Catchiest Video Game Earworms?

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
Inside (by Playdead): Shockwave stage. Probably the singlemost epic aural experience I've ever had in 40 years of gaming. I won't include a clip because I don't want to spoil it for anybody who plans to play the game, and because a clip wouldn't do it justice. You need to play the game from the beginning, to understand.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Inside (by Playdead): Shockwave stage. Probably the singlemost epic aural experience I've ever had in 40 years of gaming. I won't include a clip because I don't want to spoil it for anybody who plans to play the game, and because a clip wouldn't do it justice. You need to play the game from the beginning, to understand.
Inside is one of my favorite games of all time, and the sound design is wonderful, but I wouldn't call any of that stuff an "earworm" that gets stuck in your head.

Reactions: Tweed

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
Inside is one of my favorite games of all time, and the sound design is wonderful, but I wouldn't call any of that stuff an "earworm" that gets stuck in your head.

For me it was, but I listen to that OST on loop so, there's that.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Kingdom Hearts and FF had a pretty serious competition for most cinematic video game music for a few years there. Anything from those two series is seriously addicting.

But since it hasn’t been posted in this thread yet I’ll go with something else:

member 157595

Final Fantasy 7 - Golden Saucer theme

TERRIFIC example. Nowhere near the best song in this game but is a bitch to get out of your head once you hear it again.

Pretty much the entire soundtrack from the original doom series.

It may be borderline or outright plagarism at times...but it's not only great, it's appropriate for the game. Few things go together better than DOOM and Slayer. There's no way you can listen to this and not think of grabbing a Super Shotgun and crushing your friends at point-blank range:

Reactions: Lessavyfav

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia

and pretty much everything from this game, but this one is my favorite

also this one

The music in those games was incredible for the time

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I haven't been able to get most of the Persona 5 soundtrack out of my head since playing it earlier this year.

The Suicide Mission track from Mass Effect 2 will always stick with me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad