Winnipeg
Cats – Official Trailer (Universal Pictures) HD

Cats-Movie-Trailer.jpg

cats-trailer-taylor-swift-1563484773-640x320.png

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I remember I loved that musical when I was a kid; one of the very few instances of live musical theatre my parents tried to get me into that actually stuck.

Those pics just look...creepy.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I think i may have seen a tv version of it in the 80's maybe but other than that, I have recollection of it. The song "Memories" of course I've heard and we sung it in music classes in school I think (well I didn't because puberty had lowered my voice to such a monotone level that I chose not to sing at all anymore :laugh: ). And it's that where my biggest complaint about the trailer comes from: I don't like Jennifer Hudson's version at all.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Watching some Youtube reactions and it seems the human faces on the cats bodies is what's turning people off. It also seems to split opinions heavily. I'm guessing fans of the musical are liking it more?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

There's an explanation towards the end of that video on how they create the fur effect. Maybe it will look better a couple of months later?

Hearing Dame Judi Dench say she was originally cast on Cats but missed out on it because she broke her achilles tendon and thinking no more Cats for her, sort of makes me feel sympathetic to this project.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
This movie is getting just absolutely WRECKED across social media. It doesn't stand a chance at this point, other than as a meme factory

From what I'm seeing on twitter, it's playing well to fans of the play.

It's a big budget musical coming out at Christmas, so if history is any indication, it's probably going to make money.

I've never seen the play, and quite frankly, I still have trouble wrapping my head around the concept. But, it was on of the longest running musicals on Broadway, so it probably has enough of a core audience to play to.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
From what I'm seeing on twitter, it's playing well to fans of the play.

It's a big budget musical coming out at Christmas, so if history is any indication, it's probably going to make money.

I've never seen the play, and quite frankly, I still have trouble wrapping my head around the concept. But, it was on of the longest running musicals on Broadway, so it probably has enough of a core audience to play to.

Yeah I've seen plenty of interest, actually. I mean, I have no interest, but I think it'll probably make some money.

I mean, everyone asks for more original stuff - well, here you go!

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Surprised that this silly thing has people up in arms about it, but these days, god knows, people go out of their way to be triggered by something, anything.

kingsholygrail

Fastest Series Loss 0-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Man this is gonna be some furries dream stuff
Too uncanny valley. Zootopia was better for that.

Surprised that this silly thing has people up in arms about it, but these days, god knows, people go out of their way to be triggered by something, anything.
Yeah, I don't think Cats has ever been accused of being a great musical. It's always been the butt of jokes.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Yeah I've seen plenty of interest, actually. I mean, I have no interest, but I think it'll probably make some money.

I mean, everyone asks for more original stuff - well, here you go!

It’s not really original though; it’s a movie version of a play that’s been around for decades.

I can’t believe people are up in arms about this? What are they saying?

I just think this is weird as heck looking and I have no interest in it but to each their own

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
It’s not really original though; it’s a movie version of a play that’s been around for decades.

I can’t believe people are up in arms about this? What are they saying?

I just think this is weird as heck looking and I have no interest in it but to each their own

My understanding is that people aren't angry about the movie existing relative to the musical, just that the effects are creepy as hell and the look of pasty human faces digitally spliced onto CGI furry bodies is weirding everyone out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad