GDT: Cats at Caps 7:00 EST Verizon Center

Burakovsky95*

To be fair they got the job done. Edmonton game is bound to be 10x more fast paced than this one. Hopefully we keep the little streak going.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If the Caps get their scoring mojo back and the league takes notice you can expect more games like that. Felt like I was watching the MTL series again.

Told you guys this would be close. Now 6 of last 7 Caps/Panthers matchups have been 1 goal games.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Kuz finally hit that shot. 2-0-3 , not bad.

He has converted before, in preseason. He's 2-for-3 w/ that move. He used a different move the SO before this one, and he actually had the goalie beat, just didn't finish. He looks very comfortable in SO to me.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
This ending was so much better than I expected. By the midway thru second, when yet another grade-A chance went uncashed, I started to assume we would wind up losing 3-1 on an ENG. I lacked faith.

Ovie started to get dialed in at the end.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Yeah, Ekblad & Mitchell are a couple of solid defensive additions for that Florida team. They've only given up ten goals in five games so they've been pretty stingy overall.

You'd like to see the Caps use their speed more in these more methodical games, particularly if they're not really buying into grinding a team down.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
So did Laich get injured from getting hit by Thornton, I was watching the Panthers broadcast and I think after you guys were talking about him being injured after that.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Yeah, Ekblad & Mitchell are a couple of solid defensive additions for that Florida team. They've only given up ten goals in five games so they've been pretty stingy overall.

And they were without Bolland tonight. He is a good 2-way player and a pest. He would've made them tougher to play against.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
So did Laich get injured from getting hit by Thornton, I was watching the Panthers broadcast and I think after you guys were talking about him being injured after that.

Yes. Immediately winced from pain after the hit and went off the ice. Then went down the tunnel.

Wilson coming back just in time, I think.

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013

It looked to be lower body. If that's the case, he definitely re-injured his groin. Should have bought him out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->