Prospect Info: Carter Berger (D) (2019, #106 overall), Victoria Grizzlies (BCHL)

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
With the 106th pick in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft,
The Florida Panthers are proud to select:

Carter Berger - D
Victoria Grizzlies - (BCHL)

berger225.jpg

Carter Berger at eliteprospects.com

Last edited by a moderator:

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
From The Hockey News:

Carter Berger, LHD (Victoria, BCHL – No. 157 NA)
Another overager, Berger was one of the most improved defensemen this season, increasing his point total to 63 after netting 34 points the campaign prior. Some of the success Alex Newhook and Alexander Campbell had in Victoria has to be attributed to Berger’s play on the back end, as he was the one who set up rushes for the duo. The NCAA Connecticut commit received a lot of attention during his time with Team Canada West at the World Junior A Challenge.

Tequila Sunrise

Jun 20, 2019
Broward
Looking forward to seeing what he does at the collegiate level. Uconn hockey isn't the best, but hopefully he can take what he learned in BCHL and build on it in College.

Reactions: klabob

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Victoria Grizzlies fan here.

Loved watching Berger this past season, he's an absolutely brilliant skater and is very fast. Hands down one of if not the best in the draft. He's great at using his skating to cover ice when hustling back or defending the rush and is good with his stick.

He likes to carry the puck, but sometimes too much as he should be looking for an option to feed a quick, accurate outlet pass rather than skate the puck, especially when the game gets tighter as the leagues get better.

His wrist shot is very quick and accurate; could stand to work on the slapshot. He's pretty slight so he's gonna need to put on some muscle for sure.

A guy that could pan out if the Panthers are patient and his IQ translates to the pro leagues.

Last edited:

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
He is now at Western Michigan and had a significant boost in points in his first season (Is there a way to edit the header to reflect that?)

Has he done enough to earn an ELC or is he more likely to start his pro career in either the ECHL or elsewhere?

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
He is now at Western Michigan and had a significant boost in points in his first season (Is there a way to edit the header to reflect that?)

Has he done enough to earn an ELC or is he more likely to start his pro career in either the ECHL or elsewhere?
I didn't realize he was on Western Michigan this year. I was kind of wondering what happened with UCONN, but the transfer portal open another level that I don't really understand.
Because he was in school when covid happened, I believe he's eligible for another year of NCAA hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad