GDT: CARWAS: Workin' At the Carwash!

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Boston hasn't won a single game more than we have. They've just figured out how to get more loser points.

That **** won't work in the playoffs.

You can argue that the other way though. They’ve only lost 7 games in regulation style play all year. If they had the Canes winning % at 3 on 3 and SO they would be running way with the presidents trophy.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
You can argue that the other way though. They’ve only lost 7 games in regulation style play all year. If they had the Canes winning % at 3 on 3 and SO they would be running way with the presidents trophy.

Except, as I noted before, no one gives a shit about the President's Trophy.

Tampa ran away with the President's Trophy and then got swept by an 8 seed.

The purpose of the regular season is to get into the playoffs, with enough mojo to do some damage when you get there. That's it. And we've got just as good a chance as anybody.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
THANK you!

Anything for you.

Yeah, I think it's too early this core to be the best in the league. But we have foundation: Slavin, Pesce, Hamilton, Aho, TT, Necas and Svech. This is awesome core. Foegele is too young. Remember that Wheeler/Marchand wasn't that good in their first few seasons? Build around this and be patient.

Even Teravainen. In three years, he'll be 28. Do you know who's almost exactly three years older than Turbo and playing their age 28 season now? Artemi Panarin. There's still another level for TT.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

Weird lines. Haula centering Aho

It’s getting too obvious Wallmark has no business on the 4th line. He’s a 3rd line center. Aho with Haula and McLovin forces Aho to be the playmaker he hasn’t really been this year, and takes that responsibility off Svech on his line by putting Turbo there.

All of this makes a ton of sense, and if Williams gets up to speed gives him a spot with Aho and Haula by dropping McL to the 4th line.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

Weird lines. Haula centering Aho

I like these lines. Aho has not been dangerous at Center this year, flat out. Putting him on the wing is a good short-term move and Foegele should be able to hound pucks with that group. Svechnikov finally has someone with high-end skill on his line in Teravainen. Dzingle-Wallmark-Necas should be ok playing against other 3rd lines. Nino rightfully down on the 4th line where maybe he can find his game a bit more carrying the play.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I still think Aho is better on the wing than at C and since he's been in a bit of funk, take some responsibility off of his plate and hope to get his offense going.

You all know I've been here for a while now. I was pretty sure Roddy was, too, but things were going well. Now that he has an excuse to blend, he's moved Aho back to wing.

I love the lines. TT has somebody who can actually finish instead of Nino. And I actually think Wallmark could be a *better* center for Dzingle/Necas than Haula.

Mostly, I like that Rod is willing to try stuff. It's refreshing.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Mostly, I like that Rod is willing to try stuff. It's refreshing.
Yes, it is. Haula has looked like a catalyst to his line, and maybe this will refocus Aho. Staal may not be able to "possession" the puck into the net, but it seems to me that the possession that his line produces will be something TT can work from. I think Wallmark has made the case for 3rd-line minutes, but I don't think we're going to see much production from him, Necas, and Dzingel. Would love to see what Luostarinen could do with McGinn and Nino, but that'll never happen.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
We know how this works. The one player that cant score on each line gets all the chances.

Seems to me, all of the "players that can't score" are pretty much on 1 line now? Goals in parenthesis

Aho(23), Haula (11), Foegele(10)
Svech (18), Staal (6), TT (9)
Dzingel (8), Wallmark (10), Necas (10)

Nino (6), Martinook (2), McGinn(4)

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Damn, who would’ve predicted that Foegele, Necas, and Wallmark would all outscore TT and Dzingel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad