Pre-Game Talk: @ Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

H2OFroster

Casual ice hockey follower
Nov 29, 2017
Finland
It really angers me that Yammer and Pulju are being wasted either on the press box or bottom 6 (applies more to Jp). Send them down already.

E: Regarding JP, at least he isn't trapped in the black hole of the 3rd line

Last edited:

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

A real stroke of genius there by TMac to play Puljujarvi on his off-wing on the 4th line.

Send him to the AHL already.

It really is bizarre. I mean with his english issues ... they should be trying to make it easier on him, not harder. I think he will be down in Bakersfield as soon as they return home.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'm not a big fan either.

For a large player, he isn't physical, doesn't seem to handle the puck that great and is a bit slow.

A left shooting Mark Fayne.

Hes still better than Garrison imo. Although Garrison has started to play better and Bennings actually been decent lately

Garrison adds a shot and some physicality. I'd probably take him over Gravel for those seasons. Hopefully Gravel steps up his play or shows another dimension to it.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Honestly I'd rather have JP on the 4th line then that black hole on the 3rd. We should really just send him down. I don't understand why someone hasn't gone down, we have a log-jam of tweener forwards.

Reactions: H2Froster

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Honestly I'd rather have JP on the 4th line then that black hole on the 3rd. We should really just send him down. I don't understand why someone hasn't gone down, we have a log-jam of tweener forwards.

Honestly I think Lucic on the fourth line and more of a third skill line would be better. If you look at the ice time. The third and fourth line play about the same.

Cagguila - Strome - JP/Yama might not be a bad line
Lucic - Brodz/Khaira - Kassian might not be that bad either

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond

Oh come on, now Todd is just ****ing with Jesse

At this point it's like watching coach MacT when he had Rita on his roster.

GM Lowe was a much bigger fan of Rita than MacT ever was, and it showed in how he was deployed until mgmt finally took the hint MacT was all but yelling at them with a megaphone and traded him off to Pittsburgh. It seems like there's some similarities here...especially with how Rita was always a preseason god for the first half of the games, then would slowly fade away as the competition increased.

I'm just waiting for McLellan to play a dman as a 4th line forward while scratching Pulju. THAT would be considered going "Full Rita".

Reactions: Louis Cypher

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Interesting.

Yep. Remember I said that after his no show in Tampa Khaira is as good as scratched? The writing on the wall was indelible. It was a dirty game and everybody else answered the bell in bringing some payback. An ingredient of which is the only reason Khaira happens to be in an NHL lineup, but apparently doesn't realize that. The thing is, Khaira it seems has completely forgot that being physical is an important intangible for him. That he has not brought to the team this season.

It seems this player needs a major wake up call every season. I could see him being out for several games now.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Meh, Strome has been playing well. He's been snake bitten. Hopefully scoring last night helped his get going here...

Yeah it’s too bad he could have cashed in any of the half dozen good chances that Puljujarvi set him up for. Strome has been playing meh, not well.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Yep. Remember I said that after his no show in Tampa Khaira is as good as scratched? The writing on the wall was indelible. It was a dirty game and everybody else answered the bell in bringing some payback. An ingredient of which is the only reason Khaira happens to be in an NHL lineup, but apparently doesn't realize that. The thing is, Khaira it seems has completely forgot that being physical is an important intangible for him. That he has not brought to the team this season.

It seems this player needs a major wake up call every season. I could see him being out for several games now.

Khaira reminds me of a coworker I once had in my military days...a guy would do some good work, but would get self-satisfied far too easily and slack off. Our boss would then give him a kick in the ass/closed door "motivational session", then he'd be good to go for a month or so before old habits would seep back in. At a certain point, our boss got sick of the high maintenance invested in this guy and got him moved to a different department.

If Khaira doesn't watch it, he'll follow a similar career path. It's like he thinks the hard work's done now that he's "made" the NHL. That's a fatal mistake if that is his mindset.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Not a chance.

No prospect succeeds with that little ice time. None, zilch. I'll repeat, ice time in their breakout year:
Rantanen18
Nylander16
Pastrnak14
Barkov17
Ehlers17.5
Leon18
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

When he is playing, Jesse is at 12/night.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Khaira reminds me of a coworker I once had in my military days...a guy would do some good work, but would get self-satisfied far too easily and slack off. Our boss would then give him a kick in the ass/closed door "motivational session", then he'd be good to go for a month or so before old habits would seep back in. At a certain point, our boss got sick of the high maintenance invested in this guy and got him moved to a different department.

If Khaira doesn't watch it, he'll follow a similar career path. It's like he thinks the hard work's done now that he's "made" the NHL. That's a fatal mistake if that is his mindset.

Yep. The problem is there is not one thing he is doing well. He is not producing squat. (I missed the Detroit game so have no idea how he was in that one) he's not hitting much, not being physical or instigating. He's not been good 5 on 5 or pk. There isn't anything left.

He had a special opportunity last season to get some topsix minutes. No way he should have been there in the first place with Drai, but is he sulking or something being on 4th line? My assessment, always, is that he's barely an NHL player in terms of skillsets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad