Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Ofc, it’s McBaby
You think cross checks to the face are ok ? And to make it worse the game was already over, it's not a hockey play. Rielly got 5 games in the regular season for a similar play, considering this is the playoffs he probably gets 2 games. Can't pull that kind of crap.

Yeah McDavid slashed him, then he slashed him back, and then Zadorov cross checked McDavid, and then Soucy cross checked him in the face. Easy suspension.

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
If this happened during regulation, it would have been a 2 minute powerplay for the Oilers (McDavid, Zadorov, and Soucy all getting minors), and there would be zero talk of a suspension outside the most blatant of Oilers homers.

I'd be fine with DOPS handing Soucy a suspension if they suspended Ryan for spearing Hoglander in the balls, or Bennett a suspension for sucker punching Marchand, both of which were of far more nefarious intent. But it's not about what you do, it's about who you do it to.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
I've been surprised all the time by DoPS so I've learned not to create any expectations. There's no rhyme or rule.

Could be a greater than $5k fine. Could be a couple game suspension.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Thats where I am at as an Oilers fan. What was happening between Soucy and McDavid is honestly super common. McDavid only got the stick to the face cause Zadorov is acting like a prick.
Zadorov a 1 game suspension.
Soucy and McDavid nothing or fines.

That should be the outcome but it won't cause the DOPS wheel went this way.
I Am glad Zadorov still there to bully Kane lol

Reactions: Artemi Panarin

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
McDavid two hands Soucy. Soucy retaliates with a cross check as McDavid is falling making it look very bad.

This will net a potential suspension.

Meanwhile this happens and crickets or justification about "what happened before it" making it ok.

Stay consistent kids

Sending Pettersson head first into the boards didn't even garner a call either. McDavid was looking for trouble and found out. Stick to scoring goals pal.

Reactions: LivingRentFree

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Two guys two handing each other? Happens all the time.
After the game is over? Look, we both know your initial comment was dumb and not true. Why can’t we just move on?

Do you want to keep on arguing that big baseball style slashes happen dozens of times after each game? You realize how moronic that is.

Reactions: LivingRentFree

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
How so????

Saucy cross checks McDavid first then McDavid responds with a slash, saucy responds with a slash, then Zadorov (who should be the one deciplined more than Saicy) cross checks him from behind into saucy who cross checks him in the face(which would have been in the chest). It’s quiet simple if you watch the footage
The quite simple thing would have been if McDavid kept his stick to himself. He initiated the whole thing with that 2 hander. He decided to write a cheque his ass couldn’t cash.

• Haha
Reactions: 22Brad Park

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Oilers are getting physical beat up
Their goalie has collapsed
Their two stars played 30 mins last night and they still lost.

you guys may not agree with me but i'm going to guess that a Soucy suspension wont affect the rest of the series. The conditions are perfect for the Oil to self-implode.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
You think cross checks to the face are ok ? And to make it worse the game was already over, it's not a hockey play. Rielly got 5 games in the regular season for a similar play, considering this is the playoffs he probably gets 2 games. Can't pull that kind of crap.

Yeah McDavid slashed him, then he slashed him back, and then Zadorov cross checked McDavid, and then Soucy cross checked him in the face. Easy suspension.
Yes, because I witnessed Bennet got away with a sucker bunch yesterday

Also Sedins got punched in the face repeatedly in front of refs 13 years ago

But we gotta protect McPrecious

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Oilers are getting physical beat up
Their goalie has collapsed
Their two stars played 30 mins last night and they still lost.

you guys may not agree with me but i'm going to guess that a Soucy suspension wont affect the rest of the series. The conditions are perfect for the Oil to self-implode.
Well, his replace Juulsen is just as big so there’s that

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Thats where I am at as an Oilers fan. What was happening between Soucy and McDavid is honestly super common. McDavid only got the stick to the face cause Zadorov is acting like a prick.
Zadorov a 1 game suspension.
Soucy and McDavid nothing or fines.

That should be the outcome but it won't cause the DOPS wheel went this way.
Agreed. The hassle happens because Zadorov inserts himself into a pretty common interaction between two players.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
1715616763989.png

Credit to Flik

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017

Two games huh, next time should just axe chop him like pietrangelo. Oilers already have shown they won't do anything about it, plus only 1 game suspension.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
If this happened during regulation, it would have been a 2 minute powerplay for the Oilers (McDavid, Zadorov, and Soucy all getting minors), and there would be zero talk of a suspension outside the most blatant of Oilers homers.

I'd be fine with DOPS handing Soucy a suspension if they suspended Ryan for spearing Hoglander in the balls, or Bennett a suspension for sucker punching Marchand, both of which were of far more nefarious intent. But it's not about what you do, it's about who you do it to.
U nailed it .If that was on say Ceci it would be nothing let's move on.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
the most suspendable act in this exchange is Zadorov to be completely honest. You could tell by Soucy's reaction that he was shocked that McDavid was suddenly a foot shorter and his crosscheck hit him in the mouth instead of in the chest.

Zadorov doesn't attack from behind as the third man in, Soucy's crosscheck is run of the mill, and nobody gets suspended.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Let’s just wrap McDavid in a ‘FRAGILE: DO NOT TOUCH’ tape

And if there was ever any doubt about how the league gives its golden egg any preferential treatment, this should put that thought to sleep. All the other dirty shit that happened in the playoffs like the nut shot Ryan gave Hoglander the other game, or that punch Bennett gave to Marchand, and this is what gets a hearing.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
After the game is over? Look, we both know your initial comment was dumb and not true. Why can’t we just move on?

Do you want to keep on arguing that big baseball style slashes happen dozens of times after each game? You realize how moronic that is.

After the play is over? Swatting at each other with sticks?

Yes it happens frequently. Are you new to hockey?

I’m still waiting for all of your examples of retaliatory cross checks to the face going unpunished.

I think everyone agrees that the shot to the face was accidental, but it was still a penalty and the end result was contact to the face.

Lack of deliberate Intention might reduce the punishment.

He has Zadorov to thank for the phone call from the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad