Prospect Info: Carson Rehkopf - Forward (Round 2, Pick #50 - 2023 Draft)

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
The 17th overall pick in the 2021 OHL Draft, Carson Rehkopf made an immediate impact for the Kitchener Rangers. As a 16-year-old OHL Rookie, Rehkopf scored 18 goals and 15 assists for 33 points in 65 regular-season games. He also put up four goals and two assists for six points in 12 playoff games. Rehkopf built on his strong season by making Team Canada for last summer’s Hlinka-Gretzky Cup. He scored a goal and four assists for five points in five tournament games, helping Canada win the Gold Medal.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010

When looking for a potential power forward, it’s always difficult to find a player that has the full package with their offensive capabilities, speed and compete. Lucky enough, Kitchener Rangers forward Carson Rehkopf completes the trifecta with those attributes as he excels in all three areas. He finished his draft year with 30 goals and 59 points, finishing third and second on the team respectively.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
More info on Rehkopf for you:

Last edited:

Frostitute

Feb 9, 2022
Northern Ontario
Leafs fan here but hockey lover first and foremost. Looks like this kid is killing it in the OHL this year, 19 goals in 19 games and leading the league in points. Seems to me like crazy good value at 50th overall in the draft, looks like you guys got a good one!

Has anyone seen him live? How is his skating/physicality/IQ etc. Hoping I can see Kitch when they come to Sudbury or the Zoo. Seems like they have some real players.

Reactions: The Marquis

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He looks absolutely lethal.

I love those quick backhand passes. Quick way to break a defense.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It's not even his final year of eligibility and Carson Rehkopf is making Team Canada at the World Juniors. That's really rare for a 2nd rounder. Not only that but they have him practicing on a line with Celebrini and Dumais.

I've been somewhat disappointed in Sale's start but Rehkopf has more than made up for it. He'd be a 1st rounder, and not a late 1st, if he was redrafted.

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018
Obviously had a nice game tonight in Sweden. Glad they slotted him in the lineup so we could get a good look at what he can do on a good line. Goes without saying he’ll stick with the line to start next game too.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
When I watched him, albeit limited.
He seemed a little weak playing a cycle game. He's 6'3" but plays like 5'10" when amongst the boards.

However, he's got a lethal shot, which is an absolute lazer. His release is his best asset. He's also a lethal player off the rush; although he's not quick, he makes plays quickly, which is a good sign of his adaptability when playing at a higher level. He has all the toolbox, but I will be curious to see how he puts it together in Pro. Could flutter out like Shinkaruk or thrive like Toffoli.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad