Post-Game Talk: Cats Yandle the Bruins for a 4-1 win. Dadonov snipes two goals and Lu shines bright!

Does Hoffman hit 70 points or does Yandle hit 60 points first?

• Hoffshot

• Yandle

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Sitting in the 12th spot still, most likely finishing anywhere between 10th-14th.

Last two drafts a team above the tenth spot has won the second pick, so....

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I agree with all of this except for Hoff. In the unpredictable and messy world of NHL trades, I do not believe Hoff will fetch what we’d need. Besides, the signal it sends is absolutely horrible. It’s basically saying to the rest of the players not named Barkov that “have a career year with us and we’ll trade you because we think that was a fluke”. Horrible optics. Don’t trade Hoffman!
Disagree because we hand out extensions like Oprah and keep almost all of our core players for a long time. There were multiple career years this year. They’ll almost all be staying. Also better to sell high if someone is going to overpay

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
it most likely will be a forward not too many great dmen in the top 15 available on the other hand there is a lot of talented forwards.

Actually i think thats why it will be a defenseman. I see a run on forwards in the top 10, we'll most likely pick #10-12, so I think the #2/3 rated d-man will still be there for us if we choose. Broberg, Seider, Soderstrom, Heinola, Thomson are all great d_man prospects who should all turn out to be top 4 defenders imo. Even though Byram is the only guy in the draft that looks like a surefire top pairing guy.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
it most likely will be a forward not too many great dmen in the top 15 available on the other hand there is a lot of talented forwards.

Do we really need to draft another forward? We can use the 2nd rounder if need be.

Actually i think thats why it will be a defenseman. I see a run on forwards in the top 10, we'll most likely pick #10-12, so I think the #2/3 rated d-man will still be there for us if we choose. Broberg, Seider, Soderstrom, Heinola, Thomson are all great d_man prospects who should all turn out to be top 4 defenders imo. Even though Byram is the only guy in the draft that looks like a surefire top pairing guy.

I'm still on board with trading the pick for immediate help on RD. How about you?

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Makes it an even easier decision for me to get exactly what you want then by trading it. Tallon can be fired if he drafts another forward with this pick.
Confident they know this and will act accordingly by trading it.

I don't think it's that simple. It is VERY likely that the BPA will be a forward considering this years crop. It is also very likely that a middle first could be part of package but alone itself isn't good enough to land the top dman we are looking for. With that said we may look to trade it but taking into consideration the cost of the trade what the other team is looking for we may end up keeping it. Trades fall through pretty often.

What I'm trying to say we are most likely keeping the pick and we are most likely taking a forward because thats just the highest likely hood.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Makes it an even easier decision for me to get exactly what you want then by trading it. Tallon can be fired if he drafts another forward with this pick.
Confident they know this and will act accordingly by trading it.

He won't be fired because by picking the best player available.

But I agree with the idea of trading that pick if that can help us to get better now.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I don't think it's that simple. It is VERY likely that the BPA will be a forward considering this years crop. It is also very likely that a middle first could be part of package but alone itself isn't good enough to land the top dman we are looking for. With that said we may look to trade it but taking into consideration the cost of the trade what the other team is looking for we may end up keeping it. Trades fall through pretty often.

What I'm trying to say we are most likely keeping the pick and we are most likely taking a forward because thats just the highest likely hood.

Truly hope management feel the heat from Viola. We've been looking to make a big trade for a top 4 D (McDonaugh) a little while now. Feel it's easier to acquire the G and F through free agency then finding a quality top 4 D. Only leaves trading for help and that pick would be our biggest asset to offer that doesnt affect the current roster. That or Denisenko. Prefer not to trade Tippett or Hepo.

With the way these recent players are developing, dont think it's such a bad idea to draft what you need. We see teams reaching for needs over BPA here and there in the mid to late first picks.

How about Stralman? Tampa can't afford to throw big bucks at the guy.

Would be another veteran D.

Talked with some TB fans during the year, they more consider him a #4/5 now so depending on what deal hes looking for, I'd go younger if possible. 24-28 years ideally

Speaking of Buff, he carries a big caphit (7.6 mil) and his actually salary is 8 mil and 6 mil the final 2 years.

Last edited:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Truly hope management feel the heat from Viola. We've been looking to make a big trade for a top 4 D (McDonaugh) a little while now. Feel it's easier to acquire the G and F through free agency then finding a quality top 4 D. Only leaves trading for help and that pick would be our biggest asset to offer that doesnt affect the current roster. That or Denisenko. Prefer not to trade Tippett or Hepo.

With the way these recent players are developing, dont think it's such a bad idea to draft what you need. We see teams reaching for needs over BPA here and there in the mid to late first picks.

Talked with some TB fans during the year, they more consider him a #4/5 now so depending on what deal hes looking for, I'd go younger if possible. 24-28 years ideally

Speaking of Buff, he carries a big caphit (7.6 mil) and his actually salary is 8 mil and 6 mil the final 2 years.
Buff and Subban are similar, still pretty effective but past their prime, so not worth the tail end salary. Panthers have been the NHL retirement party for too long, time to snap that trend (for the high earners).

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I mean pesce would be a dream but they won’t trade him. I’d do trocheck+ but I still doubt they consider it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad