Player Discussion Casey Mittelstadt (2017, 8th) #37 - Part III

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
The record for most assists without a goal was set by Jimmy Thomson in the 1947-1948 season with 29 assists.

The record for most assists by a forward without any goals is 16. Ville Leino is close second with 15

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
I was most impressed by him winning some puck battles last night. For at least one game he didn't look physically overwhelmed.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Time to go ride the bus, work on the 1st PP and get in PKing time in Rochester. Enough is enough.
the '3C/2RW' Risto trade is coming, and he goes down, Botts has to know...right...RIGHT? Obvious holes in the lineup that need to be acquired this season, even if Asplund/Tage may prove ready in a few months, still not enough

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Time to go ride the bus, work on the 1st PP and get in PKing time in Rochester. Enough is enough.

Exactly this.

He's getting murdered at 5v5 NHL hockey, again. His line is basically a John Scott era grinder line with respect to play contribution, just without the fighting.

Reactions: Chainshot

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Rochester.
If Botterill cannot tradee Risto for help in top 6, then you need to look for other options, Sobotka in top 6 is a mockery of Skinner and MoJo, Olofsson also does not always feel good when playing 5 on 5, but he at least produces on PP. I would also not want to trade Casey, but need to do something.

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
Mittelstadt for Asplund is such an easy move.

No salary tomfoolery required.

I’d be fine with Lazar too (I think). It can’t be that much of downgrade in Buffalo, but it seems like the smart move for Casey’s development. I’m fine with Asplund cooking in the AHL for most of the year.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I’d be fine with Lazar too (I think). It can’t be that much of downgrade in Buffalo, but it seems like the smart move for Casey’s development. I’m fine with Asplund cooking in the AHL for most of the year.

I see no reason not to give Asplund a look. If he doesn't take the opportunity and run with it, you can always send him back down and call up a tweener like Lazar.

On topic, it looks to me like Mitts' conditioning is still pretty far from where it needs to be, despite the work he put in last summer. He looked very good the first game of the season, but you could see how hard he was gassing it to play like that. Seems pretty clear that he doesn't have the stamina to do that for 82 games against NHL competition. Let him go down and get the quality development coaching we have there, get the all-situations playing opportunities, etc.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Roch or trade
Or wing.

I’d like to see him on LW with Larsson/Girgs. They can carry anyone and if he can’t get rolling with those two he needs to go down. The bonus of him with those two would be a good tutorial in the fundamentals of the game in general and our system in particular.

Then have Erod center Vesey/Okposo

Last edited:
Reactions: Grinder81

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
With Mojo working out extremely nicely at center, and Cozens the future number 2 centerman, why isn't Casey plastered to Skinner and Mojo wing yet?

I have zero issues considering the Girgs-Larrson-Okposo as the third line, which would make Sobotka the 4th line center.

Asplund is the future 3rd line centerman too so I don't see how Casey fits at center going forward. I would think he could be a very productive winger playing with Skinner and Mojo.

Reactions: Buf fan in Nash

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
He should be logging heavy minutes in Rochester. Best way to learn the kind of complete role we want him to take as future 2C. I'd be ok with NHL if we transfer him to wing but I'd much rather develop him properly as a C.

Cozens is not a sure thing as long term 2C, remember when we thought Reinhart would be part of the trinity Jack-ROR-Sam?

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
With Mojo working out extremely nicely at center, and Cozens the future number 2 centerman, why isn't Casey plastered to Skinner and Mojo wing yet?

I have zero issues considering the Girgs-Larrson-Okposo as the third line, which would make Sobotka the 4th line center.

Asplund is the future 3rd line centerman too so I don't see how Casey fits at center going forward. I would think he could be a very productive winger playing with Skinner and Mojo.

Probably because the organization has a policy that if they draft a center and ease him in on the wing for the sake of development, he’s never allowed to return to center. Ever. No matter how dire the need and how easy of a move it might be to experiment with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad