Post-Game Talk: Cascadians 5, Calgarians 1: Schroeder scores his first (and his second)

Discussion in 'Vancouver Canucks' started by Zombotron, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keslerburrows

keslerburrows Registered User

DJ Dave is so bad. Just stick with Holliday. I get chills everytime I hear it after a goal. 100 million times better then Bang bang bang....etc..

2. Intangibos

Intangibos High-End Intangibos

We need to send him a petition to bring back Holiday :<

3. VanCanucks53

VanCanucks53 Registered User

Having Green Day as our goal song is embarrassing but the memories associated with it makes it tolerable.

4. me2

me2 Go ahead foot

I'm going to float it out there, let every player pick their own goal song (subject to approval).

5. LiquidSnake

LiquidSnake Registered User

went to the game tonight.

That was a Flames fan and not a Canuck fan that threw the Flames jersey on the ice. After the Stempniak goal, him and his Flamer buddy were cheering and turning around and doing the "What??" gesture to everyone.

After the 2 goals in the second, he took his jersey off and threw it on the ice. His buddy still wore his jersey and then he was booted out for throwing it.

Iginla btw is finished. He's garbage. Cant skate worth **** and is a non factor unless the puck is on his stick and nobody is closer than 10ft around him.

Irving was bobbling the puck all game. Was inevitable that the Canucks were going to torch him.

The rest of the game you guys all saw.

Always great to see the Sedins destroy the Flames. What a terrible team. Also hilarious that as the worse they get, the less their fans come to the games.

I remember around 6-7 years ago there would be a good chunk of Flame fans at GM Place. Now, there arent many at all. Their wagons are empty.

6. TTOMO

TTOMO Registered User

I thought the Canucks were getting the better chances before Calgary scored, they were just a bit unlucky. Not like one of those nights when they couldn't buy a quality chance, like pretty much any game before the last road trip. I knew the Canucks would keep plugging away and that Irving wouldn't be able to hold it off for another 2 periods. And that's just what happened. They're turning the corner now.

7. CanadianPirate

CanadianPirate Registered User

Ahh I love watching the canucks beat the flames. Such a fun game tonight. I really like the make up of the lines. I wonder what AV's plan is for when Kesler and Booth get back. It's going to be interesting.

8. me2

me2 Go ahead foot

so long as they still show up in Calgary. As for GM place I can't blame them, it is one thing to go into the opponent's building when you have a chance, it's another when you know you going to lose you and ****** bag fans are going to hound you after a loss.

9. Hugh Mann*

Hugh Mann* Guest

I'm so happy that they won tonight. Leland Irving really didn't look very good. I missed the first period but I'm surprised they didn't score more than five on him based on the way he played in the second and third.

10. Reverend Mayhem

Reverend Mayhem Fire this man

Bikini Inspektor
    You guys tell me, what's not to like from a Vancouver POV? Our forwards our clicking quite impressively, our defense seems to starting to get our act together, and goaltending is solid as per usual. Best record we've had this early. All this without 2/3rds of our regular 2nd line and our most dynamic skater. Keep this up I think we could be watching Canucks hockey in June once again. I am very optimistic about this team right now.

11. LiveeviL

LiveeviL No unique points

The injuries can be a blessing in disguise. Those who have won in ice time and rosters spots have taken care of this responsibility in a good way. One might even say that they have grown with the task. Without the injuries this would not have happened.

So the quality of the team's forward depth might very well have increased.

12. vanuck

vanuck But Gillis...!!!

You called it...!
    [​IMG]

13. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Fire Benning

He went 18-5 against the Oilers.

14. vanuck

vanuck But Gillis...!!!

This. Love Hughson. CBC on the other hand... :facepalm:

15. tantalum

tantalum tox·ic/ˈtäksik/adjective:(1)poisonous (2)tantalum

Chemist
    I remember reading a story on him in the Yale paper. He and his roommate turned their dorm room into one giant bed.

Shocking I know....highly ranked college athletes getting some.

16. ddawg1950

ddawg1950 Registered User

Musician
    Good report.

In my view, Iginla has been done for a while now.

Calgary fans are under the impression that he is their ace in the hole when it comes to resuscitating the franchise.

They believe by trading Iginla and Kipper they will be ale to instantly re build the franchise.

Iginla can still have some (occasional) point production, but he is lazy without the puck, spends most games hanging around the opposition blue line and disappears for long stretches.

I imagine scouts and GMs are aware of this as well.

17. Johnathon Tanner

Johnathon Tanner Playoff Bound

Student
    I know this is early, but I think we're posed for deep run and maybe a cup. *touch wood*

18. Drop the Sopel

Drop the Sopel Feaster famine

I agree with the sentiment but don't think it's laziness as much as age catching up to him. It should also put into perspective what happened to Markus Naslund. A few years ago Iginla was lauded as the best leader in pro sports with the heart of a Lion-god. Now the best way to describe him is 'gutless and lazy'.

Age catches up to us all. We just have a hard time accepting it when it happens to our hockey heroes.

19. Barney Gumble

Barney Gumble Registered User

I've said this a million times; if they ever have a moment of stupidity and deal Kipper; they'll be a lottery pick team. Not basing it just on Irving's last nights performance but that guy can't even win a starters job on the Flames AHL affiliate.

I'm not quite prepared to write-off Iginla just yet - though it's getting close. Historically, he's been well known for very slow starts in the regular season. Course, this problem is magnified in a short-season.

20. Tim McCracken

Tim McCracken Good loser = LOSER!

Ya...that will last about as long as it takes Burrows and Lapierre to pick the same certain Denis Leary tune.

21. Eddy Punch Clock

Eddy Punch Clock Jack Adams 2028

Had to tape (yes...tape) the game last night because my band was playing at the Chilliwack Chiefs game. I resisted the temptation to look at the massive TV that was playing the game at the bar in the upper level, I told the drummer to distract me somehow when they show the NHL scores on the jumbrotron, I greeted anyone who came up to me to say hi first with a "I taped the game so don't say anything".

I forgot to turn the radio off in my Van after I was done listening to the pre game show. Got in my Van to go home after the Chiefs game, turned the key and the first thing I hear is Shorty saying "an impressive 4 goal victory by the Canucks" :cry:

I've been doing this for years... what a rookie mistake on my part.

Anyways, I'm still going to watch it today to see Shroeodoers first NHL goal... and to see if that poster (forgot his name) got his "Otto kicked it in" sign on TV.

22. HighAndTight

HighAndTight Pimp Squad For Life

Did MayRay lose any teeth last night?

23. Mr. Canucklehead

Mr. Canucklehead Kitimat Canuck

Awards:
    Don't think so, but I read that he needed eight (I think) stitches inside and outside of his mouth.

24. Eddy Punch Clock

Eddy Punch Clock Jack Adams 2028

I just saw Schroeders first NHL goal. :handclap:

Hughson then says he's the 31st rookie to score is first goal this season. So with Tanev being one of them, and also a GWG, I wonder how many of the other 29 rookie goals were game winners... if any.

Good times.

25. vadim sharifijanov

vadim sharifijanov ugh

ah, the messier corollary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.