Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Campbell didn't suck worse than Skinner with Woodcroft coaching. Both were equally bad. Campbell was waived to change things up and was never tried with new coach and new defensive strategy.

Skinner could've been pulled after the 3rd goal if not after period 1. Even I'm 3rd Oilers had plenty of time for a comeback. It was a good game with Oilers fighting til the end. The issue here is the assault after the final buzzer .. I don't think many saw what happened to McDavid otherwise the bench could have cleared if McD stayed down on the ice and replays of that play shown.
Campbell is mediocre in the AHL and has been terrible in the playoffs. He was waived because he’s not an NHL goalie. He’s no more the answer than Skinner or Pickard.

MontrealCanuck

Jan 23, 2024
Lumberjack? Oh come on, take the homer glasses off. He hardly even hit him, there were worse slashes and cross checks during the game that the refs don't care about at all.

Vancouver fans of all fanbases accusing others of whining and diving is absolutely ridiculous. Your team has been among the worst for diving for 25 years.
You should probably update your avatar to have him on the Olympic diving, makes more sense than putting his face on Superman. The fan of team whine and dive is accusing others of having homer glasses when he thinks a slight shove that happens a thousand times every game is justification for a lumberjack swing of the stick.

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
The quite simple thing would have been if McDavid kept his stick to himself. He initiated the whole thing with that 2 hander. He decided to write a cheque his ass couldn’t cash.
Again, watch the video Saucy initiated by cross checking McDavid before McDavid responds with a slash. How did he initiate? If you said he shouldn’t have responded that would be more accurate.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I see these being very similar.

They are both retaliatory acts.

Sorry, the issue a lot of (sens) fans had with the play was it was after the whistle (5 seconds left in the decided game). No real deference here. Both games were over.

Sorry, but the league was adamant both in its initial judgment and in its response to Toronto’s appeal that scoring a goal is not an instigating act and therefore Rielly was not retaliating but rather instigating against a defenceless opponent.

Not similar.

Reactions: nabob

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
Get a grip on reality.

Soucy lightly pushes McDavid away. This happens 100x per game and in every single scrum.

McDavid responds with a baseball chop to the legs. He escalates it. McBabys*** is just so pathetic he can't handle what's coming after he starts some s***
So you agree saucy initiated. Thank you for proving my point.

Aug 3, 2021
Soucy should be suspended the rest of the series for his own safety.
"Oh no, Corey Perry and Evander Kane have it out for me!"

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Soucy should be suspended the rest of the series for his own safety.
our so-called toughness has been a no-show in this series so far except for Nurse on Pettersson, I think Soucy will be fine.

I will say that targeting a superstar like Vancouver did that is a good way to wake the Oilers up. They were the better team by far in the last two periods, but they need to start games like that, not just finish them.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
A two handed slash after the game is a lot. McDavid initiated it and should accept the consequences.
I guess you missed it when Soucy initiated it with a push after the whistle? I'm guessing you did or are wearing Canuck blinders.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
our so-called toughness has been a no-show in this series so far except for Nurse on Pettersson, I think Soucy will be fine.

I will say that targeting a superstar like Vancouver did that is a good way to wake the Oilers up. They were the better team by far in the last two periods, but they need to start games like that, not just finish them.
If any game gets out of hand I wouldn’t count out any of the players to try and get their licks in. Doesn’t take much for things to go too far.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
You should probably update your avatar to have him on the Olympic diving, makes more sense than putting his face on Superman. The fan of team whine and dive is accusing others of having homer glasses when he thinks a slight shove that happens a thousand times every game is justification for a lumberjack swing of the stick.
The Canucks are the worst diving team in the league and have been for 25 years.

I hope you never try to chop wood if you think a lumberjack swings that soft.

• Haha
Reactions: NailsHoglander

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Kucherov's neck shot ??? -vs- McDavid neck shot ???

Another example of how players are treated differently within sports across-the-board. Both Kucherov & McDavid's plays should be treated same, but consistency is not a top priority for sport$.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Yep, a knee on knee hit to Hughes should suffice. Maybe have someone push Highes first so that the guy who throws the knee isn’t at fault.

• Haha
Reactions: LivingRentFree

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Could work either way imo. Could wake up the non contributing Oiler players or could embolden the Canucks with an us against the league mentality.
Personally I’m hoping the Oilers try to get revenge like the Leafs did against Marchand.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Zadorov should offer to serve or cover any discipline, it's entirely his fault this ended up being anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad