2

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Caufield's career trajectory has already projected him higher than Robertson. The OHL is weaker than the NCAA for competition level; particularly for undersized forwards. Men are better than boys. They wouldn't be comparable if Robertson wasn't a Leafs prospect. Caufield has mainstream press backing him as a top 5 prospect in hockey; Robertson does not.

It's like when Leafs fans shoehorned Schenn into the Subban and Karlsson debates. Two of them won a Norris, one was never a top 4 dman. Guess who?

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad