Cat Scratch Fever in Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandastyle

Playing a Sub-500 team at home is usually a recipe for success, but the playoff hungry Florida team had another thing in mind. "Florida is one of those teams that's battling for a playoff spot, and with the addition of a healthy Daze they're that much tougher. We gotta put in a better effort tomorrow night in Florida...."

That's right, in Florida. Edmonton has the gross shared misfortune of sharing a home and home with a team on the other side of the continent, with no rest day in between. This isn't the only scheduling snafu either. After playing in Florida, they have a day off then travel to San Jose. A week later, the Oil have a home game against Tampa Bay to be followed the next day by a game in Atlanta. And it doesn't end there, two days after the Atlanta game the team is back in Edmonton only to go back east the following day to play New Jersey.

And the cross continent travel isn't without its consequences. Goaltenders Evgeni Nabokov and Garth Snow have not been at 100% for quite some time now. Jet lag hasn't been playing havoc with two netminders whose position relies on mental focus.

Gledhill complained, "I didn't realize we had entered into an endorsement deal with United Airlines, the amount they have us traveling is ridiculous. The scheduling guys over at the HFNHL offices need to take a look at this for future seasons. Our players are tired and worn out before they even touch the ice, and its the fans that suffer."

Notes: Defenseman Kyle McLaren injured his elbow in last nights game due to a Wes Walz hit, and is listed day-to-day. Walz was given a boarding call and game misconduct for the incident. League officials are examining the hit to see if further action is appropriate.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Minnesota GM Greg Dockus, who's Minnesota Wild played 7 games in 7 nights (in Colorado/Minnesota/New York/Minnesota/Tampa/Colorado/Minnesota) and then 4 in 4 (in Minnesota/Ottawa/Phoenix/Minnesota), replied, "WAAAAAHHHHHH!"

6 points out now. Here. We. Come.

HFNHL Red Wings

Ah it's great to some friendly rivalries blossoming. Nothing says Spring like hockey trash talk ;)

Pandastyle

Greg, my boys are just building you up for the ultimate let down. Got to give your guys some hope... :)

And Drew, one thing I love about the playoffs. Even if you surpass me in points, I'll still be sitting pretty with the 3 seed. :p:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad