News Article: Carter NHL 3rd star of the week

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
NHL'S 3rd star of last week is Jeff Carter

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=659552&navid=DL|NHL|home

interesting stat:

In 539 career NHL games, the London, Ont., native has 219-177—396 and 46 game-winning goals.

THat's over 21% and that's pretty damn good.

Bob gets 1st star a nd well deserved.

ANd I love Bob. Good for him, if anybody saw either game (back to back w/Detroit or the Canuc ks game earlier, hewas outstanding) Good for Bobk, a very talented young goalie with a great attitude and work ethic that the Flyers threw away(HUGE MISTAKE) He's got a great future w/the BJ's and w Davidson running the ship, he'll do for them what he did for the blues. BJ's have won their last 5 games.

Last edited:

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
awesome, if he would of scored important not blowout goals he may have got first star

DaAnimal

May 8, 2009
Pasadena
NHL'S 3rd star of last week is Jeff Carter

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=659552&navid=DL|NHL|home

interesting stat:

In 539 career NHL games, the London, Ont., native has 219-177—396 and 46 game-winning goals.

THat's over 21% and that's pretty damn good.

Bob gets 1st stat a nd well deserved.

ANd I love Bob. Good for him, if anybody saw either game (back to back w/Detroit or the Canuc ks game earlier, hewas outstanding) Good for Bobk, a very talented young goalie with a great attitude and work ethic that the Flyers threw away(HUGE MISTAKE) He's got a great future w/the BJ's and w Davidson running the ship, he'll do for them what he did for the blues. BJ's have won their last 5 games.

Clutch stats. IMO, Carts is having a P. Bondra season :)

Good for Bob. I like watching him play. BJ's will be a good team within the next two years as long as they draft well. 3 1st rounders this year. Wouldn't it be funny if they drafted Seth Jones, McKannon, and Jonathan Drouin at the same time lol.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Good for Bob. I like watching him play. BJ's will be a good team within the next two years as long as they draft well. 3 1st rounders this year. Wouldn't it be funny if they drafted Seth Jones, McKannon, and Jonathan Drouin at the same time lol.

They drafted pretty good last year and with 3 picks and the need for upgrading their forwards, I wouldbn't be surprised if they flipped one in a trade for a top 6 forward.

Either way, Davidson is one of the smartest hockey guys in the business, he'll do right by them.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Three flyers stars (JVR, Bob, Carter) traded by the flyers for being failed projects all having great seasons. Hilarious. Can't wait to see the overreaction trade they make in response to this year.

Good for Carter to get some recognition. I hope he can keep up this pace. It's nice to see him doing so well.

And I agree it would be nice to see the BJs get some great young talent. Their fans have suffered a lot over the years.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Three flyers stars (JVR, Bob, Carter) traded by the flyers for being failed projects all having great seasons. Hilarious. Can't wait to see the overreaction trade they make in response to this year.

And ever year here in Philly that scares me because like the flu, you know it' s only a matter of time.
Big Ed is pushing 80 and getting more irrational. And although the Flyer are not elite or a contender, and he should just leave the youngsters alone, he won't.
I'd ride ouit the year, get rid of the deadwood, buy out Danny B (and 2 more years at 7 mill) and try to find a decent D in Free Agnecy or trade up to get Seth Jones) if they don't make the playoffs, the should be int he top 10.
But Ed generally doesn't do that...and he'll make another bad move.
I'm still angry about JVR ....and wondering on who the next sacrificial lamb will be

KingKopitar11*

Carter has been money. I think his goals made Kopitar get on track faster. Maybe Kopi realized that the top goal scorer on the team isn't him anymore because Kopi is scoring a goal or so every game now. I think Carters goal totals sort of woke him up.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
And ever year here in Philly that scares me because like the flu, you know it' s only a matter of time.
Big Ed is pushing 80 and getting more irrational. And although the Flyer are not elite or a contender, and he should just leave the youngsters alone, he won't.
I'd ride ouit the year, get rid of the deadwood, buy out Danny B (and 2 more years at 7 mill) and try to find a decent D in Free Agnecy or trade up to get Seth Jones) if they don't make the playoffs, the should be int he top 10.
But Ed generally doesn't do that...and he'll make another bad move.
I'm still angry about JVR ....and wondering on who the next sacrificial lamb will be

It's looking more like Couturier now after he had a sub par year and they have a lot of centers. That would be my guess but I don't think it's a good idea to say the least. However, if they have another year like this one, they might trade Giroux. Yes, I believe Ed really is that crazy.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
I just noticed now, but Jeff Carter has at least one goal in nine of his last ten games. That's crazy!

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Clutch stats. IMO, Carts is having a P. Bondra season :)

Is he related to MR??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad