Confirmed with Link: Casey Desmith - 3 Years - 1.25 Per

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Would have preferred two years but I'll take it. Mostly been really solid for us.

Yeah, I think this means Jarry wont be here long.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
That’s awesome

tenor.gif

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Nicely done. That's cheap as shit for a backup the Pens will use.

If he regresses, that's an easy contract to jettison.

Reactions: TNT87

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I think this was exactly what I was expecting him to make. Don’t see why people thought he would make more.

He could have gone to FA and potentially gotten more. He seems to really love it here from his interviews and has a good relationship with Murray so it’s great he’s here. His NHL career stats have been awesome so far so it’s nice to have a great goalie duo locked up for a few years.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
This seems fine. Even if he regresses a little I have few doubts that he can be a decent backup. Right now he's a good backup. A regression would still have him being a decent backup unless it's a huge regression.

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
That's a great deal IMO, i don't think hes as good as his numbers say he is, but hes proved to me that he can at least be a solid backup.

Happy for Casey as well, he was the free agent goalie that was a after thought in the organization, eventually he beats out the talented high draft pick and now hes got 3.75 million coming to him.

Reactions: ncm7772

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I just hope he continues to bring it without the need to play for a contract...let’s hope this doesn’t change his play...

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
He could have gone to FA and potentially gotten more. He seems to really love it here from his interviews and has a good relationship with Murray so it’s great he’s here. His NHL career stats have been awesome so far so it’s nice to have a great goalie duo locked up for a few years.

In a world where Anders Nilsson got 2.5m and Aaron Dell got 1.9m, I think he definitely could have got more... but this was about right.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
The old man still got it.

Things can always go wrong, especially with goalies but that's a nice signing.

Reactions: Ms Maggie

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Is 750k or so more for a player that can likely up his value in a solid organization and eventually hope for a Darling type deal at 31 though?

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
In a world where Anders Nilsson got 2.5m and Aaron Dell got 1.9m, I think he definitely could have got more... but this was about right.

Especially how quite a few teams goalies are playing right now and some teams just consistently have bad goalies. Great deal for us

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Is 750k or so more for a player that can likely up his value in a solid organization and eventually hope for a Darling type deal at 31 though?

Maybe. I guess it doesn’t matter though he’s happy here, making some money, playing well, cheap contract, we’re happy.

JR doesn’t usually get contracts done before the deadline but he’s done two good ones so far.

Reactions: Ryder71

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015

His number this year are on pace to about the same as Darling's contract year. With more played games played during the year.

Darling had 32 Gp that year.
DeSmith will have close to 40 games played. I assume he will play in at least 14 more this year, no reason to burn out Murray in the second half.

With the cap going up, I could of seen someone giving him close to 3mil for 3 years as a stop gap.

Reactions: EightyOne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad