carter 27 goals

brown 21 goals

marty brodeur 1 goal
perezhogin 1 goal

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I don't think Carter will play with Forsberg.... Probably he will replace Forsberg when he will be injured ;)

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
David A. Rainer said:
I think 10g/15a for Brown would be a good year. And that's not to say he won't be a 30/30 guy in the future, just not at this point.
I agree. I was about to suggest that 10g/15a seemed a little low, but then realized that Brown is at the same age as Frolov was in his first season. Frolov scored 14g/17a as a rookie, and Brown is not quite the prospect that Frolov is. Brown could potentially go as high as 18g/22a, since he'll hopefully be on the 2nd line and possibly paired with Roenick, but 25-30 points would be more than a good enough year and a more likely outcome.

Jo

Mar 11, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Carter will play on the first or second line. Also will see time on the power play.
Around 20 goals

Brown also will be on a scoring line and will see pp time, but he got less offensive talent and has not the same surronding cast.
Around 15

Perezhogin is the guy with the most talent in my mind, but he's playing in montreal and will not get a lot of playing time.
Around 10-15 goals

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I don't think that Perezhogin is a lock to make the Habs this year, and even if he does then the Habs tend to break their young players in very slowly and conservatively, with a little icetime on the 4th line and a lot of time in the pressbox. Plus we have 4 kids (Perezhogin, Hossa, Higgins, Plekanec) essentially fighting for 1 or 2 spots in the lineup. And Perezhogin and Higgins could be the only two of that group who are waiver-exempt (pending any changes in the new CBA) to be moved easily up and down from the AHL.

So given all that, I would be surprised if Perezhogin got even 10 goals this coming year.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I'm a huge fan of Dustin Brown. I wouldn't be surprised if he's on one of the top two lines in L.A. and scores 25-30 goals. I also wouldn't be shocked if he makes the U.S. Olympic Team either.

Le depisteur

Feb 13, 2003
Québec
Visit site
Carter is the best sure shot (around 15 goals), but Perezhogin has the best upside for this year... If he gets the 2nd line spot with Ribeiro and Ryder, he could be easily score 20 goals... I cannot what think about Brown, will he play on the top 2 lines? I doubt... I will be very surprised if he score more than 15 goals...

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Le depisteur said:
Carter is the best sure shot (around 15 goals), but Perezhogin has the best upside for this year... If he gets the 2nd line spot with Ribeiro and Ryder, he could be easily score 20 goals... I cannot what think about Brown, will he play on the top 2 lines? I doubt... I will be very surprised if he score more than 15 goals...
Perezhogin with Ryder and Ribeiro or Carter with Forsberg and Gagne? Yea, I think i'll go with Jeff's situation by a little. I think Carter will score 25 goals this season, Brown will notch close to 20 and if Perezhogin manages to make Montreal and see some solid ice time, he'll get 15.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
JoBell said:
Carter will play on the first or second line. Also will see time on the power play.
Around 20 goals

Brown also will be on a scoring line and will see pp time, but he got less offensive talent and has not the same surronding cast.
Around 15

Perezhogin is the guy with the most talent in my mind, but he's playing in montreal and will not get a lot of playing time.
Around 10-15 goals

That seems fair.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
ClarkeMustGoDotCom said:
even if Carter doesnt play with Forsberg he will put up more goals and points then Perezoghin. Perezoghin isnt even in Carter's class as a player

Really? And what do yo base that on?

Perezhogin gets time with his country's national team, so somebody must think highly of him

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
417 TO MTL said:
Really? And what do yo base that on?

Perezhogin gets time with his country's national team, so somebody must think highly of him

im basing it on what I have seen. I never said Perezoghin isnt a good player. He is. But Jeff Carter is consitered to be one of the best(note i said one of the best) prospects not named Crosby or Ovechkin.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
ClarkeMustGoDotCom said:
im basing it on what I have seen. I never said Perezoghin isnt a good player. He is. But Jeff Carter is consitered to be one of the best(note i said one of the best) prospects not named Crosby or Ovechkin.

Have you seen Perezhogin play? I realize that Carter is one of the best prospects around, but saying Perezhogin isn't in his class is pushing it a little...I definately think he's as talented and if both players reach their potential, they should both put up great numbers.

Your acting as though it's Carter vs. Matt Foy here...Perezhogin has flown under the radar, but he's performed everywhere he's played, Russia, AHL, internationally. It's very likely that Perezhogin could have more of an impact in the NHL right away than Carter

I really like Carter...but I think that at this point in both of their careers, Perezhogin (and Brown for that matter) are a bit more advanced than Carter...I think people are expecting alot out of Carter and Richards this year...i'm not saying they can't do it, but it'll be a challenge

Le depisteur

Feb 13, 2003
Québec
Visit site
Gags1288 said:
Perezhogin with Ryder and Ribeiro or Carter with Forsberg and Gagne? Yea, I think i'll go with Jeff's situation by a little. I think Carter will score 25 goals this season, Brown will notch close to 20 and if Perezhogin manages to make Montreal and see some solid ice time, he'll get 15.

Ok... Perezhogin with Koivu and Kovalev... Do you really think Carter will play with Forsberg on the 1st line??? :dunno:

Brad*

Le depisteur said:
Ok... Perezhogin with Koivu and Kovalev... Do you really think Carter will play with Forsberg on the 1st line??? :dunno:

It's a very good possibility. In fact, I think it's likely. Clarke, Hitchcock, and Forsberg himself have all talked about it - it's a fit out of necessity because the Flyers have great center depth but poor right wing depth. As long as Carter has a solid camp and pre-season, I think he lines up with Gagne and Forsberg this season.

Le depisteur

Feb 13, 2003
Québec
Visit site
417 TO MTL said:
Have you seen Perezhogin play? I realize that Carter is one of the best prospects around, but saying Perezhogin isn't in his class is pushing it a little...I definately think he's as talented and if both players reach their potential, they should both put up great numbers.

Your acting as though it's Carter vs. Matt Foy here...Perezhogin has flown under the radar, but he's performed everywhere he's played, Russia, AHL, internationally. It's very likely that Perezhogin could have more of an impact in the NHL right away than Carter

I really like Carter...but I think that at this point in both of their careers, Perezhogin (and Brown for that matter) are a bit more advanced than Carter...I think people are expecting alot out of Carter and Richards this year...i'm not saying they can't do it, but it'll be a challenge

And Perezhogin has 2 years more than Carter... big difference... Carter is maybe a better prospect (just a little bit...), but for this year, Perezhogin is more mature, in my opinion...

Brad*

417 TO MTL said:

I don't know if I necessarily agree that they're "more advanced." Carter made the jump from the OHL to the AHL playoffs (in the most talent stacked AHL season ever) and simply dominated. He was so good he looked out of place. I think he'll be fine in the NHL this season.

He's bulked up quite a bit as well.

Le depisteur

Feb 13, 2003
Québec
Visit site
Brad said:
It's a very good possibility. In fact, I think it's likely. Clarke, Hitchcock, and Forsberg himself have all talked about it - it's a fit out of necessity because the Flyers have great center depth but poor right wing depth. As long as Carter has a solid camp and pre-season, I think he lines up with Gagne and Forsberg this season.

In this case, Carter should score more goals than Perezhogin, for sure...

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Brad said:
I don't know if I necessarily agree that they're "more advanced." Carter made the jump from the OHL to the AHL playoffs (in the most talent stacked AHL season ever) and simply dominated. He was so good he looked out of place. I think he'll be fine in the NHL this season.

He's bulked up quite a bit as well.

Jeff Carter was a man amongst boys at times during the AHL playoffs. So I really dont know if we can even say that Perezoghin is more mature or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->