Pre-Game Talk: Cats @ Pens Wednesday 02/14/2024

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I have no idea how Sid's not apoplectic after this organization's steady and steep descent into whatever the f*** this shit's been the past few years. :laugh:

Reactions: farscape1

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
I think the problem is a cap thing. Resigning Sid, Geno, LeTang has left very little for any acquisitions. So Close to 3 in a row and then Sully got weird with the roster. I ask the board this. If a team approached Sid or Geno so they might see a playoff run would you?

the penitent

Feb 20, 2023
I think the problem is a cap thing. Resigning Sid, Geno, LeTang has left very little for any acquisitions. So Close to 3 in a row and then Sully got weird with the roster. I ask the board this. If a team approached Sid or Geno so they might see a playoff run would you?
No on Sid, yes on Geno

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Ya know, if fans actually stopped going to the games, Sullivan would get fired very quickly.
Did you see the last few home games? Attendance has been dipping

No on Sid, yes on Geno
Yeah f*** off with that. Geno yes? Because he can't produce with wingers that are poor fits on his line and other lines? Yeah f*** that bullshit narrative by fake ass f***ing fans.

f*** the lot of you and your Sidney Bitch ass Crosby over everyone horse shit.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

Sid, Malkin and Letang are a combined 20 million. Rust, Rakell, Smith, Carter and Acciari are a combined 20 million. I think one group is far more a problem when it comes to wasted cap space than the other.

the penitent

Feb 20, 2023

Yeah f*** off with that. Geno yes? Because he can't produce with wingers that are poor fits on his line and other lines? Yeah f*** that bullshit narrative by fake ass f***ing fans.

Well thought out and reasoned reply! If you can hold off on your b***h ass fanboy BS for a bit, maybe you can face facts that Geno is pretty much washed at the moment, at least as far as Sully's "system" (whatever that is) goes. Even little p***Y like you can see that ihe's going throughy the motions right now, and it ain't just because of his wingers. Look, I don't want to diminish want Geno has meant to this team over the years, but it's clear he's being given roles he can no longer live up to.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side

I guess I should be paying more attention to the stands than the product on the ice.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I guess I should be paying more attention to the stands than the product on the ice.
It'd be far more interesting than the product on the ice.

Well thought out and reasoned reply! If you can hold off on your b***h ass fanboy BS for a bit, maybe you can face facts that Geno is pretty much washed at the moment, at least as far as Sully's "system" (whatever that is) goes. Even little p***Y like you can see that ihe's going throughy the motions right now, and it ain't just because of his wingers. Look, I don't want to diminish want Geno has meant to this team over the years, but it's clear he's being given roles he can no longer live up to.

Ah ok so you have nothing of value to add.

Edit: Ok I’ll bite…

If a player that is 37 and struggling with finding chemistry with wingers that really aren’t his bag, it would be wise to move him to wing and try him there with less responsibilities at his age to get him to play more to his offensive strengths and let someone else handle the defensive side of the game. Now do the Pens have anyone that can drop down and play C? No, maybe, yes? They have C’s that can play there but it really depends on who it is. Do they go Eller as the 2C to give it a try? Colin White can probably fill in as 3C and it’d be fine or maybe they move Doc back to C on the 2nd line and go Rakell on the RW. But the issue here is when you see other players like Geno at their age and the wear and tear they’ve endured, you either move them to wing or surround them with better talent.

If Crosby’s playing so f***ing well, then why haven’t they dropped Guentzel down to help out Geno to get him going? Instead they keep him with Crosby because why?

Oh f*** me, that’s right! He needs the S U P P O R T as well. So why then, does Crosby the almighty, need support as well? Oh f*** me, I am on a roll! That’s right! He’s also aging and can’t generate offense the same way he normally can, Sid actually has had issues with that side of his game for a while now and it’s why Jake is glued to his wing, Sid is not terrible, but he’s not able to generate offense at the same rate he could before. Needing an elite winger on his line helps him a f***ton.

You know how badly Sid would produce if he had - Smith, O’Connor, White, and Puljujarvi as his wingers? I f***ing bet you mate, it wouldn’t be great numbers.

Asking Geno to change his game and keep him at C where the workload is not something he can handle with the wingers he’s trying to make work is some awful coaching, Sullivan can wank off about hearing the right things all he wants, he doesn’t f***ing do the right things either way as a coach. I kind of hope Jake is out enough before the TDL to see how Sid does without him so we can see what excuses are made when Sid struggles. Maybe then he will need to change his game too.

Last edited:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Was at work but doesn't matter, I am taking another break from this team anyway. Let's keep losing so we can sell. Jake hurt? of all people of course it would be him near trade him time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad