Carter Hart: A Thread

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Could it maybe possibly be a good idea to send Hart down to the AHL so he can get his game together without being under so much pressure?

Reactions: Beef Invictus

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Carter Hart

4 starts this year giving up 3 or more goals.

2 start this year giving up 2 or less.

17 starts last year giving up 3 or more goals

14 starts giving up 2 or less.

That's 21 to 16.

Not shockingly, the Flyers are 12-4 when Hart gives up 2 or less goals. 5-11 when he gives up 3 or more.

In 36 starts - coming close to a full season's worth of starts. .911 SV% and a 2.91 GAA.

The kid has a wealth of talent, no doubt, but was it too soon to rely on him to be a 40+ start goalie in the NHL? This is coming from a great man on another board so I figured I'd post it here for all the numbers posters.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Carter Hart

That's 21 to 16.

Not shockingly, the Flyers are 12-4 when Hart gives up 2 or less goals. 5-11 when he gives up 3 or more.

In 36 starts - coming close to a full season's worth of starts. .911 SV% and a 2.91 GAA.

The kid has a wealth of talent, no doubt, but was it too soon to rely on him to be a 40+ start goalie in the NHL? This is coming from a great man on another board so I figured I'd post it here for all the numbers posters.
Who are you, and what have you done with Hatcher?

MODS, this account ^^^ has been hacked!

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Carter Hart

That's 21 to 16.

Almost sounds like Hextall knew what he was talking about to wait a bit more before they handed him the keys...

Reactions: Larry44

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Worry about your Rangers. Lord knows there are enough problems.
Simmer down, I wasn't posting to be a jerk, I am a big fan of Hart and want to see him succeed even though he is on a rival team. Not everyone that posts cross forum is doing so to be a jerk...

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Simmer down, I wasn't posting to be a jerk, I am a big fan of Hart and want to see him succeed even though he is on a rival team. Not everyone that posts cross forum is doing so to be a jerk...

Seems like they only show up during struggles though..which is what you did.

Reactions: Tripod

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Seems like they only show up during struggles though..which is what you did.
So my comment that hextall might have been right backing up a point someone else made in this thread is automatically meant to be salt in the wound? Please be a little more secure. I'm not saying it as a prick, I'm saying it from a developmental standpoint that Hart may need some of the pressure off him. Especially with an AV team. Unfortunately AV has always had the mo of overly relying on elite goaltending. Hart can provide that, but as the rest of the team adjusts to AV's ways and defensive scheme it seems a large burden for this kid to hold the fort in the mean time. And so I agreed with Hatcher's comments and acknowledged the stats he listed. I wasn't lobbing grenades at the flyers or their fams.R he's gonna be just fine in time.

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
He has actually had more "great" games so far this year than last strangely... even though he is at .904 vs .914.

Just that weird little skid of 3 really poor games. Last year he probably had ~3 bad games total out of 31.

Getting pulled in three games will eschew the stats a little. The kid was the reason the Flyers got a point last night. I think he robbed Wilson 3 separate times. I expect him to make the save again...when it goes in; its a surprise. I am a life-long Flyers fan..... and I just said that about a goalie...a Flyers goalie. Wow...

Reactions: Appleyard

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hellebuyck, 5th rd pick, came up at 22, started at 23
Kuemper, 6th rd pick, came up at 23, career backup until he was 28
Binington, 3rd rd pick, came up at 25 and won a SC
Andersen, 7th rd pick, came up at 24, started at 25
Koskinen, 2nd rd pick, came over from KHL at age 30, hmm, that contract doesn't look as stupid as some thought
Grubauer, 4th rd pick, came up at 22, sent down, back up at 24, career backup until this year at 28
Rask 1st rd pick, starter at 22
Hart, 2nd rd pick, starter at 21
Markstrom, 2nd rd pick, came up at 23, became a starter at 28
Hutton, UDFA, came up at 28
Holtby, 4th rd, starter at 23
Gibson, 2nd rd, came up at 21, starter at 22
Price, #5, started at 20
Bishop, 3rd rd, came up at 26, started at 27

Looking at the top goalies so far this season, lot's of middle round picks, good reason to pick one every year.
And most goalies don't start until their mid-20s, someone like Hart is rare.

Makes you think people shouldn't be writing off Lyon - 26 (27 in December),
2016-17: .912 AHL
2017-18: .913 AHL, .905 Flyers (.944 in 11 AHL PO games)
2018-19: .916 AHL
2019-20: .921 AHL
injured to start last season or I think he'd have even better AHL numbers
that kind of steady improvement deserves a shot at a backup spot

Also suggests there's plenty of time for Sandstrom et al to refine their game, it's more reasonable to expect them to emerge between 23-25 than be the next Hart.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
The kids a stud. So much so that he can make you forget hes 21 and a second year player who should be easing into the starter role. Hes won us a few games so far but theres gonna be growing pains. Lets not do anything drastic like send him down he needs to get experience against nhl shooters and comfortable with his d pairings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->