News Article: Catching Up With Mike Richards

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Catching Up With Mike Richards

While rumors continue to swirl about his future (this article is a must read), Mike Richards has continued to go about his business as a member of the Manchester Monarchs. In six games with the team, he has collected two goals and six assists, totaling eight points. Two of those points came on Saturday, as he once again contributed to a Monarchs’ victory over the Bridgeport Sound Tigers.

Off the ice, Richards has recently gotten engaged and turned 30 years old this past Wednesday. After the game, he sat down with us about a wide array of topics, including some off the ice…

Thoughts?

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
On playing nearly double the ice time he was playing with the Kings:

“I think any hockey player embraces that and wants to play as much as they can. The first couple games maybe you’re not used to it, but that’s why you have those tough skates in practice. They suck while you’re doing them, but they’re definitely beneficial. I think just overall, [being] more comfortable with how much you’re playing, what you’re playing, what you’re doing, and that just comes with being here and time on ice.â€

I keep hearing about these tough skates. Wow, Richards TOI has nearly doubled? That's quite a transition to jump into and it's a credit to him that he's amassed 8 points in 6 games.

He mentioned his legs feeling really good but that his hands weren't there yet. I know he could have scored 2 goals tonight so his finishing needs some fine-tuning, but he did some good work tonight with screens and 2 assists, so he's obviously helping the team win.

I quite liked the personal touch to the interview. :thumbu: I would love to have him back on the big club later in the season. I think the expanded game time and playing with wingers who can score is terrific for his game.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I keep hearing about these tough skates. Wow, Richards TOI has nearly doubled? That's quite a transition to jump into and it's a credit to him that he's amassed 8 points in 6 games.

He mentioned his legs feeling really good but that his hands weren't there yet. I know he could have scored 2 goals tonight so his finishing needs some fine-tuning, but he did some good work tonight with screens and 2 assists, so he's obviously helping the team win.

I quite liked the personal touch to the interview. :thumbu: I would love to have him back on the big club later in the season. I think the expanded game time and playing with wingers who can score is terrific for his game.

Thanks PJ. Always appreciate your kind words.

Also very fun to do these types where you get to know the players a bit more. Richards has been very open with me since coming to Manch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad