Pre-Game Talk: @ Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Last couple games been ugly. Contenders making us looking like pretenders. Need a bounce back game.

Cant believe the tire fire that is our defensive zone awareness in the last 2. Did they forget how to play defense on the plane ride to DC.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
If we lose this one I hope we lose badly so management feels enough pressure to try and grab Quenneville. Please?

Reactions: Oilhawks

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
If we lose this one I hope we lose badly so management feels enough pressure to try and grab Quenneville. Please?

My McLellan gets fired prediction at start of season was after this road trip. I figured it was a killers row of games in which we could lose 3 in a row. The season has gone a lot better than I expected but this road trip was pretty obviously a major chore. Also that the team will have played a lot of games in short period of time.

We've come out of the hell part of the schedule really good, but how much has it taxed our stars? That's more what I worry about and how much guys have extended to get some of these results. Theres rarely easy wins for the Oilers.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Both Pulju and Yam probably sitting I'd guess?

Nuge-McDavid-Rattie
Reider-Draisaitl-Chiasson
Lucic-Strome-Caggiula
Khaira-Brodziak-Kassian

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Gravel-Benning

Talbot

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I certainly wouldn't say it's a must-win game. They're at the tail end of their toughest stretch of the schedule and will still be above .500 if they lose

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I expect us to play down to our opposition as usual. 4-3 Oilers in OT.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
I expect us to play down to our opposition as usual. 4-3 Oilers in OT.
EDIT:

Looking at Florida's numbers, seems like up until Luongo coming back they have been undone by sub-par goaltending (3rd worst save percentage). Possession numbers middle of the pack'ish.

Also PK @ 68% egads. Somehow lower than ours!

Wouldn't sleep on them. Will be a test.

Last edited:

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Would you actually watch a show where you had no idea what it was about from one episode to the next?
giphy.gif

Valhallis

Aug 2, 2005
Last couple games been ugly. Contenders making us looking like pretenders. Need a bounce back game.

Cant believe the tire fire that is our defensive zone awareness in the last 2. Did they forget how to play defense on the plane ride to DC.
It seemed like they were scared of those team instead of showing the confidence they had against better teams earlier in the season. I really noticed how much they give up the blue line compared to those other teams. Our D against Tampa were at the hashmarks before TB even crossed the blue line.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
RNH-McDavid-Rattie
Rieder-Draisaitl-Chiasson
Lucic-Strome-Caggiula
Puljujärvi-Brodziak-Kassian

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Gravel/Garrison-Benning

Status
Not open for further replies.