Panthers can match up with us - pretty much at every position:

#1C - Barkov vs Stamkos
#1D - Ekblad vs Hedman
#1G - Luongo vs Bishop
#1W - Hubeardou vs Drouin

#2C - Bjustad vs Johnson
High Performing Rookie Forward - Malgin vs Point
High Performing Rooke Defenseman - Matheson vs Koekkoek

Those are just insulting comparisons, come on Werewolf. Our boys are way better than them. Johnson would be added if he didn't have a bad season last year from injuries. But the rest, not even a little bit of a comparison (especially the first 3). :laugh:

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Those are just insulting comparisons, come on Werewolf. Our boys are way better than them. Johnson would be added if he didn't have a bad season last year from injuries. But the rest, not even a little bit of a comparison (especially the first 3). :laugh:

I agree ... I think ours are better and a bit older and a bit more established. I'm just saying that they are or will be the equivalents. Barkov is a legit #1C ... so is Ekblad at #1D and Luongo is a legit #1G. They have the pieces ... just 2 or 3 years behind us that's all. Drouin >>>> Hubby, etc. Just saying they are comparables in that they fit the rolls in which we have built our team.

It comes down to depth scoring ... Barkov is also a good defensive Center while Stamkos is a good Offensive Center... Ying/Yang kind of in some of these comparisons. But yeah I'm a total homer man ... I think ours are way better.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Lets not forget what this game really is all about.

Time to win back what was stolen from us last year.

BcMLTYNIgAAYAqx.jpg

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Of course he doesn't deserve more playing time than the likes of our top 6. There's not one player in our top 6 that he's more talented than. Or he's not more important to the team than anybody in the top 6. But that doesn't mean he couldn't prove to be a really good player for us. I mean last year was his first full season with this team. The season before he played games with the team but he also played games down in Syracuse too. I would like to see him get more playing time and would like to see what he would do with it.

Namestnikov is more talented than Killorn but he's a better center than winger so he wouldn't look as good on the wing up there. The kid had 35 points last year with 14 goals, so he had the same amount of goals as Killorn with just 5 less points but wasn't put in as good a situation to produce as Killorn has. Namestnikov can be a 50 point 2C in this league.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Namestnikov is more talented than Killorn but he's a better center than winger so he wouldn't look as good on the wing up there. The kid had 35 points last year with 14 goals, so he had the same amount of goals as Killorn with just 5 less points but wasn't put in as good a situation to produce as Killorn has. Namestnikov can be a 50 point 2C in this league.

Never know if we don't see him in that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->