Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
If he straight up gave him the lumber to the face intentionally after the game I would I agree. However McDavid slashed him pretty heavily just before that and was trying to give him back a cross check to the body. It was a total accident that it hit him in the face as he was falling from another cross check from behind. McDavid got up right afterwards and is fine. Zadorov's shot on McDavid was probably worse and he got a fine, and if anything he should get the 1 game.

We've seen deliberate slew-foots and spearing from the Oilers that went unpunished and were far more dangerous. But since it's the NHL's golden child we're probably gonna get a game for Soucy.
It's way I see it.1 game

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I'm sure Canuck fans everywhere would be celebrating in the streets if they could trade Zadorov and Soucy suspensions for a McDavid suspension.

Disregarding the names of the players involved, some fines would be enough. That being said, the NHL absolutely considers who is involved when reviewing these, it does need to protect it's stars, and McDavid is the star. Based on who it was, this should be a 3-5 game suspension. Make an example out of Soucy and send a message to the rest of the league.
Outrageous, and undoubtedly what is about to happen. We are about to get screwed, again, by DoPs.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
5k for Soucy
5k for McDavid
1 game for Zadorov

This would have been the logical outcome

potatowejj

Oct 22, 2019
Zadorov fined 5000$ for cross check at the end... ooo such a deterrent... somebody should've crosschecked Silov while he had his mask off.. $5000 lol
Many people wanted to do this to Billy Smith back in the day for his hacking and dirty play. Silovs has done literally nothing of the sort.

Reactions: LTIR

KMNRB

Jul 4, 2015
You think cross checks to the face are ok ? And to make it worse the game was already over, it's not a hockey play. Rielly got 5 games in the regular season for a similar play, considering this is the playoffs he probably gets 2 games. Can't pull that kind of crap.

Yeah McDavid slashed him, then he slashed him back, and then Zadorov cross checked McDavid, and then Soucy cross checked him in the face. Easy suspension.

Exactly. I like how the general consensus in the Rielly's case is to make him a villain, and now Soucy is innocent.

The standard for hits to the head after the whistle is already established, and that's for the good of the game.

The more controversial question is how the league lets sneaky hits to the head (like those by Bennett on others) can get away with nothing. It has got to be stopped. I think any hit to the head that causes concussion should be suspended 6 games, regardless of how "unintentional" it may seem, just like in international hockey. Since it's a Bruin and not a Leaf on the receiving end (unlike last year), maybe the league will take a look at it in the offseason after Sweeney's news conference today.

Reactions: AvroArrow

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
Does McD have a broken nose or something as a result of this? It just looked like normal after-the-whistle scrum in a playoff game to me…

Reactions: LivingRentFree

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
McDavid getting up doing nothing loses my respect .He snuck behind everyone along the glass to the ref .Defend yourself be a man for fk sakes.
He should have gone after Silov and cross checked him in the throat... I am pissed too

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
Is anyone actually surprised? Of course the league was going to protect the Oilers.

Little bit of a bad look for McDavid going down that easy after starting that mess, but the Oilers live off of diving so it’s hard to blame him for doing something that’s second nature.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Why is this being looked at? McDavid baseball swings his stick at a guy, and Soucy clearly tries to crosscheck him in the chest as retaliation. Not Soucys fault McDavid crumpled when Zadorov touched him.
He swatted his legs and it was a soft swat at that.. If you've worn hockey pants you'd know he could probably barely feel that.

To be fair to Soucy, had Zadarov not cross checked him at the same time that cross check is more of a chest check pushing him back. It was just bad timing.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Not a fan of Edmonton at all, I guess I could be considered neutral here.

I compare this to the Ottawa vs Toronto game where Rielly crossedchecked Grieg and got suspended. DOPS big deal with it was it was after the game - I assume (lol), the same standards will be applied.

Rielly got 5 regular season games for reference.

There are a few differences.

Soucy’s was a retaliatory act whereas Riellly instigated it after Greig scored a goal.

And technically the game wasn’t over, there was still time left because the clock stops when an EN goal
Is scored.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I'm sure Canuck fans everywhere would be celebrating in the streets if they could trade Zadorov and Soucy suspensions for a McDavid suspension.

Disregarding the names of the players involved, some fines would be enough. That being said, the NHL absolutely considers who is involved when reviewing these, it does need to protect it's stars, and McDavid is the star. Based on who it was, this should be a 3-5 game suspension. Make an example out of Soucy and send a message to the rest of the league.

What a clown ass take.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
IMG_7778.png

Can we stop calling this a shin? Thanks

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Yeah nothing screams elite playoff goalie like Campbell and Pickard. 😆
Both are better than Silov... my 14yo nephew would do better than Skinner.
Lol at lame poke checks, own goals and even a lame penalty to boot.

Cole and Skinner are double agents I'm sure

• Haha
Reactions: notsocommonsense
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad