Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
On a serious note this does surprise me. Obviously an incidental play. I expected a fine. I imagine after the hearing that Soucy will explain it's obviously an accident and the result of Zadorov.

Spin the wheel of dops strikes again though lol.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Of course it’s a contributing factor. The Oilers have one line playing 30 minutes a night.
Physical play on those guys is a huge factor in the series.
Is it slowing down the top line tho? What might be slowing them down is the uncalled crosschecks.

If Skinner was playing even just playing below average, we'd win all 3 games. Instead we getting all time shitty goaltending from Skinner

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Dude, that was such a light tap, it wasn't anything. Soucy didn't slash McDavid back because it hurt, he did it because he got slashed first.
I’m not sure what your point is. My point has always been that @NyQuil ‘s assertion that this type of slash happens dozens of times a game was hilarious hyperbole. I’m not saying it’s unprecedented, or even suspension worthy, just that this isn’t a regular event. Which is obviously the case and really shouldn’t be contested by anyone.

• Haha
Reactions: NyQuil

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Of course I’ll keep thinking that. Why do you think teams throw hits. Are you new to hockey?
As for Skinner and Pickard we will just have to disagree. I suspect most of your own fan base would agree with me.
Teams throw hits for a number of reasons. I've been a hockey fan for 40 years, so keep your condescending b.s. to yourself. If hits were all that mattered in hockey and guaranteed wins, we never would have seen the league move away from the Broad Street Bully mentality of the early-mid 70s. You are overstating the importance of it, and I suspect you know that.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
You can hit when your team has the puck.

Isn’t the statistical definition of a hit pretty much exclusively contact with a player carrying the puck (or a ‘finished check’ on a playing having just passed it)?

I mean players can bump and jostle one another all over the ice, puck or no puck. But the statistical counter that is “hits” generally reflects physical contact by the defending team to the current or recent puck carrier on the puck-controlling team.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
The only reason Soucy got his face is because Zadarov 3rd manned with a crosscheck to McDavid's lower back.
Should be a hearing for Zadarov, not Soucy..
A hearing for a 2 minute minor?

You folks have lost the plot. Just fold the Canadian teams already so the rest of us can get back to the game we love.

Canucklehead94

Jul 5, 2012
theralist.ca
On a serious note this does surprise me. Obviously an incidental play. I expected a fine. I imagine after the hearing that Soucy will explain it's obviously an accident and the result of Zadorov.

Spin the wheel of dops strikes again though lol.
It should be a max fine. It'll probably be two games because McDavid needs protecting.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Is it slowing down the top line tho?

If Skinner was playing even just playing below average, we'd win all 3 games. Instead we getting all time shitting goaltending from Skinner
I thought McDavid and Drai looked pretty average last night with a point a piece. I think that and playing 30 tough minutes is definitely slowing them down. That’s how every team approaches the Oilers in the playoffs.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I’m not sure what your point is. My point has always been that @NyQuil ‘s assertion that this type of slash happens dozens of times a game was hilarious hyperbole. I’m not saying it’s unprecedented, or even suspension worthy, just that this isn’t a regular event. Which is obviously the case and really shouldn’t be contested by anyone.
Depends on what he means by "like this", because your hyperbole in explaining the slash is more egregious than him suggesting slashes "like this" happen every game. Do light slashes happen and not get called a lot during games? Absolutely, this was a light slash like those. Do they happen on the hip when two guys are yapping at one another? No, they don't. Was this some horrific "lumberjacking/baseball swing"? No. Not even close.

Reactions: NyQuil

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Yeh, rest of the Oilers should've visited Nucks dressing room after the game
. Lol @ urself.. as if there were replays shown of what actually happened to McD. Focus was on the puck and the net.
And yet every single analyst I have listened to today has expressed disappointment in the lack of response by the Oilers …. I guess everyone else is wrong …weird…

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
All the outrage over an altercation that McDavid instantly got up from / wasn’t even close to being injured on tells me Oilers and their fans feel like the refs gifting them powerplays won’t be enough to help them win and have escalated to thinking the NHL to remove players they don’t like from the opposition roster is their only chance of winning.
Soucy is getting absolutely caved on HDSC this series.

It’s worse if he gets suspended for the Oilers.

So there goes whatever bull**** narrative you were trying to spin.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Zadorov coming in as 3rd man from behind and hitting him in a very vulnerable spot and causing the face cross check was worse, but optically I get why Soucey is the one with the hearing.

Weakest baseball swing ever. The rest of your post is easily ignored when you start with that trash.
McDavid's actions would never result in injury, very loaded language being used about it.

Weakest baseball swing ever. The rest of your post is easily ignored when you start with that trash.
McDavid's actions would never result in injury, very loaded language being used about it.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Teams throw hits for a number of reasons. I've been a hockey fan for 40 years, so keep your condescending b.s. to yourself. If hits were all that mattered in hockey and guaranteed wins, we never would have seen the league move away from the Broad Street Bully mentality of the early-mid 70s. You are overstating the importance of it, and I suspect you know that.
They throw hits to wear the other team down. Judging by McDrai’s play last night 5 vs 5 it’s working. That and the Oilers coach playing them 30 minutes a night should favour the Canucks as the series progresses.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I thought McDavid and Drai looked pretty average last night with a point a piece. I think that and playing 30 tough minutes is definitely slowing them down. That’s how every team approaches the Oilers in the playoffs.
Playing that line together isn't ideal either. That's something our fanbase has often questioned too. When we're trailing, or when he wants to get a quick lead or something, Knoblauch tends to put them on the same line, and then double shifts. Trust us, we agree that that we need more balance in deployment. It's a bit of the chicken or egg conversation - do we play the bottom 9 more so they have a better chance to produce, or are they not producing, so we need to play them less? There's no right answer.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
What a joke! The amount of shit McDavid gets away with is ridiculous. And this nothing play that had multiplying factors from Zadorov pushing McDavid causing the cross check to hit his face is total bullshit.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Response will be next game
From who? I’m sure both teams will be warned by the league.
Personally I hope that the Oilers do try to retaliate just like the Leaf players did against Marchand. Canucks PP looks to have come back to life.
The Canucks are keeping their eye on the bigger prize which is winning the series. If the Oilers get distracted I think that favours Vancouver.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Generational superstar nearly had his neck broken off a dirty play. How will the NHL respond? With incompetence is my guess.

The fact that this play happened after the final whistle with the potential to injure and change an entire series should be a consideration by the NHL. But im not holding my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad