GDT: Cats at Caps 7:00 EST Verizon Center

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
Why don't you look at Tallon's track record over his tenure as both Hawks and Panthers GM?

He's handed out some hideous contracts and will continue to do so.

Remember he wanted to trade us Buff+ for Nylander and ownership nixed that deal.

He's the one who forgot to submit forms in time leading to them having to trade Ladd and Versteeg. (or maybe Buff..there were two players he messed up on that lead to his firing)

Huet contract. Awful.

Flash for $4.5 mil? Bolland for $5 mil? Trades for Luongo and Campbell. He sure likes his ex hawks. Upshall contract doesn't even look good.

He will squander the cap space guaranteed.

He is not a great GM
Internet guarantees. Good stuff. I guess there's no arguing with that.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Not if Tallon is the GM. He spends money like a drunken sailor when UFAs hit the market. He will leave little room to sign his young emerging players.

To be fair to Tallon, he has to meet the salary floor somehow. Very few want to play for that team if they're not going to be paid a premium to do so.

Granted, stuff like the Bolland signing is indefensible and I have plenty of complaints against Tallon (some of which you lined up in the next post).

He's the one who forgot to submit forms in time leading to them having to trade Ladd and Versteeg. (or maybe Buff..there were two players he messed up on that lead to his firing)
He messed up a whole crop of RFAs by failing to submit his Qualifying Offers in time. Kris Versteeg, Cam Barker, Ben Eager, Colin Fraser, Aaron Johnson and Troy Brouwer were all involved. The team ended up signing them all before the matter was settled, but likely had to pay more because of it, and you're right that the extra cost incurred there likely contributed to some of the salary dumps following the Cup win.

Flash for $4.5 mil? Bolland for $5 mil? Trades for Luongo and Campbell. He sure likes his ex hawks. Upshall contract doesn't even look good.
Flash isn't really a bad deal for $4.5M. That was the same off-season that Ville Leino and Brooks Laich landed $4.5M deals.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
To be fair to Tallon, he has to meet the salary floor somehow. Very few want to play for that team if they're not going to be paid a premium to do so.

Granted, stuff like the Bolland signing is indefensible and I have plenty of complaints against Tallon (some of which you lined up in the next post).

He messed up a whole crop of RFAs by failing to submit his Qualifying Offers in time. Kris Versteeg, Cam Barker, Ben Eager, Colin Fraser, Aaron Johnson and Troy Brouwer were all involved. The team ended up signing them all before the matter was settled, but likely had to pay more because of it, and you're right that the extra cost incurred there likely contributed to some of the salary dumps following the Cup win.

Flash isn't really a bad deal for $4.5M. That was the same off-season that Ville Leino and Brooks Laich landed $4.5M deals.

Wow I didn't realize it was for all those dudes. Thats a terrible mistake to make and easily one that could have been avoided.

I understand the cap floor in FLA but then again he didn't have one in Chicago and they had to clean up alot of the messes he made and lost some good players b/c of it.

I don't believe him to be a good GM and I'm sure he will botch things for FLA.

The fact he was actively trying to help us by taking a washed up Nylander speaks for itself. I think the deal was Buff and Sopel or something like that. It would have helped us out so much! Too bad ownership got involved.

Halpysback*

Tallon also drafted Howden with Kuz, Coyle, Nelson Faulk and Etem taken soon after. This back when Howden's upside was universally considered a hard working not big 3rd liner.

Traded out from under Tarasenko to take Bjugstad though that doesn't look too bad now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad