Cash Cab

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
My favourite show (Cash Cab) has just ended (3 pm EST) and I usually exercise before dinner. However, I need a day off, so my fat ass is going to stay in this comfy recliner.

I am also hungry. Really hungry! I can either have a healthy stir fry or buy myself 2 delicious Burger King Whoppers (extra ketchup) - which I've been dreaming about ALL day. Unfortunately, the Whoppers ooze fat and calories.

What to do, what to do, what to do... :oops:

Last edited:

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Friend of mine swears he blew chunks all over the back seat of one when it was being filmed here. Have never been able to confirm or deny.
According to a 2017 interview with Ben Bailey he has stated no one has ever vomited in the Cash Cab.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
My favourite show (Cash Cab) has just ended (3 pm EST) and I usually exercise before dinner. However, I need a day off, so my fat ass is going to stay in this comfy recliner.

I am also hungry. Really hungry! I can either have a healthy stir fry or buy myself 2 delicious Burger King Whoppers (extra ketchup) - which I've been dreaming about ALL day. Unfortunately, the Whoppers ooze fat and calories.

What to do, what to do, what to do... :oops:
I know ALL of you are wondering...

I had the Whoppers and they were every bit a delicious as I hoped!

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Over the pandemic, Cash Cab has become my favourite show.

Unfortunate, in Canada, it's all reruns.

Anyone ever been in one or know someone who has?
I don't know anyone who has but I've seen at least a hundred episodes of this show between the Canadian and American versions and I love it. I saw an episode of the american version awhile back where a guy got in the cab while he was talking to Tiki Barber on his cell. Turned out he was his agent and he called Tiki back for his mobile shoutout. Tiki gave the wrong answer and the agent got kicked out of the cab.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I don't know anyone who has but I've seen at least a hundred episodes of this show between the Canadian and American versions and I love it. I saw an episode of the american version awhile back where a guy got in the cab while he was talking to Tiki Barber on his cell. Turned out he was his agent and he called Tiki back for his mobile shoutout. Tiki gave the wrong answer and the agent got kicked out of the cab.
I've seen every Canadian episode at least 2 times. It is such a cute harmless show. The young people are funny and make the show - they are so happy over a couple hundred dollars. And it doesn't cost that much to make.

I just wish they would bring it back in Canada.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I love Cash Cab! While I've never been on it, I did look up to see how people got on it (in Canada) and found some posts on IMDB and reddit a few years back.

I think the general premise was would-be contestants sign up to appear on some other show on Discovery. They pre-screen would-be contestants with fun personalities and if they make the cut, Discovery asks them where they'll be on X day and time and so they can send them a cab to drive them to said show and that's how they're "found". Someone also said if their reactions when they find out they're in the Cash Cab aren't exciting or embarrassed enough, they have to redo it. They also have to do multiple takes of them getting in and out of the Cash Cab too, which makes sense.

Adam Grove did an AMA a few years back and said they have picked up some random people sometimes though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad