Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Poetic justice how McDavid embellishing from Zadorov’s check made him get cross checked in the face
It’s embellishment to fall when a 250lb man unexpectedly crosschecks you in the spine? Not sure about this one

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Let’s be honest here. No one is really afraid of the Oilers getting revenge for that hit. First they are not a very physical team and second the playoffs are too important. Revenge is mostly a myth these days.
this is the obvious answer, until 5 years from now some oilers hits a canuck and then some hardo from here will be all "thats from the time soucy crosschecked mcdavid".

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Fine all 3 of them.
As a Canuck fan...I 'm actually hoping that McDavid gets absolutely nothing (even though he instigated and gave a two hand slash), and both Canuck players get penalized by the league.

it will demonstrate once and for all, how crippled the NHL justice system really is..If i was McDavid , I would be embarrassed...(all 3 players committed fouls)...some warrior hey..?...

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Sure but you’re an Oilers fan. Your view would carry more weight if you posted about Pettersson having his head driven into the boards or the nut shot to Hoglander. Fans only get outraged when it happens to their team.
Not picking on just you but most fans, including myself, view things that way.
False equivalencies. Neither of those situations matter to this one.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Normally when people talk about reaction and back up, they aren't talking about what you feel is support. For every action they want an equal reaction. If my captain got that, my hope in the response is an equal shot to back. But to each their own.

Let the Canucks lose their cool even after winning the game. That kind of fragility usually sorts itself out, i.e. losing Games 4-6 and being ousted.

• Haha
Reactions: Artemi Panarin

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Look at that damage.

mc.png

• Haha
Reactions: Killer Orcas

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
There is a bit of a disconnect in the "intent" vs. "result" argument here, though.

If you favour intent, then obviously Soucy shouldn't be punished.

However, if you favour "result", then you also have to consider that the ultimate "result" was that Mcdavid didn't suffer any injury, as I understand it. Only looking at the unintentional cross check to the neck as a result, but ignoring the ultimate result of no injury, is quite illogical.

Not really. There’s result in terms of the final action and result in terms of the end consequences. Most punishment is from the result in terms of the action. You might not have meant to trip somebody when you put your stick by their skates but if you did it’s still tripping. He didn’t mean to cross check him high but he still cross checked him high. Intent and consequences will usually come into play in terms of leniency of the punishment.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Now the real battle begins - in the coaching press conferences.

I dont understand why he's having a hearing, guess we will see how this turns out

I don't think it's that surprising. He still took a cross-check to the face after the end of the game. It's a mitigating factor for the punishment though.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
if McDavid didnt fall forward would Soucy even have crosschecked him in the face?
No..its the most obvious answer..apparently, Soucy apologized (on the ice) directly after.

Unless you're the Edmonton Journal which claims it was a savage mugging by Soucy with intent to injure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad