Movies: CATS

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Funny thing: if the producers had just put little ears on the actors' heads and painted whiskers on their cheeks, Cats might still be considered daft but it certainly wouldn't have generated all the humiliation that it has. Now the damn thing has turned itself into this generation's Rocky Horror Picture Show, a wound that is completely self-inflicted.

Cats is not really so much a bad movie as it is an absolutely horrendous idea.

Last edited:

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
The widely panned movie musical “Cats” and four of its stars were nominated on Saturday for Razzie awards, an annual ritual that lampoons the worst of cinema.

James Corden, Judi Dench, Rebel Wilson and Francesca Hayward received Razzie acting nominations for their “Cats” roles, in which they were costumed in digitally created fur.

Oscar winner Dench was singled out for “looking suspiciously similar to The Cowardly Lion from Wizard of Oz,” organizers said in a statement announcing this year’s nominees.

INTO THE LITTER BOX: ‘Cats’ and its furry stars nominated for Razzie awards

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I mean, after all this I kinda do want to see it at least once...but not in any medium where I have to pay anything. I'll wait until it's on Netflix or Prime or something.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Cats took home six Razzie Awards including Worst Picture of the Year.

In addition to winning the top prize, Cats also won five other awards and had a total of nine nominations. James Corden won Worst Supporting Actor for his role in Cats and Rebel Wilson won Worst Supporting Actress.

Cats won Worst Screen Combo for Any Two Half-Feline/Half-Human Hairballs and the film’s director Tom Hooper won for Worst Director and he shared Worst Screenplay with Lee Hall.

‘Cats’ nearly sweeps 2020 Razzies, takes home ‘worst picture’ of the year

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
We don't even know if the Snyder Cut exists, but it DOES sound like a "Butthole Cut" of Cats is a very real thing and sitting somewhere ready to view.

The Tweet below has gone viral after claims that a VFX artist was hired to work on the critically panned film with his sole job being to digitally remove the photo-realistic cat buttholes.

#ReleaseTheButtholeCut Just Became A Thing Thanks To This Weird New CATS Rumor

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
We don't even know if the Snyder Cut exists, but it DOES sound like a "Butthole Cut" of Cats is a very real thing and sitting somewhere ready to view.

The Tweet below has gone viral after claims that a VFX artist was hired to work on the critically panned film with his sole job being to digitally remove the photo-realistic cat buttholes.

#ReleaseTheButtholeCut Just Became A Thing Thanks To This Weird New CATS Rumor

Background information: Seth Rogen got high and watched CATS.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
It was bad but not the worst I saw. A very cleaned up and flat version of the original. I would have preferred suits over CGI. I still liked Victoria.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
That was hilarious!

Thanks for sharing! :laugh:
You're welcome, and FYI for you and everyone else: the linked thread pretty much sums it up.

Cats is now out on home video if anyone wants to behold the psychosis for themselves...like I did yesterday. You can read my review of it the Last Movie You Watched thread; I won't go over it again in here except to say: it's really hard to understand how anyone working on the CGI could have ever looked at it and thought that, yeah, this is something that'll work! It represents a major breakdown in moviemaking that that vision could persist to release. Insane. Totally insane.

Reactions: Guardian17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad