Player Discussion Casey Mittelstadt (2017, 8th) #37 - Part III

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
With Mojo working out extremely nicely at center, and Cozens the future number 2 centerman, why isn't Casey plastered to Skinner and Mojo wing yet?

I have zero issues considering the Girgs-Larrson-Okposo as the third line, which would make Sobotka the 4th line center.

Asplund is the future 3rd line centerman too so I don't see how Casey fits at center going forward. I would think he could be a very productive winger playing with Skinner and Mojo.

because your idea has two prospects filling two critical roles without any contingency. Don’t you think it’s smarter to develop more than two players for two roles, instead ok banking on them reaching their potential?

I’m sure two years ago you banked on mitts filling one of those spots...

Reactions: Rasmi

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
because your idea has two prospects filling two critical roles without any contingency. Don’t you think it’s smarter to develop more than two players for two roles, instead ok banking on them reaching their potential?

I’m sure two years ago you banked on mitts filling one of those spots...

Never was really a fan of Mitts as a center. I don't like his size or acceleration.

Cozens' game fits the role of a center much better than Mitts ever did.

Also, you can't really say Asplund is some unknown. He has been great in Rochester and looked really good at prospect camp. I have zero hesitation that his position in the NHL is center.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Never was really a fan of Mitts as a center. I don't like his size or acceleration.

Also, you can't really say Asplund is some unknown. He has been great in Rochester and looked really good at prospect camp. I have zero hesitation that his position in the NHL is center.
Ya I’m at the point where I want him at Wing right now.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005

That's an odd thing not to like. His size and acceleration are both perfectly fine.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
That's an odd thing not to like. His size and acceleration are both perfectly fine.

The guy plays very small due to his weak stature.

His acceleration is not fine. It is actually slow. He needs vast improvement there just like Reinhart needed and did.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
I think it is just as likely that Cozens is moved to the wing. His play making vision isn't great at this point and you maximize his pf potential on the wing. Will it happen? who knows. But either way I would like to see Cozens start his career in the A and develop the skills he will need for whatever position they project him to play, be it C or W.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
He's weak. It's not even an argument. I don't care what his height and weight. That's has zero to do with strength.
Then just say you think he’s weak. Someone’s stature is a description of their height. Though some may also mean their general size even though that’s not the specific definition. It’s generally not used to describe their strength. So I took your post to be asserting he was small in frame/stature. Which he isn’t.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Then just say you think he’s weak. Someone’s stature is a description of their height. Though some may also mean their general size even though that’s not the specific definition. It’s generally not used to describe their strength. So I took your post to be asserting he was small in frame/stature. Which he isn’t.

By stature I meant his bag of milk looking body. He has weight to him, but it's not the weight you want.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Hoping that California road trip is a turning point for Casey. He played like he belongs. Having a capable center for all 4 lines the rest of the season would be a pleasant surprise compared to what most of us had expected.

Time to demonstrate he can play like that consistently.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
By stature I meant his bag of milk looking body. He has weight to him, but it's not the weight you want.

And he can't do any pull-ups!

Have to admit i had doubts about his physical condition too, nice to see him now look like one of the freshest players on the west coast trip.

Reactions: mike8219

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He has made strides. But how long can they continue to wait until he can unpack his tools every night?

Move him to wing. Find a center who isn’t a defensive liability and easily overpowered. Kick him in the ass every time he mentions Fortnight or going to the cottage with his friendos.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I think we could trade him in a package with Risto for a good player in the top 6, my hopes are connected with Cozens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad