Post-Game Talk: Cascadians 5, Calgarians 1: Schroeder scores his first (and his second)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
wow how is hank at 56.3% on faceoffs, i swear he was below 50% just a few games ago

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
If you told me we'd start 7-2-2 without Kesler and Booth I wouldn't have believed you.

I'm a happy camper right now.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
If you told me we'd start 7-2-2 without Kesler and Booth I wouldn't have believed you.

We won De Six-Two-Two and now De Seven-Two-Two, let's go for De Ten-Two-Two
emot-black101.gif

A ten-game win streak is 21% of the season. MMMMMMM

Last edited:

King of Anarchy

Sep 30, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC

If you told me a few months ago that we'd start 7-2-2 without Booth and Kesler, and Luongo and Schneider are going to split the games again, I probably would have admitted myself into a mental hospital.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

If we had Booth and Kesler, yet went 7-2-2 to start the season, I wouldn't have believed you then either. :laugh:

McLlwain

Trevor Forever
Jun 9, 2005
Cologne/Germany
Just finished watching the game.
After the 1st period it seemed like it's gonna be one of those nights... Mad props to Irving.

Congrats, Schroeder! So happy for the kid! :handclap:

The Flames sweater getting thrown on the ice was gold. :D

I really liked Volpatti's game tonight. He went from unnoticable (in a good way) to being a factor in the game. Great to see.

Pretty much everyone has turned it around by now. It's just tough to watch Daniel's frustration. They'll come, Danny, they'll come. Just keep doing your thing.

This Flames squad is really, really bad. Whenever Avs fans feel bad, the should watch a Flames game.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Well, looks like my reverse jinx...

I'm thinking I've been jinxing him, so here's a reverse - he won't score in this one. In fact, he'll be so bad that they'll make him last to board the team bus after the game, slam the door in his face, and then tear out of the parking lot - making sure to drive over a puddle and splash him on the way - while leaving him there standing alone, just as it starts to rain. Wait, Calgary - as it starts to snow.

...worked. What a game for Schroeder; nice deflection on the first one, and great moves to initiate the play that lead to his rebound on the second.

Thought Garrison and Hamhuis both had excellent nights defensively. Bieksa got a little Casual Kev towards the end there, Edler was mostly solid. Ballard and Tanev were mostly dependable apart from a few yikes moments.

The Twins and Burrows had a great game, and the Higgins/Lapierre/Kassian line had its second excellent game in a row. Nice to see a lot of our guys starting to find their games.

Schneider with another strong performance, as expected. Both goalies are outstanding at the moment.

I was really happy to hear that god awful "bang bang, vamanos vamanos" crap get the axe and hear the return of "Holiday". That song saw us through to the Finals in 2011, it just feels right. But frankly, they could play Enya for all I care so long as I don't hear that stupid bang-bang song again.

Not much to complain about tonight - well done boys, and congratulations to SCHROEDER!

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I was really happy to hear that god awful "bang bang, vamanos vamanos" crap get the axe and hear the return of "Holiday". That song saw us through to the Finals in 2011, it just feels right. But frankly, they could play Enya for all I care so long as I don't hear that stupid bang-bang song again.

Not much to complain about tonight - well done boys, and congratulations to SCHROEDER!

Wait, what? Holiday came back? I still heard the "Bang, bang, bang" one. :confused:

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
At the very least on Schroeder's second goal it was Holiday.

I just went back and listened to all of them. Electric Worry for the first four, Green Day for the fifth. I didn't even notice and I was at the game.

:laugh:

I love Electric Worry as our goal song, though. I think Clutch is better than Holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad