Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Who the hell knows anymore. Can't even figure out what is and isn't a penalty in one game anymore. Refs across the board are so inconsistent.

Commentators don't even know anymore which makes the NHL look so stupid to anyone new that is watching the game. The play by play and color guy should be able to explain the game so that new fans can have an understanding of what is happening, but they can't even do that anymore.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
At this point you would think people would realize that there are consequences for actions in all aspects of life not just hockey and sometimes you're punished for doing something reckless even if the outcome wasn't your intent.

This is all well and good but the league (presumably) looks at intent in situations like this.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
McDavid totally sold the Zadorov cross check. Connor is a beast. Yet look how easily his knees buckle.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
This is all well and good but the league (presumably) looks at intent in situations like this.
No, they don't always. It is a factor in the length of a suspension, but there has been multiple suspensions in the past that are deemed "reckless" and not "intentional" in their explanation videos.

I think the lack of intent means this at most gets 1 game.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Am I tripping or are Canucks fans saying that the slash to the pants meant something? Like some line was crossed where now it is okay to injure McDavid?

Crosscheck to the neck or face??

That is wild. A lot of guys are going on IR after that.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Crosscheck to the neck or face??

Crosscheck?

More like assault with a deadly weapon. We should expect to see the reverse guillotine on the next Faces of Death compilation. McDavid almost died, err, was decapitated, I mean, had his neck broken, err, had his trachea crushed, rather had his Adam's apple pulped, but actually his collarbone ground into powder, err, a nasty contusion, a bruised ego.

Whatever it takes to win, I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: M2Beezy

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Immediately as in when? Game was over and there was a scrum.
Warning means jack all in this situation. Dress Carrick or whoever and get a 5000 fine or suspension at the end of game 4 while taking out a Nuck or 2.

No point going after Zadorov... it will need to be a Miller or Lindholm
lol….okay …….

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
A two handed baseball swing happens all the time.?..Come on man.
You think that McDavid slash was a baseball swing? Christ, what are some of you people watching? You're acting like he Marty McSorley'd Soucy.

Oh and Soucy initiated it by pushing McDavid after the whistle.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Crosscheck?

More like assault with a deadly weapon. We should expect to see the reverse guillotine on the next Faces of Death compilation. McDavid almost died, err, was decapitated, I mean, had his neck broken, err, had his trachea crushed, rather had his Adam's apple pulped, but actually his collarbone ground into powder, err, a nasty contusion, a bruised ego.

Whatever it takes to win, I guess.
Diminishing what a cross check to throat feels like and what damage it can cause (vertebral fracture, disc herniation, nerve impingement, vascular damage) is just a bad look and shows you've probably never played hockey good lord.

Reactions: Yeah15 and Canovin

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I don't think Soucy meant to, or even would have cross checked him in the neck had Zadorov not gotten him first.

That said, you can't just let that go, Soucy should be punished and it's just a bit of bad luck on his part.

Reactions: McFlyingV

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Please show where Petey turns away from the hit. I've seen it ten times and this nonsense keeps being reiterated. The angle in which Nurse comes in is always going to propel a player into the boards from where he was throwing that hit. Initial contact wasn't all numbers, but the follow through the body was all numbers because of the angle he went after Pettersson.

We act as if Petey turned last second. He doesn't turn at all. The contact propels him into the boards with Nurse having zero effort to avoid numbers as he throws all of his weight through them.
That's not on Nurse then. He was hitting EP in the shoulder. You can watch it again if you like, but EP was turning, its clear as day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad