Post-Game Talk: Cascadians 5, Calgarians 1: Schroeder scores his first (and his second)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
went to the game tonight.

That was a Flames fan and not a Canuck fan that threw the Flames jersey on the ice. After the Stempniak goal, him and his Flamer buddy were cheering and turning around and doing the "What??" gesture to everyone.

After the 2 goals in the second, he took his jersey off and threw it on the ice. His buddy still wore his jersey and then he was booted out for throwing it.

Iginla btw is finished. He's garbage. Cant skate worth **** and is a non factor unless the puck is on his stick and nobody is closer than 10ft around him.

Irving was bobbling the puck all game. Was inevitable that the Canucks were going to torch him.

The rest of the game you guys all saw.

Always great to see the Sedins destroy the Flames. What a terrible team. Also hilarious that as the worse they get, the less their fans come to the games.

I remember around 6-7 years ago there would be a good chunk of Flame fans at GM Place. Now, there arent many at all. Their wagons are empty.

TTOMO

Aug 30, 2011
Port Moody, BC
Just finished watching the game.
After the 1st period it seemed like it's gonna be one of those nights... Mad props to Irving.

I thought the Canucks were getting the better chances before Calgary scored, they were just a bit unlucky. Not like one of those nights when they couldn't buy a quality chance, like pretty much any game before the last road trip. I knew the Canucks would keep plugging away and that Irving wouldn't be able to hold it off for another 2 periods. And that's just what happened. They're turning the corner now.

CanadianPirate

Apr 17, 2007
Ahh I love watching the canucks beat the flames. Such a fun game tonight. I really like the make up of the lines. I wonder what AV's plan is for when Kesler and Booth get back. It's going to be interesting.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

That was a Flames fan and not a Canuck fan that threw the Flames jersey on the ice. After the Stempniak goal, him and his Flamer buddy were cheering and turning around and doing the "What??" gesture to everyone.

After the 2 goals in the second, he took his jersey off and threw it on the ice. His buddy still wore his jersey and then he was booted out for throwing it.

Iginla btw is finished. He's garbage. Cant skate worth **** and is a non factor unless the puck is on his stick and nobody is closer than 10ft around him.

Irving was bobbling the puck all game. Was inevitable that the Canucks were going to torch him.

Always great to see the Sedins destroy the Flames. What a terrible team. Also hilarious that as the worse they get, the less their fans come to the games.

I remember around 6-7 years ago there would be a good chunk of Flame fans at GM Place. Now, there arent many at all. Their wagons are empty.

so long as they still show up in Calgary. As for GM place I can't blame them, it is one thing to go into the opponent's building when you have a chance, it's another when you know you going to lose you and ****** bag fans are going to hound you after a loss.

Hugh Mann*

I'm so happy that they won tonight. Leland Irving really didn't look very good. I missed the first period but I'm surprised they didn't score more than five on him based on the way he played in the second and third.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
You guys tell me, what's not to like from a Vancouver POV? Our forwards our clicking quite impressively, our defense seems to starting to get our act together, and goaltending is solid as per usual. Best record we've had this early. All this without 2/3rds of our regular 2nd line and our most dynamic skater. Keep this up I think we could be watching Canucks hockey in June once again. I am very optimistic about this team right now.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
The injuries can be a blessing in disguise. Those who have won in ice time and rosters spots have taken care of this responsibility in a good way. One might even say that they have grown with the task. Without the injuries this would not have happened.

So the quality of the team's forward depth might very well have increased.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
js goal coming up
You called it...!
are-you-wizard.jpg

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I honestly do not know why CBC insists on giving him Leaf games. He has openly admitted to not only being a Nucks fan but prefers calling them. Hilariously, Leaf fans want Bob Cole, who Hab fans cannot stand.

They could very easily make everyone happy but choose not to.

This. Love Hughson. CBC on the other hand... :facepalm:

ddawg1950

Jul 2, 2010
Pender Island, BC Palm Desert, CA

Good report.

In my view, Iginla has been done for a while now.

Calgary fans are under the impression that he is their ace in the hole when it comes to resuscitating the franchise.

They believe by trading Iginla and Kipper they will be ale to instantly re build the franchise.

Iginla can still have some (occasional) point production, but he is lazy without the puck, spends most games hanging around the opposition blue line and disappears for long stretches.

I imagine scouts and GMs are aware of this as well.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Iginla can still have some (occasional) point production, but he is lazy without the puck, spends most games hanging around the opposition blue line and disappears for long stretches.

I agree with the sentiment but don't think it's laziness as much as age catching up to him. It should also put into perspective what happened to Markus Naslund. A few years ago Iginla was lauded as the best leader in pro sports with the heart of a Lion-god. Now the best way to describe him is 'gutless and lazy'.

Age catches up to us all. We just have a hard time accepting it when it happens to our hockey heroes.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Good report.

In my view, Iginla has been done for a while now.

Calgary fans are under the impression that he is their ace in the hole when it comes to resuscitating the franchise.

They believe by trading Iginla and Kipper they will be ale to instantly re build the franchise.

I imagine scouts and GMs are aware of this as well.
I've said this a million times; if they ever have a moment of stupidity and deal Kipper; they'll be a lottery pick team. Not basing it just on Irving's last nights performance but that guy can't even win a starters job on the Flames AHL affiliate.

I'm not quite prepared to write-off Iginla just yet - though it's getting close. Historically, he's been well known for very slow starts in the regular season. Course, this problem is magnified in a short-season.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Had to tape (yes...tape) the game last night because my band was playing at the Chilliwack Chiefs game. I resisted the temptation to look at the massive TV that was playing the game at the bar in the upper level, I told the drummer to distract me somehow when they show the NHL scores on the jumbrotron, I greeted anyone who came up to me to say hi first with a "I taped the game so don't say anything".

I forgot to turn the radio off in my Van after I was done listening to the pre game show. Got in my Van to go home after the Chiefs game, turned the key and the first thing I hear is Shorty saying "an impressive 4 goal victory by the Canucks" :cry:

I've been doing this for years... what a rookie mistake on my part.

Anyways, I'm still going to watch it today to see Shroeodoers first NHL goal... and to see if that poster (forgot his name) got his "Otto kicked it in" sign on TV.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I just saw Schroeders first NHL goal. :handclap:

Hughson then says he's the 31st rookie to score is first goal this season. So with Tanev being one of them, and also a GWG, I wonder how many of the other 29 rookie goals were game winners... if any.

Good times.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I agree with the sentiment but don't think it's laziness as much as age catching up to him. It should also put into perspective what happened to Markus Naslund. A few years ago Iginla was lauded as the best leader in pro sports with the heart of a Lion-god. Now the best way to describe him is 'gutless and lazy'.

Age catches up to us all. We just have a hard time accepting it when it happens to our hockey heroes.

ah, the messier corollary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad