Recalled/Assigned: Carter Hart recalled

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
Carter Hart called up by Flyers with Anthony Stolarz's injury

In case you were wondering, the record for most goalies played by a single team in one season is 7 (three way tie). The first team to break the record was the Quebec Nordiques in 1989-90. Oddly enough, one of those goalies was Scott Gordon.

If Hart sees ice time, that would be 6, and if the Flyers trade for a goalie (good possibility), they will tie the record at 7. 8 would be pushing it.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
f*** it let's get to 11.

giphy.gif

Statsman1

Oct 31, 2014
Leafs fan here, but the Flyers are my #2 team, and I am a big Carter Hart fan. I would love for him to get the starting role for this team.

Is he going to get a good look this year, do you think? Or is he just holding a place until Elliott gets back, and then he makes the team next year?

Also heard that the Flyers might be interested in signing Bobrovsky, which would torpedo Hart's chances of the #1 role for likely 3-5 years, if true, wouldn't it?

Reactions: Legion of Gloom

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Leafs fan here, but the Flyers are my #2 team, and I am a big Carter Hart fan. I would love for him to get the starting role for this team.

Is he going to get a good look this year, do you think? Or is he just holding a place until Elliott gets back, and then he makes the team next year?

Also heard that the Flyers might be interested in signing Bobrovsky, which would torpedo Hart's chances of the #1 role for likely 3-5 years, if true, wouldn't it?

I don’t think there’s a goalie in the league who’s a lock as a starter for the next 3-5 years

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
This isn’t a good move in my opinion.

You’re throwing a young kid with high expectations to perform where the D can’t stop anyone. Why put this kid in the dumpster fire only to stir it up? It’s arguably the rarest thing in hockey for a goaltender to be 10 games removed from the Jr level, into the AHL, and be a mainstay in the NHL. I don’t know who the last one was, but Marc-Andre Fleury as the #1 pick couldn’t even do it until he was +3 years after his draft

James Dirksin

Oct 28, 2018
Good chance he plays Tuesday as I am not sure Neuvirth can play a hole game with out getting hurt or letting in 3-4 soft goals.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas

You’re throwing a young kid with high expectations to perform where the D can’t stop anyone. Why put this kid in the dumpster fire only to stir it up? It’s arguably the rarest thing in hockey for a goaltender to be 10 games removed from the Jr level, into the AHL, and be a mainstay in the NHL. I don’t know who the last one was, but Marc-Andre Fleury as the #1 pick couldn’t even do it until he was +3 years after his draft

His defense in Philadelphia is actually better than the one he has in LHV. He'll be fine.

PhillyFaninMTL

Mar 30, 2016
Montreal
The current Carter Hart situation reminds me of the Carey Price situation from roughly 10 years ago. Both had illustrious WHL careers and started in the AHL in their draft +3 seasons (only difference is that Price played in the AHL playoffs the year before)

Both had rough AHL starts but were steadily improving until they were recalled midseason (both had roughly .900 save % when they moved on to the NHL)

Carey Price was mishandled from the get-go in Montreal. He didnt have the greatest first season, fans gave up on him really early and wanted them to dump him and keep Halak. I envision the same thing happening in Philly with the current state of the team.

That being said, even with the mishandling, Carey still managed to win a Hart and Vezina. So while I would much rather we stay patient with Carter, I think he's too talented to be ruined and will eventually thrive once the pieces fall into place for this team.

Freddy The Fog

Don't live in the fast lane. Live on the off ramp
Aug 3, 2005

They need to trade for a defenseman that knows the game and can play it with wisdom. Someone who can pass on some positioning sense and ethics to his yound teammates and someone who had an off year who may be potentially available. Need to stabilize the defense!!!!!

I'd like Duncan Keith.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
They need to trade for a defenseman that knows the game and can play it with wisdom. Someone who can pass on some positioning sense and ethics to his yound teammates and someone who had an off year who may be potentially available. Need to stabilize the defense!!!!!

I'd like Duncan Keith.
Gettin slower on the blue line won’t help. Keith May still be a good Dman, but he isn’t the person to target.

Ghost needs a sound partner (Parayko or Muzzin) which may break the bank when trading or targeting such. Provorov needs to be sheltered (taken off PP2, PK full time, and maybe situated against 2nd lines). Sanheim is ready to step up and see what he can do in the high risk situation as a top pairing D. Maybe pull a

Provorov - Sanheim and Ghost - Gudas

Switched off between good pairing lines since they’re at home Tuesday against DET.

The players didn’t want to play for Hakstol at the end. That falls on the players, so we may see a turnaround. The sad thing is that it may be too late.

Throwing Hart into this dumpster fire isn’t sound for development. That’s like putting TK on the 4th line, using Patrick as a shutdown C, or pairing Provorov with MacDonald- all favorites of Hakstol.

Reactions: klutch

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Well, if he can succeed in this shit show, he may be a star. If not, I don't blame him.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Just occurred to me because Pens/Ducks is on, but Gibson did get a short 3 game NHL stint at age 20 and was great. He then split time between AHL and NHL for the next 2 seasons before becoming full time starter. He was an equally respected prospect.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

HART2019

Dec 15, 2018
All that matters in a goalies development is playing time. If he gets lit up a few games its fine. Committing to him is the first step in succeeding with him as our goalie of the future. IMHO if he comes up play him, if he's going to back up send him down.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
It was pretty funny to see people post that it was (Hart being called up) a conspiracy to distract fans from Hakstol not being fired.

Y'all got exposeddddddd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad