Confirmed with Link: Carter Verhaeghe signs with the Panthers 2 years/1 million AAV

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
So what do we have for center depth now?

Barkov
???/Haula/UFA
Saarela
Verhaeghe

?

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Clear downgrade from Wallmart. Zito has to make up for in the top9.

Lol?

this guys is basically the dreidger of bottom 6 forwards. 25 years old, ECHL, AHL experience. Now helps Tampa win a cup. That’s the kind of hard working attitude you need. All of our guys for years have thought things should be handed to them. This is part of changing the culture.

Thomas Colavecchio

Mar 24, 2019
Lol?

this guys is basically the dreidger of bottom 6 forwards. 25 years old, ECHL, AHL experience. Now helps Tampa win a cup. That’s the kind of hard working attitude you need. All of our guys for years have thought things should be handed to them. This is part of changing the culture.
Here here Bat...
At least Mr Z is proving to the entire roster that the status quo in no longer good in town!
Hopefully if we can't dump Yandle he gets the message...if not, maybe Gudas kicks his ass after practice and that ends his streak?
Just sayin...

Reactions: Cold Cat

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
People saying he's a downgrade for Wallmart.

He's not a center.

Took 18 faceoffs all of the season.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
When I saw him play. I liked him a lot. Just like I liked Marchessault the little I saw him play with Tampa

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
My friend who's a bolts fan said he's Marschessault-esque in the fact that he didn't get a lot of minutes with TB but could be really good given more opportunities. Said he was often scratched but played well when he got a shot.

Glad DT isnt anymore at the Helm or watch him go to Seattle lol

Reactions: I am not exposed

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
My friend who's a bolts fan said he's Marschessault-esque in the fact that he didn't get a lot of minutes with TB but could be really good given more opportunities. Said he was often scratched but played well when he got a shot.
I am also a Lightning fan and this is all accurate. Obviously had limited opportunities in Tampa, especially in the top-9, but he's more skilled than your usual 4th liner. I think he'd be at least a 3rd liner on a lot of teams. If anything he was honestly pretty snake bitten in the playoffs. Also as was pointed out he tore up the AHL.

He is sort of like Marchessault in that even when he did play, there was never much of an opportunity to fully utilize his skillset considering he was almost always playing with Paquette and Maroon. Both additional minutes and more skilled linemates could lead to a really productive season from a guy who was already pretty productive on a per 60 basis.

Idk about possession numbers and advanced metrics and all that, this is just my perspective as someone who watched him play quite a bit. I was disappointed he was leaving a team I like in Tampa, but hyped when I found out he was joining another team I like in Florida.

Bottom line is he's young, pretty skilled, and could potentially be really productive with an increased opportunity. That imo is well worth the contract they gave him.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Compare Marchessault and Verhaeghe. They are eerily similar.
Tore up the AHL for year.
Next year played a little more than half the season with Tampa (at age 25).
March had slightly better raw numbers and advanced stats, but the stats are quite similar.

Super glad we got him. My wishlist is being fulfilled between he and Wennberg. Just gotta get Hoffman next.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Compare Marchessault and Verhaeghe. They are eerily similar.
Tore up the AHL for year.
Next year played a little more than half the season with Tampa (at age 25).
March had slightly better raw numbers and advanced stats, but the stats are quite similar.

Super glad we got him. My wishlist is being fulfilled between he and Wennberg. Just gotta get Hoffman next.
Just in time to repeat our expansion draft shenanigans

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
If Verhaeghe is even close to March, it’s an obvious steal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad