Recalled/Assigned: Carter Hart recalled

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
He'll be fine. Certainly a mature, well spoken young man.

The vacuous, boring, mouth breathing Hak FINALLY being gone will rejuvenate the players and fans.

The WFC will be rocking!

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Fletcher is super likable. Seems like a genuine dude.

Seems to me that Bob Clarke is behind the hire. I trust him a hell of a lot more than Holmgren, but he’s botched a couple hires, too. This one I get a pretty good feeling so far.
Well let's hope that is the case bc the Hextall and Hakstol era has got to be the most nondescript ever. Turned the Flyers brand into bland. Fletcher better get some mojo back into this organization. If not, there will be calls to Fire "Feltcher....."

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I'm not at all impressed by Fletcher so far. There's no excuse for Lappy still being here. Not being able to get the coach you want isn't a feather in his cap either.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I still am against this call up. If he succeeds right away, it'll be more a fluke than anything.

The team is in shambles, so he'll probably get a lot of pucks his way.

I am typically against throwing a goalie right into the fire. His pedigree likely gave him this opportunity where most normally wouldn't have been given the responsibility so soon.

Fletcher's comment about trying everything else is both hilarious and depressing. What happens if Hart isn't the answer in 2018? The whole league knows the Flyers are in need of goaltending; can't imagine a good deal out there if Fletcher feels he has to go the trade route.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Fletcher is super likable. Seems like a genuine dude.

Seems to me that Bob Clarke is behind the hire. I trust him a hell of a lot more than Holmgren, but he’s botched a couple hires, too. This one I get a pretty good feeling so far.
Clarke wasn’t even allowed near the team it seems when Hextall was running the show. But you think this is his type of hire? He hasn’t been giving input on this stuff for over 4 years. Not saying he wasn’t advising the process and giving his opinion but to “theorize” this his hire is outlandish

Everyone can say what they want about Holmgren. He was what he was as a GM. He seems to have a different outlook on the game now. He also was the primary source of the new GM hiring and interviewing. Not sure how one can even think there is a different outlook on that honestly unless you just have a bias against Homer and think he couldn’t make a good pick for GM.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Clarke wasn’t even allowed near the team it seems when Hextall was running the show. But you think this is his type of hire? He hasn’t been giving input on this stuff for over 4 years. Not saying he wasn’t advising the process and giving his opinion but to “theorize” this his hire is outlandish

Everyone can say what they want about Holmgren. He was what he was as a GM. He seems to have a different outlook on the game now. He also was the primary source of the new GM hiring and interviewing. Not sure how one can even think there is a different outlook on that honestly unless you just have a bias against Homer and think he couldn’t make a good pick for GM.

Bob Clarke sat next to Hextall in the press box fairly often when he was in town. Hextall even had Bob Clarke travel with the team on a road trip around the trade deadline a year or two ago. He actually seems like one of the few people Hextall trusted.

And it’s not “outlandish” to think Bob Clarke had a lot to do with the Fletcher hire. Clarke hired him & worked with him in Florida, & there have been plenty of articles indicating Clarke was heavily involved. Here’s one: Bob Clarke helped convince Paul Holmgren that Chuck Fletcher was right choice

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Well let's hope that is the case bc the Hextall and Hakstol era has got to be the most nondescript ever. Turned the Flyers brand into bland. Fletcher better get some mojo back into this organization. If not, there will be calls to Fire "Feltcher....."
I definitely think the loss of identity had a lot to do with Hextall’s ouster, as well it should have.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Bob Clarke sat next to Hextall in the press box fairly often when he was in town. Hextall even had Bob Clarke travel with the team on a road trip around the trade deadline a year or two ago. He actually seems like one of the few people Hextall trusted.

And it’s not “outlandish” to think Bob Clarke had a lot to do with the Fletcher hire. Clarke hired him & worked with him in Florida, & there have been plenty of articles indicating Clarke was heavily involved. Here’s one: Bob Clarke helped convince Paul Holmgren that Chuck Fletcher was right choice
Oops. I missed those reports. I honestly thought he was one that was thrown to the curb by Hexy.

Still, I believe Homer has always utilized his people as the GM. We may not have liked his style but he would listen. It a huge reason Hexy is gone. And homer is trusted probably.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I don't like this at all. With recent instability in the d and a new coach and system it's a really awkward tome to introduce a rookie goalie especially one with as high expectations as hart. Maybe the team rallies around protecting the kid and tightens up or he could get shelled.id have liked to At least have him around for a few practices but i guess its into the deep end he goes

Reactions: Freddy The Fog

x DeCruze

Dec 7, 2012
I'm not at all impressed by Fletcher so far. There's no excuse for Lappy still being here. Not being able to get the coach you want isn't a feather in his cap either.
He very likely wants to let the new head coach have say on who he wants as assistants rather than hire a new one right now and the new coach stuck with that choice.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I still am against this call up. If he succeeds right away, it'll be more a fluke than anything.

The team is in shambles, so he'll probably get a lot of pucks his way.

I am typically against throwing a goalie right into the fire. His pedigree likely gave him this opportunity where most normally wouldn't have been given the responsibility so soon.

Fletcher's comment about trying everything else is both hilarious and depressing. What happens if Hart isn't the answer in 2018? The whole league knows the Flyers are in need of goaltending; can't imagine a good deal out there if Fletcher feels he has to go the trade route.
Worst case is Hart plays one game then goes back down to AHL and Lyon comes up with Neuvirth. And Stolie could be back in 2 weeks. So there are options in house.

I would like to hear more on Elliotts condition.

But teams already know the Flyers are in a bad spot if he are trading for a goalie right now. Hart playing in NHL or AHL doesn't change that. Trade freeze is tomorrow...so let's see if anything gets done.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Lol. You weren’t excited with Giroux?
Not that I wasn't excited, just not like this. Maybe Pitkanen was another one I was really psyched for. Everyone else obviously you want to see and see play well but Hart and Patrick there is a lot of hype and excitement that wasn't really there for Giroux, at least not for me. Maybe I didn't think he would have a franchise changing impact like a Hart or Patrick might (obviously he did have that impact but a decade ago I didn't necessarily think that was going to happen).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad