Player Discussion Casey Mittelstadt (2017, 8th) #37 - Part III

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
3 years 3M. Nothing more. He's having a bounce back, but it needs to be realistic.

He's training Routine is not eating cheeseburgers and pizza and playing video games all night

he's changed his life this is Opportunity to lock a player very cheap and we win in the end .. Flyers did that with Wayne , Couturier. Jets
Did it with ehlers

Colorado did it with Nathan MacKinnon .. its our turn

Reactions: elchud

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
It's better to rotate a left and right hander, that actually gives you a advantage. So Reino and Casey or Casey and Cozens. Not two right handers
No I meant Casey is definitely a centre,Reinhart and Cozens just take turns.I get your left/ right shot reason but not thinking that in this scenario

Reactions: buffalorules

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
We definitely need to roll 3 of these guys at center. Eichel and Mittlestadt are locks imo, Cozens or Reinhart should be the other one.

yup, I totally agree and think that’s 100% clear and obvious. Pretty wild we have potentially four top 6 centers right now. Eichel is a franchise level. Reinhart is good 2nd line center. Mitts and Cozens absolutely have top line potential.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
We definitely need to roll 3 of these guys at center. Eichel and Mittlestadt are locks imo, Cozens or Reinhart should be the other one.
Reinhart for sure is center #2 come next season (if re-signed of course). I'm good with Cozens starting on the wing in the top-9, and being fed special teams minutes.

Reactions: Rasmus Reichel

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
yup, I totally agree and think that’s 100% clear and obvious. Pretty wild we have potentially four top 6 centers right now. Eichel is a franchise level. Reinhart is good 2nd line center. Mitts and Cozens absolutely have top line potential.

I think one of them ends up playing on the wing. Cozens is the only potential "match up against the other teams top line" center. We could use a Larsson-esque checking center.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
If I ran Sabres marketing I'd do an epic embedded episode that investigates how many pull ups Casey can do now.
Flashbacks to the draft, comments and memes on the internet, Caseys journey as a hero from succesfull debut to Rochester and back again culminating in him taking the pull up challenge.

Especially since he's a bit black and blue he'll do an even better fighting face.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
This kid gets it now. I expect a huge offseason and a breakout year next season (like the rest of the league going wow Mittlestadt).

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Tage is going to the WHC? I wonder how much his seats cost him.
Sir he won a bronze medal!

FB_IMG_1623040472745.jpg

Reactions: ForsbergMoDo21

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I would give Casey something similar to Zacha's 2nd conract.

3 years, $2.25M AAV

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
I kinda want all our RFAs, (Dahlin, Joker, Mitts, Asplund) on two year deals. That only takes them to age 23-24 when they need new deals. Keep them hungry for two years then payout something long term if they show they’re worth It.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I kinda want all our RFAs, (Dahlin, Joker, Mitts, Asplund) on two year deals. That only takes them to age 23-24 when they need new deals. Keep them hungry for two years then payout something long term if they show they’re worth It.
Seems smart. There isn't a player I would sign long term at this time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad