Player Discussion: Carter Verhaeghe

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He was impressive start to finish. Definitely looked like he belongs in the NHL. I'm assuming he plays 3C, maybe even after Point gets back. I don't think a rookie year similar to Cirelli's, offensively, is out of the question.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
He was impressive start to finish. Definitely looked like he belongs in the NHL. I'm assuming he plays 3C, maybe even after Point gets back. I don't think a rookie year similar to Cirelli's, offensively, is out of the question.

Where does Cirelli play?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Let's hope Verhaeghe puts up good numbers and helps us with the cap situation just to piss off everyone.

Reactions: DaBolts

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Re: loading up the top line...

One of the dirty little secrets of last season is even strength, the top two lines weren't particularly special. I mean, Kucherov got his points, but he's going to do that regardless. Meanwhile, 40 of Stamkos' 98 points were on the PP (plus 2 short handed), aand 35 of Point's 92 were on the PP. There is room for improvement there, and I think loading up might *not* be that bad of an idea.

It has the added benefit of meaning after a PP we aren't forced to shuffle lines around for 3 minutes to rest players, and loading up after a PK doesn't disrupt the rest of the lines either.

I don't know if/how long it will last, but I just want it to be known that I don't think it's a per se bad idea.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
I'm excited to see what this kid can do, he had a great preseason. I think we might have found another diamond in the rough.

waterboy65

Jul 7, 2017
CV has sort of snuck up on me! I realize that he was one of the leading point scorers in the AHL last year but he really had not been a hyped prospect! Obviously MSL and Marshessault show that really good players can come out of no where and need not be great junior players! That said, I have no clue on how this will go! I can see CV scoring 2 points in the next month and being back in the AHL or I can see him score a few goals here early on and building a solid NHL career as a 3/4 line Centerman.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
hes near the top of the team in on-ice stats

giphy.gif

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
He hasn't been bad, hasn't been on the ice with a lot of goals scored or even shots against, his line has had it's share of offensive zone time and shots, he just can't finish and his linemates haven't really either. So I can see why his advanced stats are good. His play has been average, I thought he would transition much better but he's playing way too scared to make a mistake which is killing what made him so good in Syracuse.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->