Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanOriginal

Jun 15, 2019
I read somewhere that Soucy is getting a phone hearing? If so I don't think those are more than 1 game? I can't remember the rule difference between in person hearing and phone hearing

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Has McDavid ever drawn a suspension before? You realise he plays for a Canadian market right?

Where is this reputation coming from, that McDavid somehow gets players suspended all the time?

Name the long list of suspensions for him to have this reputation.
The playoffs are where small sample sizes matter. All I know is that in this series, multiple incidents have not been punished, but this one is. I’d argue that Kanes slew foot and Ryan’s spear are as bad as the McDavid sandwich, so it rightfully pisses me off that the common denominator in the “clean” hockey plays is that it’s not McDavid

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
This Oilers team is soft as butter. Kane gets embarassed and destroyed and nearly gets put into the first row by Zadorov. Then their best player gets beatdown by Soucy and where's the Oilers response? Zero pushback from this squad.
This was after the game. What is Ekholm supposed to do there risk a suspension to punch out Soucy?

Reactions: 9911

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
NHL has to protect its golden boy and can't let him be touched lol, especially if you look at what Edmonton, Florida, and the rangers have gotten away with. On top of all that it was obvious to anyone with half a brain that Soucy wasn't aiming for his face.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Soucy crosschecked him right after the game ended which initiated it all. McDavid still takes the crosscheck to the head and his head barely drops before Soucy makes contact. He's at least taking a crosscheck to the throat if Z doesn't touch him.

You just know Kane is going to give it right back to Hughes or Pettersson if there is no suspension. That also just opens the door for a complete shitshow next game so I'm leaning towards a suspension.
Hopefully it's miller and Lindholm and not hughes/EP. Time to earn your cheques bottom 6.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Whether accidental or not, the end result was a cross-check to the face.

I see slashes like McDavid’s dozens of times a game. You don’t see a cross check to the face like that very often.

I have less sympathy for Soucy seeing as it was his own teammate hitting McDavid from behind that put him into the vulnerable position.
Two hand base ball slashes after the game is over rarely happens. The idea that this happens dozens of time a game is hilarious hyperbole.

Reactions: LivingRentFree

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
Why do people keep saying the Oilers will retaliate?

Who is going to do something about it?? Kane? Nobody is afraid of Evander Kane in 2024. There is no toughness on that roster whatsoever.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
There's no guarantee Soucy gets suspended, IIRC it's a phone hearing. those are usually fines anyway ( nor do i think he should get suspended).
IMO fines all around (Zad already got 1, Soucy and McDavid) then call it a day

Reactions: LivingRentFree

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I read somewhere that Soucy is getting a phone hearing? If so I don't think those are more than 1 game? I can't remember the rule difference between in person hearing and phone hearing
Phone hearings are for 1-5 games or fines over $5,000

There's no guarantee Soucy gets suspended, IIRC it's a phone hearing. those are usually fines anyway ( nor do i think he should get suspended).
IMO fines all around (Zad already got 1, Soucy and McDavid) then call it a day
1 game or a fine, Soucy has a pretty good case that he wasn’t intentionally going for the head

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Ah yes, a crosscheck to the face = weak slash to the shinpad
A two handed baseball style slash after the game is over is not an acceptable hockey play. McDavid got cross checked twice, and deservedly so. Obviously Saucey wasn’t trying to get McDavid in the face and Zadorov’s cross check unfortunately led to that.

But intent is important. Like, McDavid high stocked Quinn Hughes in the face. It was unintentional so he wasn’t suspended.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Zadorov is the one responsible for this as he crosschecks him in the back as Soucy is already engaged with McDavid. Had he not done what he did, it would've been nothing more than McDavid doing his usual "brave guy when refs are around" antics.

If he gets suspended, I hope McDavid gets absolutely obliterated in their next game.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Why do people keep saying the Oilers will retaliate?

Who is going to do something about it?? Kane? Nobody is afraid of Evander Kane in 2024. There is no toughness on that roster whatsoever.
If TO had toughness you guys would still be in the playoffs

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Try taking a 2hander to your back and as you are falling forward take a 2 hander of graphite to your face...
Then tell me what's worse.. that or getting jumped from behind (Bert) or a stick to the face (mcsorely/brashear)

Just because there was no injury doesn't mean it wasn't vicious.. McDavid or not it was a bad play.
O I played junior and one time I was s sceening goalie .Just as shot came I got bumped from behind and puck got me in nads .I was helpless & I could not do nothing to avoid it, so u are not wrong.But and I mean but there is nothing wrong with him while Brad Marchand has a concussion ( brain Injury).and crickets.Its a very very bad look for this phony league that claims they protect everyone.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Not really.

Swinging at what, his body? Please.
Ok, show me all the dozens of times we see baseball style two handed slashes after the game is over. Should be pretty easy to find give that it happens so much according to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad