Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
IMG_1641.jpeg

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
They’re facing supplemental discipline because it was on McDavid. It doesn’t even get reviewed if it’s a scrum with any other player.
They're facing supplemental discipline because crosschecking players in the face is something the league frowns on, as well as being the third man in to an altercation.

You have to be insane to think the league does even a halfway acceptable job of protecting McDavid, never mind favouring him.

Reactions: nabob

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Meh, I'm fine with Juulsen going in for a game or two, won't matter all that much.

Wonder which Oiler is gonna step up and fight Zadorov? Or are they just going to try to hug it out like they did last night.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
They’re facing supplemental discipline because it was on McDavid. It doesn’t even get reviewed if it’s a scrum with any other player.
Well this seems bogus. McDavid could have potentially had a broken neck. When the play happened live and the camera cut away immediately after the crosscheck it definitely crossed my mind that we weren't going to be seeing McDavid getting up from that. This play would be getting attention from DoPS regardless of who the player getting cross-checked was. Greasy f***ing play, it's embarrassing to defend this trash.

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
Meh, I'm fine with Juulsen going in for a game or two, won't matter all that much.

Wonder which Oiler is gonna step up and fight Zadorov? Or are they just going to try to hug it out like they did last night.
If Zadorov can put his crayons down long enough to fight that is.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Campbell was a decent player that just can't handle the load as a starter from what I remember. He could play decent in stretches but needed rest.

As per the "assault" maybe 97 should not act like a tough guy after the buzzer. He brought it all on himself and that's plain to see for everyone. Unfortunate how it looked as he fell like a house of cards but he started whole situation. He's clearly frustrated and Soucy is getting punished for a play that shouldn't have happened anyway as the final buzzer was well before.

As per Zadorov's involvement he barely touched McDavid if he really wanted to hurt him 97 wouldn't be getting up. McDavid is 200 lbs flops around like he's 170lbs when suits him.
This shows what you know about cross checks to the back when least expecting one.
You aren't convincing me that it was a tap and I'm not convincing VAN fans that it was a vicious one to lower back. Zadorov intented to injure as he did when he gave one of these to Drisaitl away from play in game 1.

Let's leave it as is and just enjoy the fireworks in game 4.

Reactions: Killer Orcas

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
You have Nurse, Divesaitl, McDiver, and Kane. Were you able to type that with a straight face?
Petersson and Hughes have done a remarkable job of diving this series. It's something the Canucks really developed well when the Sedins, Burrows, Kesler were all doing it multiple times a night, and they still do it all the time. McDavid doesn't really dive - he gets taken down an awful lot because he has the puck a lot, so I can see how some might confuse that with diving, but I don't think it is. Nurse doesn't dive. He plays dirty at times, but he rarely goes down at all, so I don't know how you can say he's a diver. I don't think Drai and Kane are any worse for diving than what the Canucks do regularly.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Well this seems bogus. McDavid could have potentially had a broken neck. When the play happened live and the camera cut away immediately after the crosscheck it definitely crossed my mind that we weren't going to be seeing McDavid getting up from that. This play would be getting attention from DoPS regardless of who the player getting cross-checked was. Greasy f***ing play, it's embarrassing to defend this trash.
Lame. No one thought McDavid was injured.
Hyperbole doesn’t help your argument especially given how much the Oilers have gotten away with.

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
Petersson and Hughes have done a remarkable job of diving this series. It's something the Canucks really developed well when the Sedins, Burrows, Kesler were all doing it multiple times a night, and they still do it all the time. McDavid doesn't really dive - he gets taken down an awful lot because he has the puck a lot, so I can see how some might confuse that with diving, but I don't think it is. Nurse doesn't dive. He plays dirty at times, but he rarely goes down at all, so I don't know how you can say he's a diver. I don't think Drai and Kane are any worse for diving than what the Canucks do regularly.
Don't forget Lindholm.

ghostingtaro

Nov 2, 2013
Mcdavid really shouldn’t go around high sticking and slashing players and things like cross checking won’t happen.

Accidental cross check to the face

Reactions: Regal

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Shows the lack of faith Vancouver has in winning this series when they have to resort to that move after the game is over. Edmonton blowout win incoming for Game 4.

What move? Going to for a shove to the body again, but hitting the face because the best skater in the world crumpled from a love tap the other direction?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
This shows what you know about cross checks to the back when least expecting one.
You aren't convincing me that it was a tap and I'm not convincing VAN fans that it was a vicious one to lower back. Zadorov intented to injure as he did when he gave one of these to Drisaitl away from play in game 1.

Let's leave it as is and just enjoy the fireworks in game 4.
A lot of Vancouver fans here seem to never have done some simple hockey things, like take a hit, or take a slash on the hockey pants.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
If Zadorov can put his crayons down long enough to fight that is.
Zadorov doesn’t need to fight, he’s ran around for 3 games now without consequence. Oilers have nothing to counter him, they are a charmin soft team that can’t even stop Zadorov.

The one penalty Zadorov could have taken the oilers were dumb enough to take a bench minor on it.

Nurse? MIA
Perry? MIA
Kane? MIA
Vinny? MIA
Janmark? MIA

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Meh. That play happens every game. The league wants to protect its superstar.
Special treatment.
Well now I think you're just trying to be funny. It missed though.

I don’t think you actually believe that McDave’s status had no impact on this.
I think the fact that it was McDavid is why they attacked him. Trying to injure the superstar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad