Player Discussion Casey Mittelstadt (2017, 8th) - Signed, #37 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Looks a lot better, not just because of the points. It’s like he isn’t stickhandling in a vacuum anymore.
It seems like the patience he is using on the PP is starting to transition to his game.

The one thing I noticed is his lack of patience. If you watch the first 40 games he skates over the red line and shoots for 50 feet out. He is definitely using time and space more.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
It seems like the patience he is using on the PP is starting to transition to his game.

The one thing I noticed is his lack of patience. If you watch the first 40 games he skates over the red line and shoots for 50 feet out. He is definitely using time and space more.
He was gassed all season before, which will pressure a player to get rid of the puck early. I think the 10-day break was the real difference maker for him. Going from a college schedule and a summer on the lake to an NHL schedule is no easy task. Eichel was frequently gassed his rookie year too.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So... he's not going the WC's AND he's not eligible to get work that he needs in the AHL playoffs.

Well... f***.

Reactions: paulmm3

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
So... he's not going the WC's AND he's not eligible to get work that he needs in the AHL playoffs.

Well... ****.
I'de like him in AHL but let him have a full offseason. We should see a better conditioned Mittelstadt next year if he's serious about it. Like to see him spend some time with Jack.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'de like him in AHL but let him have a full offseason. We should see a better conditioned Mittelstadt next year if he's serious about it. Like to see him spend some time with Jack.

He needs cycles to get better as much as he needs to work out. Not assigning him to the Amerks when it was an option was a missed development opportunity, even if he may have been considered for the US WC's team.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Would have been nice for Mitts to get more experience but I think he needs a lengthy break. Going from HS to college to NHL is a major jump. Now that he experienced the rigors of a 82 game season I expect him to be in much better shape. He needs to cut out the baby fat. No reason why a pro athlete should have a double chin.

Mitts simply has to be much better. He needed to put up 50 this year. He barely put up half that.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Would have been nice for Mitts to get more experience but I think he needs a lengthy break. Going from HS to college to NHL is a major jump. Now that he experienced the rigors of a 82 game season I expect him to be in much better shape. He needs to cut out the baby fat. No reason why a pro athlete should have a double chin.

Mitts simply has to be much better. He needed to put up 50 this year. He barely put up half that.

He was put in a bad position by the GM and the expectations of fans who ate up his U20's without looking at his NCAA game. He could also use a boost in his confidence and reps on how to be a good pro, both of which he could be getting with a playoff run with the Amerks instead of chugging beers at the cottage with his HS buddies again.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
He was put in a bad position by the GM and the expectations of fans who ate up his U20's without looking at his NCAA game. He could also use a boost in his confidence and reps on how to be a good pro, both of which he could be getting with a playoff run with the Amerks instead of chugging beers at the cottage with his HS buddies again.

It’s obvious last summer his focus was on partying with his boys, hopefully he cuts the cord.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
It’s obvious last summer his focus was on partying with his boys, hopefully he cuts the cord.
I always picked on the people who followed his IG stories with their eyebrows raised, but now I'm semi-seriously saying that I hope I see a few less lake pics and a few more gym ones lol

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I always picked on the people who followed his IG stories with their eyebrows raised, but now I'm semi-seriously saying that I hope I see a few less lake pics and a few more gym ones lol

When you are posting Instagram stories on the water with beers the scene sorry there’s not a lot of work being put in.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I did too and it was pretty clear that he didn't do enough work in the summer. He has some growing up to do.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I think his 5 points in 6 games last year probably lead Mitts (and our GM) to overestimate his capabilities.

I think now he knows he has a lot more work to do.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
They look like they are disappointed at missing the playoffs. ;)

Talk about just an utter lack of accountability. I was a little upset with Mittelstadt’s photo of passed out Skinner, but this makes me sick to my stomach...If you’re going to wear shoes, tie them up. It’s a horrible look

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Talk about just an utter lack of accountability. I was a little upset with Mittelstadt’s photo of passed out Skinner, but this makes me sick to my stomach...If you’re going to wear shoes, tie them up. It’s a horrible look
Velcro generation.

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
Speaking of kicks though, is Casey (and possibly Wilson) rocking some UltraBoost? If so nice! I just got mine in the mail last week. Last pair available in my size. They're amazing!

Reactions: Freeeeedom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad