Recalled/Assigned: Carr down. Duke up. UPD: Duke down

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Only thing I can think of is because Carr is a one-way player, it must be after a certain amount of games you lose the ability of sending him down without having to go through waivers.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Only thing I can think of is because Carr is a one-way player, it must be after a certain amount of games you lose the ability of sending him down without having to go through waivers.
One-way/two-way HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WAIVERS. (Only how much a player is paid if he's assigned to minors.)

Carr cleared waivers before the season. He can play up to 10 games and be on the roster up to 30 days (cumulatively) before he has to clear waivers again to be assigned to AHL. He played 6 games.

Reactions: cjerina

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Not really understanding this... Yeah it's cool to have our First Ever Player up on the main roster, but the timing is really strange. Especially with the 3rd line looking much better with Carr.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Wonder what happened there. Carr seemed like he deserved a little more time than that, especially considering how long Hyka hung around.

Was it one of those "send him down before 10 games so we don't have to waive him" things?

Or is it simply that they want to change up the third line and try to find something that works? Third line has been our consistent weak link all season. They can't send Nosek or Carpy down, so Carr it would be.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Seeing as the Knights are in Chicago, Duke and Carr don't have to go very far.

edit: the Wolves are in Iowa. I tried.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
One-way/two-way HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WAIVERS. (Only how much a player is paid if he's assigned to minors.)

Carr cleared waivers before the season. He can play up to 10 games and be on the roster up to 30 days (cumulatively) before he has to clear waivers again to be assigned to AHL. He played 6 games.

Good info, I replied before seeing this post. So then they are searching for a spark. And again, they can't send Nosek or Carpy down without waivers.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I wouldn't expect Duke to even play if Patches is feeling better. Seems to be more about Lindberg playing his best game in 10 months, and Turk not being high on Carr. Just like Pirri.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV

That is exactly what I was referring to. He had played 6 games and Stastny will be back shortly. Send him down now before he reaches 10 games

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I think Stastny is a little further out than we've been led to believe. I expect him by Christmas.

The Knights seem to like making the public/other teams think their players are less hurt than they actually are and are closer to returning than they actually are.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Good info, I replied before seeing this post. So then they are searching for a spark. And again, they can't send Nosek or Carpy down without waivers.
Though honestly, I if both were waiver exempt I wouldn't be considering sending Nosek down. He seems to be the only third liner to do things, though I felt Carr was doing alot while he was up. Carpy has been ineffective all season, so I would send him down, hoping he could get some mojo back in the AHL. Moot point though seeing as he's not Waiver exempt though who would be likely to claim him (do the sharks want him back?)

Reactions: BattleBorn

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Nosek is good, and I think he could do with some Top 6 time just to see what he's capable of. I'm not at the practices though.

Carpenter is one of my favorite stories from last year, and I'm pretty sure he's one of my favorites. However, I've got him on my list if we've got to put someone on waivers to give someone else a shot. That doesn't make me happy.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Carpenter is a lunch pail guy. He's often leading the team in faceoff wins. PKer .

He's not flashy, just a solid worker.

He wouldn't clear waivers if exposed. Some team would pick him up.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Though honestly, I if both were waiver exempt I wouldn't be considering sending Nosek down. He seems to be the only third liner to do things, though I felt Carr was doing alot while he was up. Carpy has been ineffective all season, so I would send him down, hoping he could get some mojo back in the AHL. Moot point though seeing as he's not Waiver exempt though who would be likely to claim him (do the sharks want him back?)

Kings seem to be on a waiver-grabbing spree.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Kings seem to be on a waiver-grabbing spree.
And why wouldn't they be? They're the reason waivers are good. They didn't completely sell out to get/keep the window open, but they made moves kept it open and can benefit from supplementing their later draft picks of the past with a chance at some unseen talent.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
And why wouldn't they be? They're the reason waivers are good. They didn't completely sell out to get/keep the window open, but they made moves kept it open and can benefit from supplementing their later draft picks of the past with a chance at some unseen talent.

Point is that there is a chance Carpy would get grabbed.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Point is that there is a chance Carpy would get grabbed.
I don't want him grabbed at all. I want him to sneak through and wind up in Chicago if we have to send someone down.

He's not someone I don't want on the team, he's someone I'd be willing to take a calculated risk on to give someone else a shot while he's not producing. I think he's a good player, I'm not sure he's the best player we've got for the role though, and I'd like to find out if that's the case.

I do not want Carpenter gone, I just think he's the one on the list to lose a spot if we think we've got talent in the pipeline. I love Carpy, I'm just sad that he's not producing. That may be the line, though.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I don't want him grabbed at all. I want him to sneak through and wind up in Chicago if we have to send someone down.

He's not someone I don't want on the team, he's someone I'd be willing to take a calculated risk on to give someone else a shot while he's not producing. I think he's a good player, I'm not sure he's the best player we've got for the role though, and I'd like to find out if that's the case.

I do not want Carpenter gone, I just think he's the one on the list to lose a spot if we think we've got talent in the pipeline. I love Carpy, I'm just sad that he's not producing. That may be the line, though.
Does anyone know exactly what has to be done in what time frame to claim someone off waivers.... so if I cut of all phone services to NHL HQ so they didn't receive any notifications could we sneak players down then or what :laugh::laugh:

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Does anyone know exactly what has to be done in what time frame to claim someone off waivers.... so if I cut of all phone services to NHL HQ so they didn't receive any notifications could we sneak players down then or what :laugh::laugh:
Knowing the league, everything's done via fax and you can do the email fax thing now. :laugh:

Either way, you can always try to sneak someone through on a day when someone "better" or more closely matching what a potential claiming team needs gets thrown onto the wire.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Players are informed they're going on waivers (nominally team informs agent, who informs players). Form needs to be submitted before noon ET. Then listed/available on waivers for 24 hours. If unclaimed, team can assign to AHL. If claim(s) are submitted for player, team with worst record gets him. (And the acquiring team has to make NHL roster spot available.)

Reactions: hangman005

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
May I propose a solution: it involves John Merrill and a catapult
Is that Solution hogtying Merrill and loading him onto a catapult. gathering everyone from all teams and the NHL's head office in one place, with a signal jammer being used. While everyone is trying to convince us to not fire the catapult GMGM waives the players we want to waive.... we draw the whole thing out over 24 hours and before anyone has realized our players have cleared?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad